• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
gX4IMY6.jpg

qUeTcmK.jpg

Did they change Aerith's face?

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Damn this game looks great. The E3 showing completely surprised the hell out of me. This is creeping up to be my most anticipated game, maybe starting to edge out Cyberpunk. I still feel like there's a lot that could go wrong, but all that they've shown has been pretty fucking good.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
By the time the full remake is finished this will probably be the most successful FF sub-series ever, topping even the original Compilation sub-series

Oreiller

Oct 25, 2017
Gosh, I can't wait for March. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna cry multiple times during my first playthrough, the original means so much to me.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Maaaan, this looks fucking great.
I am even content with just getting Part 1 as Midgar is my favourite part in FF7.

Blent

Oct 26, 2017
East Midlands, England, UK
I wonder how much of the entire, complete FFVIIR project is completed right now, as of June 2019?

Now we have a release date for Episode 1, it'll be interesting years from now to look back and know how much of the total game was actually completed by this point.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
God man, I hope we get a massive explorable Midgar with tons of good content. Because Midgard by itself is like 12-15 hours in the original at most. Most of the content didn't come until after you left.

This game is turning into easily my most anticipated game beside cyberpunk next year

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
Pls gimme the advent children skin, he stands out like a sore thumb on the train with the OG gear. it doesn't quite blend with photo real visuals imo.
I'm so sorry, I don't quite understand this. You'd rather have him in his Advent Children clothing rather than in a Shinra Solider outfit, an outfit which says to the people on that train that they are being "protected"?

Sure his clothing doesn't match the clothing of the people on the train but Cloud wears it so he gets some suspicion thrown off him. If anything, it's the sword that makes him stand out.

Yu Narukami

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
The only thing that bothers me a little is Sephiroth's face. He looks a little too young, like a teenager. Is he only 15?

Last edited:

Magyscar

Oct 25, 2017
God man, I hope we get a massive explorable Midgar with tons of good content. Because Midgard by itself is like 12-15 hours in the original at most. Most of the content didn't come until after you left.

This game is turning into easily my most anticipated game beside cyberpunk next year

Even 12-15 is really stretching it. I think for most it would be under 7 hours.

I really am curious how they make a full game out of it and keep it interesting.

Oct 26, 2017
Even 12-15 is really stretching it. I think for most it would be under 7 hours.

I really am curious how they make a full game out of it and keep it interesting.

Seeing they expanded in midgar, it's a 80% chance right now that midgar will be a very big "open world" like city. It's the Only way to make Midgar game relevant

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
I hope that you can enter the theatre and watch a full performance of Loveless in real time.

Nov 23, 2017
Honestly, I think all 8 sectors are going to be explorable to a certain degree. The massive detail that was shown regarding the Midgar wide shot after Aerith looks up isn't a coincidence, I think. We'll get to do a lot. The question to me though is how much of this content will be valuable? I don't want to chase frogs around or snatch dog tags.

Deleted member 21

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
One of the best looking games of the entire generation, and I hope this level of quality will hold up until release.

Cloud's hair for example looks absolutely perfect, gaddamn

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
I'm so sorry, I don't quite understand this. You'd rather have him in his Advent Children clothing rather than in a Shinra Solider outfit, an outfit which says to the people on that train that they are being "protected"?

Sure his clothing doesn't match the clothing of the people on the train but Cloud wears it so he gets some suspicion thrown off him. If anything, it's the sword that makes him stand out.
That's a good point, still he looks like a cosplayer on a new york subway.

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017
Wait...that midgar shot at the beginning was rendered in engine, even if offline? Incredible...the difference between that and the cities in FFXV is astronomical. If we get fully explorable cities that look like that next gen, I will be a very happy man.

Sankara

Alt Account
Banned
May 19, 2019
Paris
Best part about these graphics is that it'll run on UE4 and thus, will most likely be able to be achieved via a PC

Naphu

Apr 6, 2018
By making the npcs all dressed in real life normal clothes - not stylized at all - you make your heroes look like weirdos and you make your world less interesting.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
Damn, it looks so good, up there with the best looking ps4 first party games.
It really is insane. Like, I thought it looked good back in 2015, but this is so much better (and art direction and lighting have a lot to do I think).

Definitely the best looking JRPG (the other one would be KH3 -also S-E and UE4-, which is an entirely different artstyle) and one of the overall best looking games in PS4 I'd say:
VBWoNAT.jpg

P3nYFcN.jpg

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
I guess the images are low-res enough to hide it, but the hair looks more filtered here than it did in the live demo at the Square show.

Oct 28, 2017
Insane looking game, never imagined when this game was announced that it would look this good - some of the gaming stuff coming out of Japan lately is incredible.

Whompa

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
That ingame shot of cloud holding the buster sword towards camera is fucking gorgeous. Holy shit.

Seriously that could have been some banner keyart without the UI there.

Wow.

Oct 27, 2017
By making the npcs all dressed in real life normal clothes - not stylized at all - you make your heroes look like weirdos and you make your world less interesting.

Was going to post something similar, everything looks incredible apart from the NPCs. I wish they'd give them a little more character and style, at the moment it looks weird to see Cloud strolling past a regular dude in chinos and a hoody. They almost look like generic art assets. Quite jarring.

More Butter

Banned
Jun 12, 2018
I'm actually astounded by how good this looks. I just started playing through the original and I don't ever think I have seen a game with such a massive upgrade will maintaining aesthetic integrity. That is midgar. You can tell the level of care they are taking. Every clip or shot of limit breaks that show up you think "Oh that's the level 1 and 2 limits at the beginning of the game.

ultima786

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
sKhkb5O.gif

GeYtyBM.gif

I think the prompt is opposite. It's Punisher mode when the UI says Operator mode.
looks so incredible, but there's almost too many particle effects splashing everywhere. I want to better be able to see Cloud. But I love those blue strike streaks - feels like his strike is so fast and powerful.

Oreiller

Oct 25, 2017
I'm seriously about to quadruple drip on the Switch version of the original because I'm so hyped for this remake. Damn you Square Enix!

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Interesting that Cloud, Tifa, and Aerith all have East Asian features. Yuffie being from that world's version of Japan kinda made me think she was the only Asian character in the party. Now I wonder what Cid Highwind will look like?

My assumption is usually that characters like these are Japanese.