• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MonadL

Oct 25, 2017
I'd imagine this will be more like Uncharted 4 & Lost Legacy. Locations like Midgar and dungeons are fairly linear (though hopefully not quite FFXIII linear) and then there will be some overworld sections that connect the Midgars and Chocobo ranches and such of the world that are more open
Yeah I'm thinking the latter games might be similar to DQXI.

APZonerunner

Features Editor at VG247.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
England
So will there be a world map?

I've said before, but apropos of no inside information (and I just wanna make that clear 'cos I've said some stuff about FF in the past), I think the system for the world map that'd make the most sense for this game would be to have it like Lost Odyssey.

Specifically, when developing Versus we know from Famitsu/interviews/etc that Nomura struggled with the chibi, out-of-scale characters on a representative world map. We've heard him say this was a conundrum, and in some very old Versus stuff - photos of the studio and stuff - we've seen photos of what looked to be a world map with a small but out-of-scale figures on it. But it also does appear this was gone by the time the game became 15.

But the funny thing is, Sakaguchi's Lost Odyssey had a great solution for this years before. In Lost Odyssey, anything on foot or in early-game vehicles takes place in the style of FF10 & 13. So you travel from place to place without hitting a world map. Sometimes there's a cool map screen with awesome music and you watch the dotted line carry you from place to place to give a sense of the size of the world, Indiana Jones style. But when you get a boat and then airship in the mid/late game, that flips on its head: at that point you have a traditional world map, except it's realistically scaled to the proportions of the (huge) ship. So you can take the ship around, but you don't have that chibi figure on the map that's problematic for immersion. You can 'dock' the airship places, and when you do, that loads up a normal area to scale with the character models. In LO unlocking the ship (and then airship) is a big deal for this reason, too, as it means there's loads of little dock areas (caves, secret islands, new towns, etc) that you can finally fly over to and visit. Waterlocked places you couldn't reach on foot, etc. So it really feels like it blows the game wide open all of a sudden.

I honestly feel like this solution makes a ton of sense for FF7, as aside from a few bits that could easily be saved for later or made part of the critical path (and Yuffie, certainly, will be folded into the critical path), most of your Disc 1/2 world map travel in FF7 is simply to go from Plot Area A to Plot Area B, not actually exploring. So making it like FF10/13 for those early segments makes a lot of sense - but for the back half of the game, when you have the airship, you can basically recreate the PS1 map, but only have it scaled to the Highwind.

Rockets

Sep 12, 2018
Never played FF7. Was thinking of picking up the original on Switch. Is it worth playing the original at this point or should I just wait for the remake?

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
I'd imagine this will be more like Uncharted 4 & Lost Legacy. Locations like Midgar and dungeons are fairly linear (though hopefully not quite FFXIII linear) and then there will be some overworld sections that connect the Midgars and Chocobo ranches and such of the world that are more open
I think they'll be aiming for FF 14 world map. Not FF10

sfortunato

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
I've said before, but apropos of no inside information (and I just wanna make that clear 'cos I've said some stuff about FF in the past), I think the system for the world map that'd make the most sense for this game would be to have it like Lost Odyssey.

Specifically, when developing Versus we know from Famitsu/interviews/etc that Nomura struggled with the chibi, out-of-scale characters on a representative world map. We've heard him say this was a conundrum, and in some very old Versus stuff - photos of the studio and stuff - we've seen photos of what looked to be a world map with a small but out-of-scale figures on it. But it also does appear this was gone by the time the game became 15.

But the funny thing is, Sakaguchi's Lost Odyssey had a great solution for this years before. In Lost Odyssey, anything on foot or in early-game vehicles takes place in the style of FF10 & 13. So you travel from place to place without hitting a world map. Sometimes there's a cool map screen with awesome music and you watch the dotted line carry you from place to place to give a sense of the size of the world, Indiana Jones style. But when you get a boat and then airship in the mid/late game, that flips on its head: at that point you have a traditional world map, except it's realistically scaled to the proportions of the (huge) ship. So you can take the ship around, but you don't have that chibi figure on the map that's problematic for immersion. You can 'dock' the airship places, and when you do, that loads up a normal area to scale with the character models. In LO unlocking the ship (and then airship) is a big deal for this reason, too, as it means there's loads of little dock areas (caves, secret islands, new towns, etc) that you can finally fly over to and visit. Waterlocked places you couldn't reach on foot, etc. So it really feels like it blows the game wide open all of a sudden.

I honestly feel like this solution makes a ton of sense for FF7, as aside from a few bits that could easily be saved for later or made part of the critical path (and Yuffie, certainly, will be folded into the critical path), most of your Disc 1/2 world map travel in FF7 is simply to go from Plot Area A to Plot Area B, not actually exploring. So making it like FF10/13 for those early segments makes a lot of sense - but for the back half of the game, when you have the airship, you can basically recreate the PS1 map, but only have it scaled to the Highwind.

I feel the game will be much more streamlined than the original one. Its structure will likely be going from location A to location B all the time without a world-map at all. There'll be large open areas like dungeons and forests but that's it. That would be coherent with making the game episodic in that each game will have the same structure (as the first part, likely only Midgar, won't have any world-map whatsoever regardless).

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
Actually I have to ask since this thread grew quite a bit and nothing is in the OP but in Max's video Kenny tells him that Square Enix are setting up appointments at E3 and the remake will be playable. Was this ever mentioned elsewhere or confirmed?
Love Max and I can't wait for him to replay VII in the lead up to this game.

And yeah, I'm curious too. Does anybody know about the reservations? Is it just speculation and he's shooting the shit?

ZeroDS

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
One of my friends is worried they will change Aerith from street smart to simple angel type character. Really hope they don't do that.

Like in the trailer, in the original you had to buy that flower so I'm hoping that if Cloud takes it she will just just say"ok that's a Gil, you took it so pay up" something like that anyway

Estarossa

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Actually I have to ask since this thread grew quite a bit and nothing is in the OP but in Max's video Kenny tells him that Square Enix are setting up appointments at E3 and the remake will be playable. Was this ever mentioned elsewhere or confirmed?

Confirmed false from the the man himself. But there could be a potential demo if it's releasing within the next 12 months.

Noctis0Stella

Mar 17, 2019
A new rumor, but takes this with big grain of salt, because he was told by someone that FF VII Remake will have two parts (part 1 will end in
Aeriths death
and this makes actually sense since new fans really want to know how it goes on) and is coming Early November 2019. The rest is in the comments.
Okay so I will post it in this topic. To be clear this is not an individual that I am all that close with. Just a casual acquaintance that I attended HS with and share a similar taste in games with. So he is involved in game journalism with the majority of his content being Japanese games. He shared details with me about the trailer 3-4 hours before it dropped and was 100% accurate beat for beat. I mention this information just to share why I am even given this the time of day. Please understand that I cannot verify this information. I cannot claim it is 100% correct. This same individual also thought we would get information in March-April, but we did not. So either his sourcing is inconsistent, or he has located a new source in Japan that is much more in the know. AGAIN UNDERSTAND THAT IS ALL RUMOR UNTIL PROVEN CORRECT! I am not endorsing this as fact. That said I will now list the information given to me and some may be considered spoilers for those who have not played the original: FFVII Remake is going to have a HUGE presence at E3. When people say information blowout this will be the definition of it. He says to expect a pretty lengthy trailer that will incorporate game play and story. There will be a game play demonstration as well. We will also get a release date. Not a window, but a date. Early November 2019. He would not give me a hard day. Now, this is stuff we could have all theorized ourselves to be honest. He also gave me some information about how the game will be split. He claims it will be split into two parts. Part one will end with the death of Aerith. The wait between part one and part two will not be a very long wait in comparison to this initial wait. The games will have expanded plot points and locations with tweaks here and there, but the overall narrative will feel familiar to fans of the original. Also tells me that the towns and cities feel much more real and organic. Real roads present and feel like they serve realistic functions. A world that feels living. Each location feels unique and feels like it exists for a reason. It makes sense that people put up shop there once upon a time when people were settling in Gaia. Yuffie and Vincent will be much more organically tied into the story. Said that even though Yuffie is a mandatory character the window that you obtain her optional. Can range anywhere from Junon region to Rocket town. She is obtain via side quest early, but an automatically triggered event later if you do not have in her tow. I think we all figured the two were obviously going to be mandatory characters since they have been included in just about all FFVII related media since the OG, but I find the Yuffie stuff interesting if real and I am not sure how hard that would be to program something like that into a game. Jenova will still be expanded on, but they are going to keep her origins a bit mysterious. She is going to be frightening with this new tech. Also mentioned that the Sephiroth scene from the teaser is from the Nibelheim flashback in Kalm. Points to the fact that you can see the road lines to prove that it is not in a reactor like some fan speculation has been. He also gave me some information game play mechanics: Limits will be familiar, but different. For example the characters will retain the ability to use all their limit breaks from the OG, but they will serve in different functions. For characters that had the full tree of 7 limit breaks their first limit of that level will be a special attack as in one that you can use from the command menu more freely. Hence Braver in the shortcut menu he says. But Cross-Slash would be used as a limit break in the conventional sense. Bar fills up. Attack is used. Bar depletes after you select. So to simplify it further: Cloud: Lvl 1: Braver - special attack from menu/ Cross-Slash - Limit Break Lvl 2: Blade Beam - special attack from menu/ Climhazzard- Limit Break He also states that Magic and Summon materia will be very familiar in their use. Attaching them allows for those options to show up on the command menu, but you will want to strategically attach materia as the characters will be a little less like "blank slates" than they were in the OG. They will have their niches in combat and constantly utilized them all will be beneficial for players. Trying to just spam one character will not get you very far in the game. You won't want to load your CQC guys with a bunch of magic and weaken their attack and HP stats since they have to be close to the enemies for melee attacks. Where as characters like Vincent and Barrett could shoulder a little more since they do not have to be up close and personal to deal melee damage. This is the information I was given. Again a lot of it is stuff we could come up with if we sat and thought long enough, but I don't know what this individual would have to gain by making it up. He could have a bad source. He could have a good one as he was right about the teaser. Who knows. Please do not take this as gospel.
To be honest it's believable, but that Square Enix is that far in development, I mean in part 1 there are 10 towns/villages, the battle system ect. and to develop this in 4 years since 2015. Okay they often said that development is going smoothly but still its Square Enix.

APZonerunner

Features Editor at VG247.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
England
I feel the game will be much more streamlined than the original one. Its structure will likely be going from location A to location B all the time without a world-map at all. There'll be large open areas like dungeons and forests but that's it. That would be coherent with making the game episodic in that each game will have the same structure (as the first part, likely only Midgar, won't have any world-map whatsoever regardless).

Well, that's basically what I described - Lost Odyssey approaches this too, though with a very 2008 approach to 'open areas' - but at the end you have the 'reward' of a traditional world map you can float around using an airship, which is sort of the best of both worlds.

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
A new rumor, but takes this with big grain of salt, because he was told by someone that FF VII Remake will have two parts (part 1 will end in
Aeriths death
and this makes actually sense since new fans really want to know how it goes on) and is coming Early November 2019. The rest is in the comments. To be honest it's believable, but that Square Enix is that far in development, I mean in part 1 there are 10 towns/villages, the battle system ect. and to develop this in 4 years since 2015. Okay they often said that development is going smoothly but still its Square Enix.

Huge grain of salt on this one. two parts with the first one until Aerith's death and releasing in 2019 November? Yeah then my concerns of cuts to the game would increase by a thousand.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
Aeriths death
and this makes actually sense since new fans really want to know how it goes on) and is coming Early November 2019. The rest is in the comments. To be honest it's believable, but that Square Enix is that far in development, I mean in part 1 there are 10 towns/villages, the battle system ect. and to develop this in 4 years since 2015. Okay they often said that development is going smoothly but still its Square Enix.
I like how everything sounds in this, but feels it's a little too good to be true. I don't expect November release and I don't expect it to be 2 parts. But I would love this to be true though.

Carmelozi

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
APZonerunner , what you said makes sense but it could also have FFXII world design. Of course, this approach could be a problem for a game broken into multiple parts but I think they can do something. I've talked a bit in other threads with some people about that, so the idea would be taking the loading screen system from Spider-man/Warframe when you move in an another zone. Then when you are in a zone, you can move freely either by foot, car or airship.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
That rumor sounds perfect. I've been wracking my brain in how they can split FF7 into three parts but there's no sensible way to do it.

Two parts on the other hand is perfect. Temple of the Ancients is a very natural ending point for part 1, it can be worked into a great final dungeon, sensible final boss, and a great cliffhanger to make you want part 2. End it right where disc 1 ends basically.

sfortunato

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
Well, that's basically what I described - Lost Odyssey approaches this too, though with a very 2008 approach to 'open areas' - but at the end you have the 'reward' of a traditional world map you can float around using an airship, which is sort of the best of both worlds.

What I was saying is that in my opinion FFVII won't have any worldmap whatsoever. There won't be a point where you can freely travel the world choosing the location. It'll be streamlined as an Uncharted game.

Carmelozi

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Aeriths death

Can you format your post? It's a bit difficult to read ahah. And can you put the original source, I know it's Reddit as I read that yesterday. :)

Now, the E3 stuff seems believable but I'm not so sure for the rest. Like the 2 parts thing, it would be a big ordeal to make all of elements from the begining of the game to that iconic scene. We talk about two continents to create! So I'm somewhat reserved to that. I suppose we will know more in june.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Aeriths death

So much info but no mention of how Tifa will look? I don't believe it.

Joking aside it always seemed like a logical point to end the game there. It is just a bit hard to imagine it done well due to the possible scope but as Carmelozi said FF12 level design would actually work well. No standard overworld but the overworld turned into different zones. The more I think about it the more this really seems to be the perfect way to do it

Prof Bathtub

Apr 26, 2018
At the point of Aerith's death, you've already seen most of the towns and areas of the game. It wouldn't be too feasible to have that all created for the first game of the remake. They're splitting the story up in order to ease the workload, so why would the first game have the majority of the assets?

Death Penalty

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Rumor reads as one of those rumors that's mostly just supposition based on the trailer (for credibility) and wishful thinking (to generate buzz). Seems pretty fake, it spends a ton of time not saying much at all.

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
At the point of Aerith's death, you've already seen most of the towns and areas of the game. It wouldn't be too feasible to have that all created for the first game of the remake. They're splitting the story up in order to ease the workload, so why would the first game have the majority of the assets?

Yeah, I agree. This is why I think it's 3 parts with Junon as the end of Part 1 - it fits better with the idea of easing the workload, but isn't TOO small the way only having Midgar would be.

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
I must be missing something...why does that mean cuts?

I discussed it earlier. The amount of development time this game has had and the quality of the assets they are creating would be nothing short of a miracle if they managed to cram most of the OG stuff in without streamlining it or trimming some fat. I'm not saying a 2019 or early 2020 is not possible, but for it to be up to the promise land with the quality of the things we've seen in the trailers with a 2019 November release? Yeah no, I would be shocked to say the least.

That's coming from someone who is super stoked for this remake.

The Emperor

Oct 25, 2017
That rumour is too good to be true but two parts is the way to go for this. With temple of ancients plot climax being a great midpoint

Changing the structure a bit so some towns are saved for part 2 may help.

Encephalon

Oct 26, 2017
Japan
Two parts is perfect. To respond to (but maybe not "answer") the question of how much work it could possible save if the majority of towns are already made, it's how Falcom was able to get Trails in the Sky out.

... But I'm guessing it probably won't happen. We still haven't even seen anything outside of Midgar.

LuisGarcia

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I discussed it earlier. The amount of development time this game has had and the quality of the assets they are creating would be nothing short of a miracle if they managed to cram most of the OG stuff in without streamlining it or trimming some fat. I'm not saying a 2019 or early 2020 is not possible, but for it to be up to the promise land with the quality of the things we've seen in the trailers with a 2019 November release? Yeah no, I would be shocked to say the least.

That's coming from someone who is super stoked for this remake.

It's been in development for 5 years though. That's plenty of time to make a full game.

Epsciallys since they had all the main story beats already done

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
It's been in development for 5 years though. That's plenty of time to make a full game.
Epsciallys since they had all the main story beats already done

Prove me wrong Square. I just think the Midgar only or up to Junon predictions are more realistic. If the rumor is true the first full game would mean this whole list if they don't approach it differently or cut things. On top of this they want to flesh out everything.
{1} The Reactor #1 raid
{2} Sector 7: At the hideout
{3} The second raid: Reactor #5
{4} Church, Aerith's house
{5} Cross dressing at Wall Market, Honey Bee Inn, Don Corneo
{6} Sewers, Train Graveyard, and Pillar Assault
{7} Slums again
{8} Raiding Shinra HQ!
{9} Flashback at Kalm Town
{10} Chocobo Ranch, the Marshes, and the Mythril Mines
{11} Junon
{12} Costa Del Sol
{13} Mount Corel
{14} The Gold Saucer and Corel Prison
{15} Buggy
{16} Gongaga Village
{17} Cosmo Canyon & Cave of the Gi
{18} Nibelheim & Shinra Mansion
{19} Mount Nibel
{20} Rocket Town
{21} Tiny Bronco
{??} Wutai??
{??} The Wutai Pagoda??
{22} The Keystone and the Date
{23} The Temple of the Ancients
{24} Bone Village, The Sleeping Forest & City of the Ancients
Let that sink in.

THANKS

Prophet of Regret
Oct 22, 2018
They will end at the end of Midgar for sure. The rest of the game is semi-open world which brings with it a ton more design and tech challenges. Sure they can bring over some stuff from XV but I think they'll want to more time to figure out how they execute that part of the game.

Carmelozi

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Prove me wrong Square. I just think the Midgar only or up to Junon predictions are more realistic. If the rumor is true the first full game would mean this whole list if they don't approach it differently or cut things. On top of this they want to flesh out everything.
{1} The Reactor #1 raid
{2} Sector 7: At the hideout
{3} The second raid: Reactor #5
{4} Church, Aerith's house
{5} Cross dressing at Wall Market, Honey Bee Inn, Don Corneo
{6} Sewers, Train Graveyard, and Pillar Assault
{7} Slums again
{8} Raiding Shinra HQ!
{9} Flashback at Kalm Town
{10} Chocobo Ranch, the Marshes, and the Mythril Mines
{11} Junon
{12} Costa Del Sol
{13} Mount Corel
{14} The Gold Saucer and Corel Prison
{15} Buggy
{16} Gongaga Village
{17} Cosmo Canyon & Cave of the Gi
{18} Nibelheim & Shinra Mansion
{19} Mount Nibel
{20} Rocket Town
{21} Tiny Bronco
{??} Wutai??
{??} The Wutai Pagoda??
{22} The Keystone and the Date
{23} The Temple of the Ancients
{24} Bone Village, The Sleeping Forest & City of the Ancients
Let that sink in.
Yes, it's what I meant by "creating two continents", there are a lot of places and to have them full-fledged by modern standards would be incredibly difficult to do.

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
The trailer really made me go down memory lane in the last days, thinking about how I first played FF7 when it came out, what a wonderful experience it was, even the months leading up the release. I had posters on my wall, watching a trailer on the OPM demo disc that didn't even feature music from the game multiple times a day and more. I remember buying an inofficial strategy guide months after the release, which was all in black and white. But it was more written like a novel and I mostly used it for bedtime reading. The game occupied me for months. Naturally, I don't have that much time anymore these days. But still, re-experiencing one of my games from my childhood in an entirely new way will be an absolutely fantastic experience.

Together with just a few other games, Final Fantasy VII was just one of those magical things in my childhood.

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

That's why I like world maps for what you described, finding a small island or a hard to spot cave on the map that you can go to explore that has nothing to do with the main story, discovering a location like that is much more fun to me

I want maps back no matter how out of place the characters look

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
As APzonnerunner said, Nomura has talked about the difficulties of getting a traditional world map to look right in the HD era, and that was at the beginning of the PS3 generation, visual fidelity is at an even higher level now and the chibi style characters would stand out even more, which leads me to believe they won't do it.

Nomura also said he's not a fan of huge open worlds, so i would guess we're getting FFXII style zones, which i think is a great sweet spot. Open world fatigue is starting to set in, but you still want full realized 3D area's that you can explore. I think that's how Versus was going to be.

6845213181_851cd72d97_b.jpg

These look like zones to me.

I think this game will be the story/characters/world of FF7, the gameplay structure of Versus XIII, with the production values of FFXV.

Prof Bathtub also brought up a great point, At the end of disc 1 you've basically explored every location, and building all the different locations is probably the #1 reason why this game is split up in the fist place, i doubt we even get out of midgar in game 1, they're going to use the first game to build the foundation of the game, i think they'll get to the end of disc 1 at the end of the second game, and with all the locations done they'll finish the rest of the project in the third.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
This is hands down the best 3D model of Cloud I have seen, the fact they managed to somewhat keep his stylized portrait in realistic 3D form is very impressive.

Screenshot-2019-05-12-Create-online-photo-collages.png

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, KH3 spends alot of time in the air, alot of emphasis on team attacks and weapon transformations, this looks alot different than that.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
... But I'm guessing it probably won't happen. We still haven't even seen anything outside of Midgar.
This means nothing. They've barely shown the game at all. That the announcement trailer, early gameplay/prototype trailer and now this first trailer that will seemingly begin the marketing cycle leading up to its released would focus on the initial hours of the game is nothing out of the ordinary and says nothing about the state of the game nor what content the first part will have. What we've seen still shows fairly linear environments. Unless they suddenly open up Midgar for some side-questing/monster hunting, Midgar ain't going to fill Part 1. Or it could if this is a five part game and they are, like, ~yearly releases. But if this is a trilogy or two parts, then Part 1 needs to be more than Midgar.

TropicalFish

Oct 25, 2017
I kinda hope the remake incorporates XV's leveling up system (tied to resting at inns and campgrounds and stuff). It's one of the best features Square's made since XII's gambit system, which I also hope is somehow integrated into the game to ensure my allies do their jobs effectively.

I'm not too fussed about world map traversal tbh. Cool if in, cool if not.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
As APzonnerunner said, Nomura has talked about the difficulties of getting a traditional world map to look right in the HD era, and that was at the beginning of the PS3 generation, visual fidelity is at an even higher level now and the chibi style characters would stand out even more, which leads me to believe they won't do it.

Nomura also said he's not a fan of huge open worlds, so i would guess we're getting FFXII style zones, which i think is a great sweet spot. Open world fatigue is starting to set in, but you still want full realized 3D area's that you can explore. I think that's how Versus was going to be.

6845213181_851cd72d97_b.jpg

These look like zones to me.

I think this game will be the story/characters/world of FF7, the gameplay structure of Versus XIII, with the production values of FFXV.

Prof Bathtub also brought up a great point, At the end of disc 1 you've basically explored every location, and building all the different locations is probably the #1 reason why this game is split up in the fist place, i doubt we even get out of midgar in game 1, they're going to use the first game to build the foundation of the game, i think they'll get to the end of disc 1 at the end of the second game, and with all the locations done they'll finish the rest of the project in the third.
FFXII style zones is fine by me as long as they make the distances between locations feel like they are far apart.
Hopefully we also still get a controllable airship in whichever part that would come in.

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
FFXII style zones is fine by me as long as they make the distances between locations feel like they are far apart.
Hopefully we also still get a controllable airship in whichever part that would come in.

XII zones are small and flat due to the limitations of the PS2, PS4 isn't gonna have that problem, although i don't know if the zones will be big enough to justify an airship. I'm kind of thinking that the Highwind will be an explorable area that you spend alot of time in, interact with NPCs, have a shop, sleep, etc but i think it will be used as a fast travel mechanic rather than an actual airship that literally traverses the world, but we'll see.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
I'd be shocked if they don't allow us to upgrade the Buster Sword for it to be better or on par with endgame swords tbh.

I wonder how they're going to deal with weapons as a whole, what with the Materia physically being in their slots. Can't wait to see Hardedge. And the fucking baseball bat:
0330F142079F7199125AE9DDE61B82A3D5E33B06