• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What should happen to Aerith in the FFVIIR saga?

• She should die, it's her destiny

Votes: 395 57.7%
  • She should live, fuck destiny

Votes: 289 42.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 10726

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
ResetERA
Red XIII looks like Punished Bubsy

IMG_20200102_023403.jpg

"I used to ask myself what could possibly go wrong, until I learned the answer to that is everything."

Spehornoob

Nov 15, 2017
Hahaha I figured, that's even more "awwww". xD

Wait, what? I remember no such thing. At most, he stopped mid sword-strike right before the Swish Kebob party.
Oh it totally does. He beats the hell out of her when he goes nuts after the Temple of the Ancients. This is before she leaves to go to the Ancient City. It's one scene I highly suspect will be changed when they reach that part in the remake series.

MrChocolate

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
That cutscene was always weird ...

like every other cg had the characters in non SD form except for this one

I wonder if, because of the nature of everything happening and how cloud is seeing all this in that state, they will make this cg with the characters in SD too xD

Train scene in Midgar after bombing mission does it too.

Cloud falling to the church

Sector 6 plate falling down

But yeah, it was fucking odd even 20 years ago. I don't think it was a budget thing but a design choice (wonder why) .

APZonerunner

Features Editor at VG247.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
England
Those 16 bit remixes are cool as heck. At the FF13 fighting theme atm.

These jukebox tracks are so fucking good holy shit

No fucking joke, they are amazing.

Most of these tracks are old (we're talking 2013 and such), and are from CDs SE has released in Japan. There's a whole series of them, covering FF and other SE games - SE Chips, they're called. There's also four 'FF Chips' albums, with chiptune tracks from FF7, 8, 9 and 10. If you like this stuff look 'em up, as these tracks are just straight taken from these albums.

NovumVeritas

Oct 26, 2017
Berlin
Most of these tracks are old (we're talking 2013 and such), and are from CDs SE has released in Japan. There's a whole series of them, covering FF and other SE games - SE Chips, they're called. There's also four 'FF Chips' albums, with chiptune tracks from FF7, 8, 9 and 10. If you like this stuff look 'em up, as these tracks are just straight taken from these albums.
Somehow I figured as much, that these only compilation tracks from different remix albums. They are really still a nice addition to the remake. Something tells me you can listen to it at the 7th Heaven bar. It would make sense somehow.

Radamammuth

Dec 8, 2017

I had no idea, never heard this remixes before. Thanks for the info

APZonerunner

Features Editor at VG247.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
England
Somehow I figured as much, that these only compilation tracks from different remix albums. They are really still a nice addition to the remake. Something tells me you can listen to it at the 7th Heaven bar. It would make sense somehow.

As far as I can tell the only 'new' stuff on the jukebox is the FF7 stuff, like the jazzy version of Underneath the Rotting Pizza etc. All the other stuff is from various sources - so the acoustic guitar version of Zanarkand that's also been datamined/floating around is also from a random arrangement CD that's like 10 years old. It's a smart way for SE to use their back catalogue/archive though.

FrostweaveBandage

Unshakable Resolve
Sep 27, 2019
Lol how can you not remember this?
He goes ham on her
There are parts of that scene that are confusing because the camera is panned out to the top of the scene, and they are at the bottom of the temple, but the slap noises and Barret basically knocking him out to stop him sell what's happening. It's not really known how much he hurts her and she seems fine in his vision he has of her immediately after. It's also pretty well conveyed at this point that
Cloud is not fully in control of himself
, so it never really carried that feeling of a man battering a woman. I'm hoping they do this well in the Remake, however they choose to do it.

NovumVeritas

Oct 26, 2017
Berlin
As far as I can tell the only 'new' stuff on the jukebox is the FF7 stuff, like the jazzy version of Underneath the Rotting Pizza etc. All the other stuff is from various sources - so the acoustic guitar version of Zanarkand that's also been datamined/floating around is also from a random arrangement CD that's like 10 years old. It's a smart way for SE to use their back catalogue/archive though.
Nice thanks for the insight. Really cool, that they did the FF7 new, and reused their other remixes from the CDs. Makes people more aware of the remixes and probably increases interest.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
I'm going in blind beyond what I sadly stumbled upon last night and this morning lol. Which is a lot I guess?

But I can't believe the day when I'm saying this has come: I genuinely prefer a character design from AC than one from the Remake: Rufus'. It's just a still image and not a high quality one at that, but man. I at least hope his hair colour is more orange than it looks there, at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.