• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017

First Square Enix title on Playstation platform to have sold over 2 million digital copies.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
In 4-5 month that's amazing. Will probably finish the year at 6.5 millions. Will easily be a 10 millions seller with PC release

Greaf

Feb 26, 2018
There was a thread about the disappointing sales of FF7R yesterday I think? lol

Steiner_Zi

Oct 28, 2017
On just 1 platform and at full price, impressive. This thing will reach 10M once it goes multiplatform and is ported over to next-gen.

Bulby

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Berlin
I reckon for Square thats slower than they expected. But thats what they always think.

JasoNsider

Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Just think: this is a single platform, too. Then Xbox, PC, PS5. Then bundle collections of part 1-3 (or whatever) all in one package. Over the years this will keep selling in different ways.

liquidtmd

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Still hasn't received it's day 1 patch either.

I know there is a variety of minor bug fixes and there's complaints about the textures, but in this day and age the fact it's of the quality it is without one is pretty impressive

Interested to know if Square will push one this year

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
Well deserved !
No wonder why digital software revenue on Store grew so much during last quarter (+123.7% YoY)

Last edited:

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
Comparison to 15? I only see two numbers reported, 2.6M first week, Xbox and PS4 and 8.9M as of December 2019, including consoles and PC (1M+).

Rommaz

Nov 27, 2017
Kitwe, Zambia.
So if we were to guesstimate it could hit 6m by the end of the year maybe?

Then add 2-3m from the PC release in april. It can pass 10m by the end of 2021 I think

liquidtmd

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017

ImpressionableRecklessIvorybilledwoodpecker-size_restricted.gif

Tunichtgut

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I hope there will be a PS5 Version, or rather some improvements, cause i'm still waiting to play it on PS5 :)

ps: after such good sales just on ps4, i can really imagine Sony gettin FFXVI for PS5 time-exclusive.

catboy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
deeply talented and severely iconic. textures that would make fire emblem three houses ashamed. ANtifa won 👏

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I was kind of expecting more after the good reviews and word of mouth.

It's still a jRPG, it's not going to do more no matter how good the word of mouth and reviews are. It's honestly doing even better than I expected, seems like is doing slightly better than XV and only in 1 platform.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
How does Square Enix stay in business with such disappointing sales numbers???

Deleted member 9584

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
www.resetera.com

The Massacre in March: Animal Crossing vs Final Fantasy 7 Remake

The face of chaos. The harbingers of all doom. So come March there's going to be a bunch of games coming out. Doom Eternal's coming, that game's gonna be real cool. Bloodlines 2 is coming, I think? That's wild. Wild that that's being made. Half-Life Alyx is tentatively slated for that month...

Your early morning read.
Nearly 50% of the people in that thread were delusional from the get go.

FF15 managed 8.9 million sales three years after release. I doubt FF7R will do that on PS4 alone and it's a gamble to expect those sales to be made up late on other systems. The question is, did the one year exclusivity limit the sales potential overall?

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Amazing performance, will be interesting where it ends when its all said and done. 10m seems more than realistic lifetime, after re-releases on PS5/XSX,PC,Switch 2 etc.
I was kind of expecting more after the good reviews and word of mouth.
Good reviews and hype often lead to having unrealistic expectations from people.
Some people were convinced this would outsell AC at one point earlier this year as well - completely forgetting what kind of games they are talking about.

JasoNsider

Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I also think it would be really bizarre if Sony didn't push for a huge PS5 edition of this game before the exclusivity is up. It would be super smart to keep that deal rolling as long as possible. Ideally I would have said FFVIIR PS5 edition at launch day, but we've not heard anything about it and maybe that's unlikely at this point.

Ozzie

One Winged Slayer
Jan 12, 2018