• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Favorite FF7R character

• Cloud

Votes: 278 18.2%
  • Tifa

Votes: 518 34.0%
  • Barret

Votes: 257 16.9%
  • Aerith

Votes: 471 30.9%

• Total voters

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
You know, IMO the problem of the side quests it's not that they are more or less MMO-ish, it's the absolute lack of banter in between them. Every game has some banter, even if basic as fuck, while you go to your quest objective and such but here... silence.

Probably not.
There were a few times I was like "Surely they have SOMETHING to say about this," but they didn't. So I echo this sentiment.

Yeah, if this doesn't work I may have to send a message off to support and check if it's an issue they are aware of; it's a little disappointing not to get use of these summons especially after paying for the First Class Edition. Image below is what my system menu looks like.
imgur.com

imgur.com

Imgur: The magic of the Internet
A silly question, but on the XMB section of your PS4, the DLC shows as "installed?"

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
No problem, thanks for trying to help with this! Will send an email over to Square support - it seems like the issue isn't widespread!
I hope they can help you! Considering regions like mine (AUS) and other regions (The US with their Butterfingers DLC) are able to access their DLC's, I have no idea why you can't access yours. How frustrating!

Ragnarsson

Oct 27, 2017
Lisbon, Portugal
Up to chapter 3 so far and I too haven't stopped smiling (and occasionally happy crying) playing this game. When I was around 7 or 8, I saw my older brother playing the original and I was completely mesmerized. I could only think of playing it by myself, but I couldn't understand anything (English wasn't my first language and the game wasn't available in Portuguese). A few years later, when I was around 11, I played it all by myself, learning English along the way to understand the story. This game is so special to me, it's the game that made me not just enjoy but love videogames. I'm almost 28 now, and I feel the same excitement I felt 17 years ago. I feel like a kid again, running through the streets of Midgar... what a magical experience. My favorite game is back!

Athrum

Oct 18, 2019
Dubtitles are an unfortunate industry standard. I still blanch at the differences between the spoken lines and subtitles when playing Valkyria Chronicles using the japanese audio.

VC are one of the worst offenders IMO, together with Ni no Kuni (these were different to the point of character's names being different).

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Up to chapter 3 so far and I too haven't stopped smiling (and occasionally happy crying) playing this game. When I was around 7 or 8, I saw my older brother playing the original and I was completely mesmerized. I could only think of playing it by myself, but I couldn't understand anything (English wasn't my first language and the game wasn't available in Portuguese). A few years later, when I was around 11, I played it all by myself, learning English along the way to understand the story. This game is so special to me, it's the game that made me not just enjoy but love videogames. I'm almost 28 now, and I feel the same excitement I felt 17 years ago. I feel like a kid again, running through the streets of Midgar... what a magical experience. My favorite game is back!
Yup, it's giving me those feelings too. Such a rare feeling these days.

Ozymandias

Jun 9, 2018
Chapter 4 is dreadful for me. Also the side quests are just uninspired and one would think SE would have already graduated from mmo style quests. Or at least added some more interesting remarks from the main characters when doing said quests. The plot changes are just nonsense for me. Some terrible textures and backgrounds. And then everything else is a 10/10. A mixed experience to say the least.

Praxis

Sausage Tycoon
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Damn, the positive buzz has got to me and after initially not wanting to get this after not enjoying the combat in the demo I now want to buy it. Just went to order it from Amazon UK and it's sold out, not only that but it's sold out everywhere. I'm not paying the extortionate digital price.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chapter 4 is dreadful for me. Also the side quests are just uninspired and one would think SE would have already graduated from mmo style quests. Or at least added some more interesting remarks from the main characters when doing said quests. The plot changes are just nonsense for me. Some terrible textures and backgrounds. And then everything else is a 10/10. A mixed experience to say the least.

I think I never played a game in my life where my opinion about it keeps swinging this much.

Knightsoftheround

Alt Account
Banned
Mar 7, 2020

Chapter 4 was great. Still one of my favourites.

I can't even really think of that many plot changes up to chapter 4 either.

CJShields

Oct 27, 2017
Could someone who's completed the game let me know how many hours I've got left ...

Just finishing off the last side quest in Chapter 14, I know there's only 4 chapters to go after this but could someone tell me how many hours are left to the finish? Thanks.

Dlanor A. Knox

▲ Legend ▲
Apr 6, 2018
How do you change
Aerith's dress? I got the red one on my playthrough, what are the requirements for the other ones? Since I just did the sidequests I missed, might aswell do the dress. 🤔
Also, how does it work for Tifa's dress? Isn't the dress influenced by a choice fairly early into the game, like in chapter 3? How does that work with chapter select?

Could someone who's completed the game let me know how many hours I've got left ...

Just finishing off the last side quest in Chapter 14, I know there's only 4 chapters to go after this but could someone tell me how many hours are left to the finish? Thanks.

I personally have
10 hours between the start of chapter 15 and the end of the game

Housecat

Oct 25, 2017
How do I install my DLC summons? It says on the SE store that I should follow instructions below and download it, but all I get is the authentication key, no instructions or download button. I'm already at chapter 16 though, I guess I'll try them some other time. Do I have to wait for my 1st class edition? I'm currently playing a normal copy I bought last friday.

Rat King

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Just installed the game. There's no patch? It says I have the latest update but I think I've seen pictures on twitter of a patch around 12~13GB.

Kikujiro

Oct 27, 2017
Just wanted to say that the music is absolutely, absolutely incredible, I can't even describe the emotion.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
How do you change
Aerith's dress? I got the red one on my playthrough, what are the requirements for the other ones? Since I just did the sidequests I missed, might aswell do the dress. 🤔
Also, how does it work for Tifa's dress? Isn't the dress influenced by a choice fairly early into the game, like in chapter 3? How does that work with chapter select?

I personally have
10 hours between the start of chapter 15 and the end of the game
Aerith's dress is influenced by how many side quests you do in chapter 8. None gets you the worst dress. I did three and it got me the alright dress. All got me the best dress.

for Tifa, whatever option you chose during chapter 3'a discovery event influences what dress she has. With Tifa, I chose an option the finished the chapter and loaded up chapter 8 and played through, so I'd get both Tifa and Aerith's dresses crossed off

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Just wanted to say that the music is absolutely, absolutely incredible, I can't even describe the emotion.
The Still More FIghting theme is ridiculous. I had to take a moment to take it in on that Air Buster fight.

Edit: or is that Fight On!? I sometimes get those mixed up. Anyway, the soundtrack is one of the best I've ever heard.

Last edited:

Lonestar

Roll Tahd, Pawl
Oct 25, 2017
DQfudzL.gif

DiceHands

Oct 27, 2017
I havent played 7 before, only watched a friend play a bit of it as a child. Tried the demo today and actually loved it. I was on the fence about getting it, but I think I might take the plunge and buy it. Hopefully it will finish downloading by Friday, lol.

Is the demo the very beginning of the game? Or was that a mission from a later section?

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
I havent played 7 before, only watched a friend play a bit of it as a child. Tried the demo today and actually loved it. I was on the fence about getting it, but I think I might take the plunge and buy it. Hopefully it will finish downloading by Friday, lol.

Is the demo the very beginning of the game? Or was that a mission from a later section?
Yup, that's how the full game starts too. The intro cutscene is a bit longer though.

Exede

Banned
Feb 8, 2019
I don't have a patch so far. Maybe its gonna be released on the 10th. I'm in chapter 13, 21h in and don't encountered any bugs.

lucablight

Oct 27, 2017
Who wrote the conversations for this game? Square Enix have really come a long way after producing products filled with awkward dialogue like FFX, XIII and AC. There's such a huge improvement here. They've really nailed the writing with the characters being full of so much soul and charm.

Dlanor A. Knox

▲ Legend ▲
Apr 6, 2018
Aerith's dress is influenced by how many side quests you do in chapter 8. None gets you the worst dress. I did three and it got me the alright dress. All got me the best dress.

for Tifa, whatever option you chose during chapter 3'a discovery event influences what dress she has. With Tifa, I chose an option the finished the chapter and loaded up chapter 8 and played through, so I'd get both Tifa and Aerith's dresses crossed off

Thanks! So i'll have to go through 3 chapters twice to get the trophy then. ><

Well, once, actually. Since I have to play the game on hard to get the hard difficulty trophy anyway, unless we only have to do the final chapter on hard for the trophy?

hsojlightfoot

Apr 6, 2020
Pretty sure if there is a day one patch and reading online there is going to be one it won't be live until the offical release day which is the 10th.