• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Predict the score.

Votes: 37 2.0%
  • 95-99

Votes: 141 7.5%
  • 90-94

Votes: 727 38.4%
  • 85-89

Votes: 767 40.6%
  • 80-84

Votes: 175 9.3%
  • 75-79

Votes: 27 1.4%
  • <74

Votes: 17 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oct 25, 2017
Newcastle, UK
Though I would not call it an issue, it's a technical choice much needed probably to have the game run as good as it runs. The game is pretty looking and the best looking jrpg out there so I really don't get where is the problem here and why we are in need of a dreamt patch to begin with. This is not a major Sony IP nor a linear 12 hrs shooter, I think they did the best they could achieve with the hardware, engine and type of game.
I can't belive it's a technical choice, because it's not like just hidden corners have low textures. The prioritisation makes no sense if it's intended. You can walk up to dozens of unusable random doors in the slums, for example, and they look fine, and yet a door you actively use frequently resulting in close up camera shots, looks like a PS1 texture. At all times. I don't think it's a huge issue because the game looks stunning most of the time, but it's jarring because of how noticable and central it is when it does rear its head.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Damn I was gonna go to bed and then I saw reviews go up soon. Guess I'm ruining my sleep schedule even further.

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sick of this full game/not a full game bullshit to be honest because you can spin it either way and both sides have good arguments. So stfu.

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
It won't get over 90, that's for sure.

I voted 80-84, but I can see 85-90 range as possible too.

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017
Yes it is. Just because the original has been split up doesn't mean this isn't a full game.

Is The Last of Us not a full game? Because that has a sequel coming out
Weird argument when TLOU told a full story and the concept of this remake is literally telling only a part of a story that was told in full in the original. So this example makes literally 0 sense. A game having a sequel not being complete is not the argument anyone made. That's mindbogglingly missing the point.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
I think it will review really well but whatever the scores end up being, I think they absolutely nailed it.

20 ish hours in now, Chapter 11 and I've enjoyed every minute of it so far. It's a very solid 9/10 for me, with just a few minor faults like some dodgy textures here and there.

Sep 14, 2018
I think 84-85 but maybe higher just off being final fantasy AAA spectacle, that's what happened with XV at least, that game should have a 70 aggregate score, if that.

FlintSpace

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Gotta be 90+

Won't affect my buying decision at all though. Will if its below 75 or something which won't happen.

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
87 is my bet. For fans of the series it's a must have anyway tho. It's really the episodic nature that will likely knock it down a few points.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
I voted 85-89 but I want this game to be 90. the boss battle on the demo kept me at the edge of my seat.

Darryn

Oct 28, 2017
South Africa
This was one was both awesome and frustrating to play. Drop-dead gorgeous, the combat is fantastic and the world is amazing. It's also more of a visual novel than an RPG, closer to Final Fantasy XIII in design and it stretches the running time of its story with every single trick that gaming has to offer.

My review on Critical Hit

Final Fantasy VII Remake isn't the retelling of a cult classic that you're expecting it to be. It's a lengthy and deliberately slow-paced walk down the Midgar memory lane that leisurely basks within the warm glow of nostalgia, but at the same time it's an exhilarating and cinematic explosion of action that not only celebrates the impact of the game which rewrote the rulebook for an entire industry in 1997, but also everything else that followed in its genre-defining wake.

8/10

https://www.criticalhit.net/review/final-fantasy-vii-remake-review-&ndash;-a-materia-girl-in-a-material-world/

Neoshockwave

Oct 28, 2017
PSU -- 9/10

''Putting the few slight issues aside, Final Fantasy VII Remake stuns with how it expands on the original. At the same time, it takes its own risks and creates its own footsteps. Final Fantasy VII Remake is beautiful, engrossing, and hard to pass up. This game is meant for both fans and newcomers, no matter how learned, and the sheer level of time and effort put into this reimagining truly shows through and through.''