• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
Someone must have photoshopped the 100% on it then?
From what I know it's possible to 100% fashion report as long as you have all four gold pieces required. Dying the correct colour gives you bonus points.

The thing that needs reminding is there is more than one gold item for each requirement and dyes also have requirements. None of the dye requirements matched Tifa except the most common color, black pants. The boots can be different and so can the gloves and top.

Elios83

Oct 28, 2017
Yes! Finally a date and can't wait for Tifa at the conference.
I hope they can finally talk about how many parts they are considering, where part1 is ending, how is the worldmap design and so on.

Phil32

Oct 28, 2017
Awesome! I must be honest--I've never finished Final Fantasy VII. I got to the Northern Glacier (I think it was called) and stopped. :(
I need to try again, but still, I'm excited for this reimagined take of the game!

Kain

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Sooner than expected. Nomura delivers!

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Weird swirling smoke monster aside, Cloud tucking the flower Aerith gave him into his uniform is peak cuteness. :)

D8rGLz8UEAA7Cz8.png

MrWonderworld

Sep 18, 2018
I'm not buying any episodes. I'll buy the whole thing whenever it finally releases. Might take a long while but I've got games to play.

immortal-joe

Oct 25, 2017
So, it seems like this game will take place entirely in and around Midgar, and the plot will be reshuffled so they can make key characters - like Sephiroth - appear and engage with the party at an earlier stage.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Are they gonna pull a godfather and just call it Remake and then add Part II with next episodic release? I mean from a marketing perspective, it makes sense but it is a bit misleading.

Ayirek

Oct 27, 2017
Jesus fucking Christ, some of the negativity in this thread is next level batshit. Some of you hate this game for the sake of it, and would do so if playing it cured cancer. "No cure for black death no buy". It looks incredible and we have a release date. Let people enjoy the thing. The complaints about episodic release and PS4 only are baffling. These things have been known for four years.

LuisGarcia

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Jesus fucking Christ, some of the negativity in this thread is next level batshit. Some of you hate this game for the sake of it, and would do so if playing it cured cancer. "No cure for black plague no buy". It looks incredible and we have a release date. Let people enjoy the thing.

Honestly it's same with pretty much any game on Resetera.

Everything is always so negative..just ignore it and join the little communities that actually talk about the game rather then constantly shit posting.

Notaskwid

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Osaka
Jesus fucking Christ, some of the negativity in this thread is next level batshit. Some of you hate this game for the sake of it, and would do so if playing it cured cancer. "No cure for black death no buy". It looks incredible and we have a release date. Let people enjoy the thing. The complaints about episodic release and PS4 only are baffling. These things have been known for four years.
Exact same thing with XV back in the day. Just expect it and move along.

LuckyLinus

Jun 1, 2018
People rather keep their expectations low this time around I guess. Final Fantasy has been disappointing for the better part of the last two decades.

CocoaFusion

Oct 28, 2017
Just roll with it unfortunately. They're never going to stop.

Oct 30, 2017
For a while now I KNEW it would be Q1 2020!!

I spent more half of my life waiting for this since early 2000s, cannot believe we have a date now!!

March seems like eternity away :"-)

Can't wait for full trailer at SE conference.

Some People here will ALWAYS find something to kill the joy in with their negativity....

ACL

Nov 18, 2017
Wow, the PR really went the misleading route, not even a hint that the story of the original is divided in episodic parts. The title implies the complete story.

Oct 26, 2017

FF7 is the largest RPG to date and the fan following is very large.
This game means a lot for some. I'm guessing most fans of FF7 are scared that they are going to ruin what made the original so good.

All I wanted for FF7 was for it to become a modern ff game with all its flair. Keep the story, characters, towns etc and make it open world, a world map to roam with my Chocobo as I like, add some new features like bounties to grind and stuff like that. Make this world living and improve it from the original. Think FF:Noctis open world but on the FF7 map.
Enhance the battle system" it looks quite good as is now".

Unfortunately it doesn't seem we will get a full recreation of FF7 with today's FF open world elements.

My hype is very low and I just hope I'm proven wrong with tonight's reveal.

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
Looking forward to this and seeing more tomorrow morning. Wonder if they'll actually say much about how the games will be split?

Have they said much yet about what they're doing with the battle system? The snippets in the trailer make it look like something between X-2 and XV which is kinda cool.

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
Well at least it's releasing, imagine a full FF VII remake release date? 2023 with a $100 price tag? ;) Still bummed this is a timed exclusive, I don't like it and never will.

Byvar

Oct 26, 2017
Very cool trailer. I do agree though that they need to add "Part 1" to the trailer, or a subtitle, because the title "Final Fantasy VII Remake" is very misleading on its own.

I also wonder who composed the trailer music. There are some very Uematsu-like chord progressions in there, so either he worked on it or they're doing a pretty good job at emulating the feel of his music.

I hope we get to see Tifa and Wall Market in the next trailer.

OskarXCI

Nov 11, 2018
March? That soon? Guess that is what happens when you use existing engines and don't fuck around trying to make your own, that you later only use for 3-4 games top.