• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What should happen to Aerith in the FFVIIR saga?

• She should die, it's her destiny

Votes: 395 57.7%
  • She should live, fuck destiny

Votes: 289 42.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 14, 2018
However I could see some people not liking it.

giphy.gif

Can you elaborate.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
We know that there's a hard mode, right?

I hope it's balanced around NG+, like you need endgame materia to fight the scorpion boss or something. That would be really cool

Kingsora

May 19, 2018
Well you have seen the gameplay videos and maybe played the demo. The battle system is the best of both worlds (active and 'turn based'). Some people won't like that it's not all active the whole time, though I think it works excellent. And other gamers probably would have liked a more 'passive' system for this game.

But it's good, don't worry about it too much.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Since game copies already leaked, do we now know how much of Midgar is more open and freely explorable or is it indeed quite linear?
I'm so torn buying this game. On one hand I never played FFVII and I always wanted to and this looks so gorgeous, but on the other hand I do not enjoy very linear RPGs like Final Fantasy XIII for example. I need more freedom and time to relax and explore.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You know the funny thing about the whole "Sephiroth taunting Cloud about killing his mom" thing is I'd actually seen it somewhere else.

Sep 14, 2018
Since game copies already leaked, do we now know how much of Midgar is more open and freely explorable or is it indeed quite linear?
I'm so torn buying this game. On one hand I never played FFVII and I always wanted to and this looks so gorgeous, but on the other hand I do not enjoy very linear RPGs like Final Fantasy XIII for example. I need more freedom and time to relax and explore.

There's hubs, there's sidequests, there's setpieces. It's not as linear as XIII don't worry about that.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
There's hubs, there's sidequests, there's setpieces. It's not as linear as XIII don't worry about that.

So there are several larger areas to explore and to quest? Do you know if the player is able to come back to those areas frequently during their playthrough or if that is only once on the way through and then you can't return later? Also, do we know what post game gameplay is like?

Sep 14, 2018
So there are several larger areas to explore and to quest? Do you know if the player is able to come back to those areas frequently during their playthrough or if that is only once on the way through and then you can't return later? Also, do we know what post game gameplay is like?

Negative on post game cause no one's finished yet, maybe Kingsora can tell you about the rest.

chris-013

Mar 4, 2018
When you finish the game, you can replay every chapter in any difficulty + hard mode. I guess post-game is VR/Simulator from the datamined leak.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Negative on post game cause no one's finished yet, maybe Kingsora can tell you about the rest.

Ah, thanks. I'll ask him about it later. :)

When you finish the game, you can replay every chapter in any difficulty + hard mode. I guess post-game is VR/Simulator from the datamined leak.

Oh, so no post game questing in hub areas? :/ VR/Simulator? You mean after playing the game there's some kind of VR mode available?

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017

Oh, so no post game questing in hub areas? :/ VR/Simulator? You mean after playing the game there's some kind of VR mode available?

It's not VR it's called like that. IIRC from the datamine it's some Shinra shit where you fight special enemies.

chris-013

Mar 4, 2018

Nobody know the post game yet. It's just all the information available at the moment. The simulator is in the Shinra Tower and I think the VR is from the NPC Chadley.

Kingsora

May 19, 2018
What is 'large' for you? Some areas are big, but wouldn't really call them 'large'.

Can't say for sure yet, but I have the feeling you can't return to everywhere yet. I did some sidequests (not all of them), wanted to go further with the main story and the game warned me if I am sure I want to continue because I could not return. Not sure if they mean I can't return for a couple of hours or that I never can return.

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
At this point they really should just allow retailers to ship the game. It seems like most of Europe will have it this week anyway.

Sep 14, 2018

Deleted member 52442

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
im enjoying watching this more than i would have expected.never played this game, know these characters from kingdom hearts + sephiroths general infamy

Status
Not open for further replies.