• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
PE-Could-Come-PS3.jpg

This is coming from the recent interview with Kenny Omega (Found Here- https://www.resetera.com/threads/ja...-vii-remake-producer-yoshinori-kitase.173387/ )
"Yes, it's true that for The 3rd Birthday I worked on the PSP version. The characters are very rich and deep, especially Aya Brea.

I don't know of any plans right now, but it would be a waste not to use these characters."

Typically I would keep this in the original thread but a few things stick out here.
- As the interview is from Square themselves, they would likely approve the questions asked
- There was a trademark listing for Europe that is still related to nothing

With the popularity of remakes and the positive reception of Resident Evil 2. It wouldn't surprise me to see Square interested in going back to the series.
Especially if there's a push from higher and the opportunity to push for more variety in the Square-Enix catalog. Part of me feels like next-gen might be the gen where horror comes back in a big way from numerous companies.

-----------------------------------
Interview Source Video - https://youtu.be/rCo84DDNQEg
Article Source Twinfinite - https://twinfinite.net/2020/03/fina...te-eve/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Last edited:

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
After the Third Birthday and how garbage it was, I kinda feel like it would be worse if they DID use those characters again.

Oct 25, 2017
Man a remake or a sequel would be amazing. I know 3rd Birthday is awful, but the series and cast deserves another entry that's return to form.

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
It definitely would be. Give me a tps, not unlike something like the resident evil remakes, but with something Similar to the ATB system in FFVII remake.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What characters? It has like one notable character outside of dead villains.

Needs either a full reboot or a full remake.

Isayas

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
Oh god, please. Parasite Eve is my top 5 dead or alive it is off one LP too.

Dec 23, 2017
Really surprising to hear Kenny speak and understand Japanese. I've only ever seen him speaking English.

As for Parasite Eve, I'm actually not familiar with the series. My first game was the 3rd Birthday on the PSP.

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
What's the point in doing 3rd Birthday 2 when Tabata-tensai is no longer with the company? Only someone of his genius could envision such a bold direction for the IP.

More seriously, I'd love to see SE do something with this property that doesn't involve the people responsible for ruining it.

OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I'd imagine the thought process here would be Reboot/Remake. I'd be very surprised to seem them try to work a 4th game with all the constraints that would cause.

Mgs2master2

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
it was already wasted with how 3rd birthday ended

you basically play as eva or whatever her name is (her cousin or something?) the entire game, and you end up killing Aya in the ending. So i mean.... what?

Hu3

Oct 25, 2017
Remake 1&2 forget about third birthday such a shit game stained parasite eve forever.

Senator Rains

Oct 27, 2017
it was already wasted with how 3rd birthday ended

you basically play as eva or whatever her name is (her cousin or something?) the entire game, and you end up killing Aya in the ending. So i mean.... what?

The 3rd birthday's story was hot moist garbage, and this is coming from someone who thought FF13's story was awesome.

Deleted member 721

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
well to use a character could go from a sequel and remake to a spinoff gacha game or just a cameo. Since he said clearly there's no plans i actualy have less hope, if he had given a more evasive answer i would have hope

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
Why are you folks asking for some devs that have nothing to do with Parasite Eve to direct the game?

Kitase, Nomura and Motomu Toriyama, who are currently working on FF7 Remake together were the same people who gave us the abomination that is The 3rd Birthday.

The original director and writer of PE1 is still alive, he's even still at the company. Takashi Tokita *is* the father of Parasite Eve, and that's why the series flew off into a cliff when he wasn't involved with it after the first one.

Anything Parasite Eve has to be made with the caveat that Tokita needs to come back. Kitase, Nomura, Toriyama, Taro, Matsuno, all of these won't do.

Phantom

Writer at Jeux.ca
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Canada
The only way we get another Parasite Eve is through a remake. The 3rd Birthday did irremediable damage to the IP.

Kazer

Oct 27, 2017
I'd take a remake of 1 and completely disregard the 3rd birthday ever happened.

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It only just hit me how similar FF7Rs battle system is compared to Parasite Eve 1's battle system. PE1 is just missing the ability to stock turns and to attack/defend/Parry while the ATB is charging...

Encephalon

Oct 26, 2017
Japan
1. Third Birthday never happened (but when you're visiting nowhere, it's actually kind of fun to play).
2. Remake? Remake.

Yuuber

Oct 28, 2017
Square has shown what they can pull off using UE3, I think a remake would be wonderful. However, I heard there are some copyright issues regarding the original sourcebook they used for the first game.

ffvorax

Oct 27, 2017
Third Birthday was really bad... so just start again with the first game, and keep the strategic/rpg combat style, or an "action" derivation of it (FFVII R demo shows that an hybrid can be still nice).

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Parasite Eve would be an easy remake in a sense that a lot of its systems were already pretty action game focused even if it was an RPG at heart. Just go gonzo on the graphics and try to keep the story and characters true to their original versions. Gameplaywise they should keep the crazy customization or even go further with it, give Aya a wide variety of actually consistently useful powers and maybe a few extra worthwhile attack based ones. Redo the entire Chrysler Building section as a post game super dungeon with weird story implications.

Oh and for fuck's sake don't mess with the music. It has one of the most stand out scores of any Square game or games in general.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
Third Birthday was really bad... so just start again with the first game, and keep the strategic/rpg combat style, or an "action" derivation of it (FFVII R demo shows that an hybrid can be still nice).

I recently saw someone play Parasite Eve for the first time and my first thought was exactly this. Their FF7R approach (obviously not with the same budget, that would be kinda lunatic) could work very well here.

Wereroku

Oct 27, 2017
I mean playing FFVII remake the combat system is basically a mix of PE1 and PE2. They could easily change it over.

Tetsujin

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I have yet to play any of the PE games. I did read the novel the games are loosely based on though. Do they still have the rights to that? I thought that 3rd Birthday was the way it was because they wanted to continue using the characters without having to keep using the PE license.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I just wanted a Parasite Eve with the gameplay and atmosphere of the first game, is that too much to ask?