• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Favorite FF7R character

• Cloud

Votes: 278 18.2%
  • Tifa

Votes: 518 34.0%
  • Barret

Votes: 257 16.9%
  • Aerith

Votes: 471 30.9%

• Total voters

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Any bahamut tips ? I don't want to finish chapter 16 before I beat him. I'm level 50 with all characters (can't play Aerith ) but at 15-20% he do a 8k damage beam that takes all my team

Oct 30, 2017
What's the deal with
Revisiting sector 7 after the plate falls? It totally undercut the emotion of the original - apparently when you drop 1/8th of a city on top of a shanty town all it does is place some mild rubble on top of things. In the original it was much more effective when you escaped through the gate and saw the enormous pile of debris from the plate that blocked your way and let you know that there was no going back.

lol, yeah i thought it was a bit strange that what actually happened isn't really represented in the game. The outcome of that event should have looked way worse than it did. And while we are on the subject, wtf do they have a procedure such as this built into the pillar to begin with. Thats some shady shit.

Belthazar90

Banned
Jun 3, 2019
This game lacks more Magnify Materia tbh... the lack of it made using buffs a waste of time, as by the time I cast protect/shell/haste individually on the three characters the first one's already wore off...

SDR-UK

Oct 27, 2017
Just got the platinum. I had a smile on my face through the entire game, this is Square back to its best in my opinion. I've not enjoyed a Final Fantasy game since X, so I was cautious going into this but damn, they nailed it. I just cannot wait for the second game with whatever story they're gonna come up with. They have my full trust after this.

Much

The Gif That Keeps on Giffing
Feb 24, 2018
JRIG2iY.gif

ultima786

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This was such a reunion, pun-intended. So many people talking about this. So many people sharing in this.

I remember as a middle-schooler, me and like 1 other guy talked about this game together every day. it felt like it was this niche experience. Now it's like worldwide event.

Listening now:

DPT120

Oct 27, 2017
Working on the Platinum. I only need the hard mode and dresses trophy. Up to Chapter 8 on hard mode and it hasn't been too bad so far.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
Me thinking I'm near the end of the game at Chapter 17 when it asks me to start throwing a shitload more switches

tenor.gif

This game would be so much better with 5-or-so hours of tedium cut out.

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
On chapter 14 and just about done with the sidequests, but I'm only at level 28ish for my party and keep getting my ass kicked by Leviathan. Should I grind more? Or will I find Chadley in a future chapter and can fight him then? Or do I just suck?

Cloud-Strife

Alt-Account
Banned
Sep 27, 2019
On chapter 14 and just about done with the sidequests, but I'm only at level 28ish for my party and keep getting my ass kicked by Leviathan. Should I grind more? Or will I find Chadley in a future chapter and can fight him then? Or do I just suck?

You can find him in the post game.. you will be more ready for Levi and the other one after.

DPT120

Oct 27, 2017
You'll find him in chapter 16 and post game, where you should be more prepared.

JooJ

Oct 27, 2017
Need help.

Does anyone know why chapter selection is showing 1 music disc left in chapter 4 even though this chapter is no supposed to have music disc?

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Game is a nostalgia fueled emotional roller coaster. I am constantly amazed at how well done things are. Game is special
I don't have any emotional attachment to the original and was pretty unfazed by it when I played it for the first time three years ago. But this remake stirs all sorts of heartmelting emotions in me.

JooJ

Oct 27, 2017
You buy one at the train station at the end of the chapter. It's right before you meet Barret

Thanks. I think it was a bug. I already own Barret's theme and now I checked the shop at the train station in chapter 3 and it's sold out. After this I checked chapter selection again and it's not showing anymore.

Deleted member 179

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Listening to Max the past 3 or 4 days big brain this shit has been awesome lol. The night I beat it I saw he was also beating it and watched until like 4:30 in the morning. Just finished Easy Allies' Spoiler Mode with him. This game is freaking awesome. This is EXACTLY the kind of game we needed injected into the mainstream.

Doctrine Dark

Nov 13, 2017
Just got to the Shinra building. Why is this theme so damn good? Like, it's so perfect.

I'm really sitting here listening to it. I love it.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
You can still use magic liberally, you just need to make sure to set your party up well for it.

The weapons that have MP bonuses, examples:

Cloud- Mythril Sword - +50% MP regen
Tifa - Myhtril Gloves - -20% offensive magic cost

And use Prayer for parry wide heals, Chakra for individual. Use Chakra on Barret and make use of his Lifesaver skill so you can take dmg and the heal it.

Haste and Magnify is really good for keeping ATB up high.

And use the first level of spells, you don't need more. Just make sure to be exploring weakness and setting up combos between characters to hit enemies with quick hits to pressure. Etc...

There's some more stuff too, you can see it up to avoid that though.

If you cba, you can also game it: find a box with an MP shard, grab it, save and reload, grab again as it respawn, repeat until full.

This kind of stuff makes me feel like on hard mode the game is pigeon-holing me into playing it in a very specific way. Now I gotta use the wack magic-oriented melee equipment that I've never liked using in any rpg I've ever played in my life. I'm in Chapter 5 and I've been finding it stressful and annoying more than anything.

Prayer sucks because it eats up two ATBs and doesn't even get you that much health, at least at four stars.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
This kind of stuff makes me feel like on hard mode the game is pigeon-holing me into playing it in a very specific way. Now I gotta use the wack magic-oriented melee equipment that I've never liked using in any rpg I've ever played in my life. I'm in Chapter 5 and I've been finding it stressful and annoying more than anything.

Prayer sucks because it eats up two ATBs and doesn't even get you that much health, at least at four stars.
You're not pigeonholed at all, imo. You just need to be smart about building around the lack of MP regen via items and resting. There is still plenty of room to experiment.

Prayer does not suck, even at lower stars. It's an amazing materia. Use haste and the various abilities like Tempest to build ATB faster.

Oct 25, 2017
Close to the end, but linked material was WAY WAY too underutilized.

Like, I only got 1 all materia....

What the shit?

I barely upgraded connected material slots because there was nearly nothing to use it with.

Big disappointment this whole game personally. Still amazing game so far though.

NattyBo

Dec 29, 2017
Washington, DC
Close to the end, but linked material was WAY WAY too underutilized.

Like, I only got 1 all materia....

What the shit?

I barely upgraded connected material slots because there was nearly nothing to use it with.

Big disappointment this whole game personally. Still amazing game so far though.

If you're intending to do hard mode, you'll need linked materia like warding, hp and mp absorb etc to get through. You can't use items, for one, and benches don't refill MP.

Warding + Subversion is pretty mandatory for some of the hard only VR fights (specifically the fucking multi tonberry ones)

NattyBo

Dec 29, 2017
Washington, DC
Any tips for Hell House on Hard?

I made sure cloud had prayer equipped so Aerith could manage some offense. I put 2 elemental materia on each so that you can interrupt whatever the opposing elemental phase is to up the stagger bar. Aerith healing + magnify, and haste on both.

When it spits out the tonberrys, punish them immediately, they're easy to stagger when they're first out of the house.

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I made sure cloud had prayer equipped so Aerith could manage some offense. I put 2 elemental materia on each so that you can interrupt whatever the opposing elemental phase is to up the stagger bar. Aerith healing + magnify, and haste on both.

When it spits out the tonberrys, punish them immediately, they're easy to stagger when they're first out of the house.

What about when it releases the cutters?

NattyBo

Dec 29, 2017
Washington, DC
What about when it releases the cutters?

MP absorb linked to Lightning on one of the characters, probably Cloud. Thundaga uses too much MP but Thundara generally gives you back what you use or maybe 1 less MP which will recharge in a few seconds anyway.

Also Aerith's second limit break really helps in this fight. As does her MP drain ability. Between using her healing with magnify on both and cloud with prayer maxed out, it wasn't toooooooo bad. It's really important to use the elements to stagger it on hard, IMO. Chakra on Cloud if you have room helps keep up with the damage at that part specifically too, as maxed out you get 40% of damage back from whatever the first attack that hits after you cast it is.

komaruR

Oct 28, 2017
http://www.twitch.tv/komarur
Can any "Hardened Veterans" give me some tips and tricks about dealing with Hard mode before I mercilessly throw myself into that difficulty? Not having items at all is a devastating blow to my confidence.

Should I start Hard Mode while not being level 50? (still level 35 )

Which materias will be the most valuable apart from revival, cure, prayer and chakra?
I personally grinded my materia to unlock chadley fights. then proceed to unlock the last combat sim battle. the reward from that fight is very useful for hard mode.
but ofcourse you can start hard mode right off the bat and get a few manuscripts to help out that last combat sim battle too. as that last battle will be tough if you don't have a strategy or prepare for.

ZeroDS

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Are there any huge bumps in difficulty with hard mode? Haven't been finding it too bad so far to be honest (chapter 4)