• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
The Last One

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't the opposite?
People buying without knowing is part1 would only boos sales. The effect of the splitting will be known when part 2 launches.
I think this makes more sense yeah. I'm not sure I've been on board with how SE has treated the game.

No. The narrative was that "so many people would be disappointed when they finished the game and find out that it ends in the Midgar escape". That clearly didn't happen.

Mugman

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
After spending the better part of five years expecting nothing but disappointment from the game, I'm very glad to admit I was wrong (even if it took a hard mode playthrough for me to love it and not just like it). I'm ready when you are for part 2 Square.

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
No. The narrative was that "so many people would be disappointed when they finished the game and find out that it ends in the Midgar escape". That clearly didn't happen.

I'm more approaching it saying that it is irresponsible for SE not to denote something in the title of the game that informs people that this isn't the full remake. You are saying people didn't end up being miffed about it. I'm not sure we can actually say that is true without waiting until the next game and seeing the sales for it imo. Obviously there are going to be other factors with the next game launching on next gen, and most likely on more than one platform.

OP
OP
The Last One

The Last One

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
But they already bought the game lol
I'm more approaching it saying that it is irresponsible for SE not to denote something in the title of the game that informs people that this isn't the full remake. You are saying people didn't end up being miffed about it. I'm not sure we can actually say that is true without waiting until the next game and seeing the sales for it imo. Obviously there are going to be other factors with the next game launching on next gen, and most likely on more than one platform.

Oh I see. From huge 'backslash' to "wait for the part 2 now"

Fair.

Mung

Nov 2, 2017
Maybe. To be honest, I haven't seen much blowback from upset casuals.

There is no blowback.

It's being manufactured.

The sales of part 2 are not relevant to that point anyway. They are likely to be less in any case as realistically only people who have played part 1 will play it. So part 1 sales would be an upper ceiling.

ultima786

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Amazing

I hope this means:
1) they'll put in resources for an amazing patch to fix technical issues and add story scenes that are needed
2) they'll consider thoughtful, polished dlc with maybe a 5-hour scenario (something to enjoy before the next installment which is bound to take forever)
3) they'll throw gazzillion dollars at part 2 and not hold anything back and make it a perfect game

hrœrekr

Banned
May 3, 2019
Maybe. To be honest, I haven't seen much blowback from upset casuals.

Me neither. I've seen more people upset from the "Nomura butchering the story".
I guess after playing and knowing what this remake really was, the "Part 1" discussion became irrelevant.
When part 2 comes we will know if people liked the direction, not if people dislike the split.

KvotheStrife

May 29, 2018
FFXV had a huge discount day one on Xbox one.

FFVIIR success is great for the franchise, the return of the king!!

Niks

Oct 25, 2017
Talent won.
Much deserved, hope this incetivates them to make and even better part 2.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
gpbykrxbyml41.png

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Makes sense, a good game on a single platform is a better product than a bad game on more platforms.
That is a weird analogy because this game isn't any better for being in a single platform. Particularly given the performing optimisation which might have gone better on more capable platforms. Sold good tho

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Yeah that might sound good and am but when people hear about the stuff they did they will not buy the second part! I am an expert!

Elios83

Oct 28, 2017
Well deserved, can't wait for part two. Hopefully this also marks a return to form for mainline FF titles after all the issues they had with the FFXIII trilogy and FFXV being released as a collage of pieces.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
Amazing

I hope this means:
1) they'll put in resources for an amazing patch to fix technical issues and add story scenes that are needed
2) they'll consider thoughtful, polished dlc with maybe a 5-hour scenario (something to enjoy before the next installment which is bound to take forever)
3) they'll throw gazzillion dollars at part 2 and not hold anything back and make it a perfect game

I hope they only fix the textures if possible and move on. If they do DLC I think it makes the most scenes to do it for the last part and instead right now focus on moving on to Part 2 right away (like they seemingly do).

At most maybe some new battles in the simulator/corneos.

ChaosXVI

Oct 25, 2017
Well deserved. Lived up to the hype for me, as someone who knew a fair bit about the original, but never got around to playing it.

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
There is no blowback.

It's being manufactured.

The sales of part 2 are not relevant to that point anyway. They are likely to be less in any case as realistically only people who have played part 1 will play it. So part 1 sales would be an upper ceiling.

They are absolutely relevant.

Nov 23, 2017
Tetsuya Nomura is an industry icon and legend. We stan for this pledge of allegiance.

Final Fantasy VII Remake is doing the damn thang, sales and review-wise. Good shit.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
I wonder how the fanbase will twist this game's sales and frame them as a failure like they did with XV's. Because hot damn, they're good.

Also,Nomura delivered the best selling Kingdom Hearts and the best selling FF one after the other...He's not going anywhere.

Oct 25, 2017
Tetsuya Nomura is an industry icon and legend. We stan for this pledge of allegiance.

Final Fantasy VII Remake is doing the damn thang, sales and review-wise. Good shit.

Kingdom Hearts highly disagrees. He can relish in FFV:R being a success since it wasn't originally written by him (Thank God)

But that man should never touch a pen again for anything solo.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
As expected! Can't believe people were saying that it sold badly in other parts of the internet. Anything to hate I guess.

sn00zer

Feb 28, 2018
Nice....game is phenomenal and probably my favorite game. I say this not even liking the original that much.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
Kingdom Hearts highly disagrees. He can relish in FFV:R being a success since it wasn't originally written by him (Thank God)

But that man should never touch a pen again for anything solo.

Yep. Just don't let Nomura write the story and keep the pen in Nojima' s hand.

Nice....game is phenomenal and probably my favorite game. I say this not even liking the original that much.

Blasphemy.

Oct 25, 2017
KH3 sold like 5m copies lol. So even if you dont want to credit him for FF7R, hes still directed one of square's biggest recent successes

I don't care about the sales. People love Kingdom Hearts more for nostalgic reason than the story. Everybody knows it's confusing af but the game is fun. Nomura is a bad writer and that's okay. What he does well is sell a good gameplay experience and be should just stay there. I just want square to never hand that man a pen. He's better when he's collaborating with competent writers 😂

Aia

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Talent won.

Final Fantasy is still the king of JRPGs after all these years.

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This is awesome

It is going to end up as the best selling game in the franchise by a long shot

Rommaz

Nov 27, 2017
Kitwe, Zambia.
I don't care about the sales. People love Kingdom Hearts more for nostalgic reason than the story. Everybody knows it's confusing af but the game is fun. Nomura is a bad writer and that's okay. What he does well is sell a good gameplay experience and be should just stay there. I just want square to never hand that man a pen. He's better when he's collaborating with competent writers 😂
Well yeah I think hes not a great writer either, just saying we shouldn't discredit the man in general lol

almendrabl

Jan 24, 2020
twitter.com

Dom on Twitter

“Final Fantasy 7 Remake sold 2.2M units digitally around the globe in April, according to SuperData estimates. This is a record for the series & a PlayStation exclusive, outpacing Marvel's Spider-Man. Note that previously Square Enix said the game sold 3.5M in its first 3 days.”

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
Sony would be stupid of they didn't already get the rights for every part they plan on releasing. Making so much bank

Toth

Oct 26, 2017
Amazing

I hope this means:

Yeah, my hope as well.

I am so proud of the game and the work SE put into it. 95 hours well spent and I am hungry for more!!!

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
twitter.com

Dom on Twitter

“Final Fantasy 7 Remake sold 2.2M units digitally around the globe in April, according to SuperData estimates. This is a record for the series & a PlayStation exclusive, outpacing Marvel's Spider-Man. Note that previously Square Enix said the game sold 3.5M in its first 3 days.”

If that is right it should be close to 5 million in 1 month depending on the ratio between digital and physical

That is God of War big :0