• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
Chaserjoey

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
48034379772_9bc05fb095_b.jpg

Bigger image

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Maybe that swirling grey haze in the Aerith scene is some type of transition into battle. Like she says 'help me' to start a tutorial or something. Idk, I just hate the idea of her acting helpless.

doodlebob

Mar 11, 2018
Selling a game called FFVII Remake without qualifying it as merely a single part would be unethical and completely disorienting to the fans..
Yeah, they're trying to hide that part in the messaging it feels like to not dissuade anyone. It would be disingenuous to hide it, even if the first part is properly fleshed out.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Selling a game called FFVII Remake without qualifying it as merely a single part would be unethical and completely disorienting to the fans..

To be fair is it really that much different than any IP that tries to sell a first entry with a cliffhanger? At least with this one it doesn't take a lot to find out that it isn't going to be a one-and-done entry.

nStruct

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Seattle, WA
Looks pretty good but I don't think I'll be getting it at launch. I'd want the X1X version for this generation of consoles, but maybe even better they'll put out versions for the next gen consoles.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
He better have the stupid laugh that keeps getting him in trouble. If he doesn't chase sailors into the bay in Costa Del Sol, well I don't know what I will do.
Im sure there will be that classic wacky humour, but overall more serious than FF7.
You see Cloud jump in the train at the end & shock the team, hes probably gonna brag & get yelled at by Barret, they seem to be doing a good job keeping it close, mostly.

The-Demon

Alt account
Banned
Jun 7, 2019
They really should say part 1 or something cause your average joe may not know its episodic

doodlebob

Mar 11, 2018
Maybe that swirling grey haze in the Aerith scene is some type of transition into battle. Like she says 'help me' to start a tutorial or something. Idk, I just hate the idea of her acting helpless.
This is directed by Tetsuya Nomura, unfortunately. Coming off of KH3, I don't trust how Aerith is going to be handed. In FFVII proper she definitely came off as someone who's independent and could handle her own.

Balfour

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Aerith is tightly connected to the Lifestream. If something scares the the planet or is an issue, its gonna effect her pretty bad too

I can't imagine they'd even put that part in the game in 2019 lol
Corneo?

One of the first things they said would return is Cloud in a dress

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
To be fair is it really that much different than any IP that tries to sell a first entry with a cliffhanger? At least with this one it doesn't take a lot to find out it isn't going to be a one-and-done entry.
I mean it absolutely is lol. You don't know it's going to end on a cliff hanger going into a new game. In this case people are going to look at the name "Final Fantasy 7 Remake", buy it thinking it's the full thing since there's no qualifier and then wonder why in the world it cuts off part way through unlike the original version.

HououinKyouma

The Wise Ones
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Praying we get to hear the remake version of the main theme tomorrow (or the prelude, at the very least).

Neoraxis

Nov 27, 2017
I think they are calling the second one VII-2 just like X-2, XIII-2..etc which is why the "episode 1" is not in the title, they are treating this one like a full new ff entry game.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Are they going to START on ps4 and then finish on ps5?! That seems insane. unless the episodes come out really really short inbetween. it's still episodic right?!
I guess technically that's true but it won't seem that weird when it releases on PS4 in March, then likely during the holidays, it could get a ps5 release, so same year it seems at least possible. Then the rest of the games would likely get both ps4 and ps5 releases.