• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
If this is true, what was the decision to not use it? DLC maybe?

That's your opinion though, and Sephiroth's death has nothing to do with theories, it was Nojima writing that made him survive post OG with On the way to a Smile and beyond.
It makes sense considering that Jenova wasn't killed and absorbed by the Lifestream, same thing happened with Sephiroth, Lifestream wants nothing to do with them.
How odd and yet that model would still contradict Crisis Core, his hair should be up in a ponytail.

Princess Bubblegum

On Break
Oct 25, 2017
I don't remember a flashback from that long ago in Crisis core, i need to refresh my memory.
Tseng has his hair up throughout Crisis Core until after Zack and Cloud escape the lab. Before Crisis not being released outside of Japan was a big mistake, especially since the Remake project is utilizing the compilation material.

JEH

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Before crisis is the biggest piece of trash in the compilation. We're lucky it never made it over.

Rods

May 1, 2020
Before crisis is the biggest piece of trash in the compilation. We're lucky it never made it over.

Edit:
Nevermind. You mean, made it over to the west.
It's just a quick crash grab, the only thing from before crisis that's on Remake is the broken plate 6, and problably Rufus influence on Avalanche.

Princess Bubblegum

On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, yeah but those are flashbacks from 5-6 years ago and not 15+.
Tseng having his hair up draws on some kind of old Chinese tradition, so his hair being let down is symbolic and doesn't happen until he becomes the leader of the Turks in Before Crisis.
At the same time, it's still important. The compilation was a big clusterfuck.

Princess Bubblegum

On Break
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't know about the Chinese tradition, that's interesting.
Tseng is coded as traditional Chinese but he also has that red dot on his forehead, which resembles a bindi but doesn't relate to any ancient traditions that would apply to Chinese adults. The world of Final Fantasy VII just grabs and blends traditions from various cultures. 🤷‍♀️

JEH

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Edit:
Nevermind. You mean, made it over to the west.
It's just a quick crash grab, the only thing from before crisis that's on Remake is the broken plate 6, and problably Rufus influence on Avalanche.
At the same time, it's still important. The compilation was a big clusterfuck.

yeah it does seem like they're taking the minimum from before crisis (and other compilation material) but man I was so disappointed with BC.

I only knew about the Rufus-Avalanche connection before I started watching YouTube videos only to find the plot of the game is about Avalanche actually not being some eco terrorist group but some BS about making super SOLDIERS and trying to summon the end of the world.

Rods

May 1, 2020
yeah it does seem like they're taking the minimum from before crisis (and other compilation material) but man I was so disappointed with BC.

I only knew about the Rufus-Avalanche connection before I started watching YouTube videos only to find the plot of the game is about Avalanche actually not being some eco terrorist group but some BS about making super SOLDIERS and trying to summon the end of the world.
Well...it's a final fantasy game, you have to end in a super boss. Don't take it too seriously, it's just a mobile game to make some money off the FF 7 name.

Rods

May 1, 2020
This guy has some level 50 theories, absolutely crazy ones and i love it.

www.youtube.com

Wedge and Zack, lovers through time...

Why was Zack Fair included in the Remake? Is there reason in the nervous system of the narrative? From one plucky selfless hero’s first tip of one domino to...

Mimosa

Community & Social Media Manager
Verified
Oct 23, 2019
So when do we think we could see Part 2?

From an idealistic perspective, it be a huge shame for it to release any later than 2022, especially if they wanna keep the momentum of an episodic format that keeps new players on board.

Also, I wonder what they're thinking in terms of the comment of finding ways to bring in new players outside of price cuts - will we see like an anime tie-in the way they did with XV?

Rods

May 1, 2020

From an idealistic perspective, it be a huge shame for it to release any later than 2022, especially if they wanna keep the momentum of an episodic format that keeps new players on board.

Also, I wonder what they're thinking in terms of the comment of finding ways to bring in new players outside of price cuts - will we see like an anime tie-in the way they did with XV?
Honestly, i would expect end of 2023 or around 2024. They will probably make the switch to UE5, and this will be the first game this team will work that's going to be next gen, and we still have the covid situation, i think we will get KH4 or FFXVI(If this one is truly in development since XV launched) in 2022, and FFVIIR part 2 in 2023 or 2024.

Abaddonn

Dec 4, 2018

Honestly, i would expect end of 2023 or around 2024. They will probably make the switch to UE5, and this will be the first game this team will work that's going to be next gen, and we still have the covid situation, i think we will get KH4 or FFXVI(If this one is truly in development since XV launched) in 2022, and FFVIIR part 2 in 2023 or 2024.
I'm expecting us to see it fall 2021, I can't see it taking 3-4 years to be released, they will finish FF7 remake series before they release FFXVI IMO.

DmckPower

Feb 1, 2018
By no means am I suggesting that SE needs to deliver anything anywhere near as dark as TLoU2 , but I was hoping that FF7R would be told in a more adult oriented way.

The base of the story is full of adult/dark themes. So for them to turn their backs on all that in favor if juveline time travel/fate themes is so just disappointing the more time passes.

It disappointing because they've beaten those themes to death with XIII trilogy and XV too.

We're never getting a grounded, M rated FF any time soon I guess.

Deleted member 66837

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 24, 2020

I'm thinking right after Athia which I think will release summer 2021 so either winter 2021 or early 2022 for Pt 2

Deleted member 2317

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fifty hours to clear the game for the first time, and I'm feeling it's a solid 8/10 of a game. I love the idea of changing fate, it's such a cool concept for a remake! But the Power Rangers heart of the dreaming finale with a giant purple goo monster was fucking garbage. The side quests were utter garbage, entirely bullshit. Roche, Leslie, and Kyrie can jump in a fucking lake and never return. All of the traversal is somehow actually worse and less responsive than fixed camera angles.

Yeah, solid 8 out of 10. I definitely won't buy any future installment first day if this is the quality they're going to deliver. They butchered Sephiroth here, ugh!

sn00zer

Feb 28, 2018
I hope the next installment has more "Roche" and "Hellhouse" moments. They both felt like blindsiding tonal shifts that were a ton of fun. I really feel like the sudden tonal shifts throughout the game give it a spice of sorts that feels more fun than the meticulously crafted ups and downs of most AAA games.

Deleted member 66837

Banned
Apr 24, 2020
I hope the next installment has more "Roche" and "Hellhouse" moments. They both felt like blindsiding tonal shifts that were a ton of fun. I really feel like the sudden tonal shifts throughout the game give it a spice of sorts that feels more fun than the meticulously crafted ups and downs of most AAA games.
Hard agree, it's crazy how everything story related was so well done, but aspects like side quests, transversing, and camera were so poorly done that it only makes me excited for part 2 as most of those problems can be fixed on next gen

Oct 26, 2017
Loved those moments as well. Going from the serious, to the absurd, helped pace out the game incredibly well. It helps that the bosses are some of Square's best.

Tetsujin

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I'm expecting us to see it fall 2021, I can't see it taking 3-4 years to be released, they will finish FF7 remake series before they release FFXVI IMO.

Keep in mind Kitase himself said he doesn't think the next part's development will be dramatically faster. It's several, big titles that all need a ton of new assets, boss fights, playable characters etc. There is not a lot that can be recycled in that regard. FFXVI will absolutely be out before Part 2 imo. FFVIIR is gonna take many, many more years.

ekka4shiki

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 31, 2017
www.youtube.com

The Complete Story Of Final Fantasy 7 Remake: The Structure Of 5: PART 4

Thank you all for waiting so patiently: PART 4 IS HERE!-------------------------------This analysis examines FFVII Remake in order to see what FFVII Remake i...

Interesting Lore on summons, Mako and BC.

That part on Aerith's painting is blowing my mind. Interesting stuff on Cetra backstory. I do wonder though, where Jenova fits into this, if this all is repeating cycle as designed by the planet.

Rods

May 1, 2020
That part on Aerith's painting is blowing my mind. Interesting stuff on Cetra backstory. I do wonder though, where Jenova fits into this, if this all is repeating cycle as designed by the planet.
Same, every time he posts a new video i keep hoping it will be about Jenova.

I wish he went a bit deeper into Aerith's painting but i guess he's still working on it, that was really mind blow. Who is supposed to be the one in the middle dressed in red? Vincent? Chaos?

What's the end goal of everyone? Seems like everybody just wants to wipe human life on the planet but they just have different ways of doing things.

Edit: Not gonna lie though, i think this is his weakest video and he lost me a little on this one, there's a ton i don't agree with here.

Last edited:

ber

Oct 31, 2017
I need an excuse to play more of the great combat, i need a customisable battle arena basically.

ekka4shiki

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 31, 2017
Same, every time he posts a new video i keep hoping it will be about Jenova.

I wish he went a bit deeper into Aerith's painting but i guess he's still working on it, that was really mind blow. Who is supposed to be the one in the middle dressed in red? Vincent? Chaos?

What's the end goal of everyone? Seems like everybody just wants to wipe human life on the planet but they just have different ways of doing things.

Well, considering they're not siding with either side, it's safe to assume they're neutral. Someone that acts as an observer or even overseer for the planet perhaps? I'm not sure if Chaos fits into that, Chaos is no Cetra and I've always thought of it as its own thing.

Rods

May 1, 2020
Well, considering they're not siding with either side, it's safe to assume they're neutral. Someone that acts as an observer or even overseer for the planet perhaps? I'm not sure if Chaos fits into that, Chaos is no Cetra and I've always thought of it as its own thing.
True.
I guess where he lost me, is that his theory is going against my theory that everything in Gaia is created by the lifestream, the cetra, black materia, holy, proto materia and the weapons were created in response to Jenova's arrival.
478dc0636bbe9ec8e6e6b63c4a761b6c70b1dd4d.png

7378a334fa3e60982b7d315cd8f0755c5229ac22.png

The point of Remake is that Aerith and Sephiroth were the first 2 to awaken to the idea of free will, and killing the harbinger destroys the planet's power of controlling the future.

I believe the further he goes away from this, the more confused i get.

Edit: Of course the videos are still interesting to watch.

Last edited:

ultima786

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Can someone help me with Two-Person Team vs. dynamic duo? I cannot beat hell hound and Zenne. Any tips?

Deleted member 6263

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can someone help me with Two-Person Team vs. dynamic duo? I cannot beat hell hound and Zenne. Any tips?
I remember focusing on Zenene first, I think it had less HP. It's weak to Fire so maybe try Aerith casting Firaga and then worry about Hell Hound.

I actually had more problems with the ghost duo at the beginning, so I don't remember much else about this battle lol Sorry!

Rewind

Oct 27, 2017
I'm confused on the multiple Sephiroth thing I keep seeing in YouTube videos, I thought that every early appearance of Sephiroth was the one from Advent children messing with Cloud. I'm unsure why the normal non time traveling Sephiroth would reveal himself so early while the one from the future doing so makes way more sense to me.

Rods

May 1, 2020
I'm confused on the multiple Sephiroth thing I keep seeing in YouTube videos, I thought that every early appearance of Sephiroth was the one from Advent children messing with Cloud. I'm unsure why the normal non time traveling Sephiroth would reveal himself so early while the one from the future doing so makes way more sense to me.

Rewind

Oct 27, 2017

Yeah, I know about this, but I'm specifically talking about which Sephiroth is doing what. Like is the black robed one the original Sephiroth to that timeline or the one that's "unknown"? There seems to be a lot of interpretations about this particular tweet, and now I'm confused which Sephiroth is doing what when. Another example is the one in the Shinra building, which one killed the president and Barret? Lastly, the unknown feels a little cheeky and I don't believe them that it is a random Sephiroth from any timeline that we have not seen, but hey, this whole thing got really crazy at the end so who knows what they are planning 😂.

Rods

May 1, 2020
www.unrealengine.com

How Square Enix leveraged Unreal Engine to modernize FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE

<em>FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE </em>Co-director Naoki Hamaguchi shares how Square Enix revamped <em>FINAL FANTASY VII</em>'s graphics, combat system, and world for the modern era while keeping the spirit of the original game.

Some dev talk and this:

Has the team seen the Unreal Engine 5 demo? What excited your team most about next-gen?

Hamaguchi:

Yes, of course, we have seen it. The graphical quality was something we hadn't been able to achieve on current-generation consumer consoles, and when I saw it, I could feel the new sparks of creativity being stirred within me as a creator. It was a feeling that filled me with excitement and anticipation.

Additionally, we had the opportunity to work closely and develop relationships with Mr. Takayuki Kawasaki from Epic Japan and many of the other Epic staff members, which was also a very valuable experience for our development team. I believe that moving forward, powerful gaming engines like Unreal Engine 5 will continue to shine at the center of game development.

Thanks for your time. Where can people learn more about FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE?

Hamaguchi:

As you may know, development is underway on the next game in the project, although we're not able to say anything more about that at this stage. For the latest information, you can follow us on Twitter or visit our official website.

Thank you very much for your time and for giving us this opportunity.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I know about this, but I'm specifically talking about which Sephiroth is doing what. Like is the black robed one the original Sephiroth to that timeline or the one that's "unknown"? There seems to be a lot of interpretations about this particular tweet, and now I'm confused which Sephiroth is doing what when. Another example is the one in the Shinra building, which one killed the president and Barret? Lastly, the unknown feels a little cheeky and I don't believe them that it is a random Sephiroth from any timeline that we have not seen, but hey, this whole thing got really crazy at the end so who knows what they are planning 😂.
The black robed dudes are Jenova's puppets, not Sephiroth. Unknown seems to be a version of Sephiroth with knowledge of future events.

Thats the way I see it.

Rewind

Oct 27, 2017
The black robed dudes are Jenova's puppets, not Sephiroth. Unknown seems to be a version of Sephiroth with knowledge of future events.

Thats the way I see it.
Who is controlling this Jenova though, and if it is the original timeline one, why did he/Jenova try and kill Barret? I guess I feel like the unknown Sephiroth is the one doing all of this.

ekka4shiki

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 31, 2017
Who is controlling this Jenova though, and if it is the original timeline one, why did he/Jenova try and kill Barret? I guess I feel like the unknown Sephiroth is the one doing all of this.

IMO, it all depends on whether OG Sephiroth and Unknown Sephiroth sharing the same consciousness or not. If they are, it doesn't matter. If they arent and have their own agenda, then yeah, things get tricky.

AllMight1

Oct 27, 2017
Nojima: To be honest, some staff actually told me that this line made it seem like Aerith was looking down on Cloud, so it got rejected a few times. If you know Aerith's fate, then this line would really pull at your heart strings, but if you did not know what happens to Aerith, then you might interpret the scene in a completely different way. I thought the gap between the two interpretations was very interesting. On another note, in Tifa's scene in the flower field, I wanted Cloud to not look cool in this scene. Even though Cloud and Tifa are close in age, he has a 5 year blank slate, and he doesn't have enough life experience to consider himself an adult. Even though most of the characters are around 20 years old, there's one guy, Cloud, who has the mentality of a 16 year old, and that person tries to be like an adult. I really wanted to write that into the story. After the Sector 7 plate fell, Barret comforted Tifa with the temperament of an adult, and Cloud saw that and wanted to do the same for her [in the flower scene], but it didn't go as planned. I wanted to try writing him as being awkward.

This is genius