• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Favorite FF7R character

• Cloud

Votes: 278 18.2%
  • Tifa

Votes: 518 34.0%
  • Barret

Votes: 257 16.9%
  • Aerith

Votes: 471 30.9%

• Total voters

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Is there any reason why my trophies aren't syncing? Completed chapter 1 and got all of its associated trophies but it won't show up...

Skulldead

Oct 27, 2017
Is Hard mode actually hard?

Would have love to have it without being tied to NG+.

Same, thing could change later on if there enough complay but hard mode was mode in entend to have fully equip party and high level. The normal difficulty still challenging if you don't grind, there are some difficulty spike later on but nothing frustrating.

For hard mode, from the 3 person i've raid about it, they all said it was brutal, I think 2 just gave up after a couple of bosses, you have to prepare your materia and equipment for each encounter, the no item usage doesn't help. There also new siquest and new super bosses tied to that mode. Should be fun to replay it.

Is there any reason why my trophies aren't syncing? Completed chapter 1 and got all of its associated trophies but it won't show up...

the game only come out in 4 days officially.... wait

I personally find "Hard Mode" to be very brutal. There are two bosses I just can't beat...

You are one of the person i was talking about ;). You've continue ? Look like you were about to give up.

Dlanor A. Knox

▲ Legend ▲
Apr 6, 2018
Any tips for the
Leviathan fight ? I don't know how to counter his ultimate move, he oneshots two of my party members and it becomes too hard to recover, especially without Aerith :<

Pastel Melon

Jan 2, 2020
Germany
Please keep in mind that I am probably one of those people others would "GIT GUD!" say to – so maybe it doesn't say as much, when I find it difficult, ha-ha.

You are one of the person i was talking about ;). You've continue ? Look like you were about to give up.

I was about to cry, actually… game wrecks me good but I come back everyday to try to be better.

Which ones if I may ask?

Not 100% sure about the official names:

The Ghost on Trainyard & the one you've to fight with Barret and Aerith (after Cloud takes on Rufus) - but I haven't tried everyone yet (Harbinger & Seph for example) while others took me a very long time. I had mayor issues with Reno and Rufus felt a bit like Reno on steroids lol

I remember reading you when you played the first chapter on hard and it was very easy because you kept your gear from the normal playthrough. Did it get more difficult or you're playing a different mode?

It's the same mode. The first chapter def. gave me a false sense of how hard it actually was. Maybe I already knew the first boss "too well" (played the first chapter several times, already played it in the demo and tried to "speedrun" it etc.) but I get wrecked pretty severly almost every other boss...

Chainshada

Oct 25, 2017
Any tips for the
Leviathan fight ? I don't know how to counter his ultimate move, he oneshots two of my party members and it becomes too hard to recover, especially without Aerith :<
I stacked Barrett with all the HP Materia I had, then never touched him so he kept his ATB full. As soon as Tidal Wave cast started, I swapped to him, popped a Phoenix Down on Cloud and followed immediately with Cura, then swapped to Cloud and used his 1st ATB to Cura Barret

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
Please keep in mind that I am probably one of those people others would "GIT GUD!" say to – so maybe it doesn't say as much, when I find it difficult, ha-ha.

I was about to cry, actually… game wrecks me good but I come back everyday to try to be better.

The Ghost on Trainyard & the one you've to fight with Barret and Aerith (after Cloud takes on Rufus) - but I haven't tried everyone yet (Harbinger & Seph for example) while others took me a very long time. I had mayor issues with Reno and Rufus felt a bit like Reno on steroids lol

It's the same mode. The first chapter def. gave me a false sense of how hard it actually was. Maybe I already knew the first boss "too well" (played the first chapter several times, already played it in the demo and tried to "speedrun" it etc.) but I get wrecked pretty severly almost every other boss...

Alright, good to know. I'll probably play the game multiple times so. :)

Dlanor A. Knox

▲ Legend ▲
Apr 6, 2018
I stacked Barrett with all the HP Materia I had, then never touched him so he kept his ATB full. As soon as Tidal Wave cast started, I swapped to him, popped a Phoenix Down on Cloud and followed immediately with Cura, then swapped to Cloud and used his 1st ATB to Cura Barret

Thanks! I'll finish up some sidequests to level up a bit and try that

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
Is there any sort of cutscene viewer/theater mode in the game where I can watch the cutscenes again?

Gans

Oct 27, 2017
This game has doors as good as FFXIII has dogs.

aside from that, 5 hours in, solid 9/10 on my end

Prefty

Banned
Jun 4, 2019
I can already tell, after Chapter 12 I'm convinced that if Aerith dies just like the original is gonna fuck people over even harder than the original, god, if there is something they nailed in this remake is the characters and the emotions they express.

Last edited:

azfaru

Dec 1, 2017
Aw man. Something about the impressions and that IGN reviews are making me nervous. Gonna wait out till the majority of ResetEra's got their hands on it before i press buy

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Karak's review highlights the terrible environmental textures and that reviewers didn't get a day one patch in all likelihood.

Shadow2222

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Do Before Crisis and Crisis Core still work as "effective" prequels without clear contradictions in this? If anyone has any insight, please let me know without spoilers :) Might watch BC and play CC this week if so.

APZonerunner

Features Editor at VG247.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
England
How do you restore MP in hard mode?

You can't. It gets restored at the start of a new chapter. In hard mode, you can only replenish HP at rest points and you can't use items, so no Ether or Elixir. MP management is a big part of hard mode.

Do Before Crisis and Crisis Core still work as "effective" prequels without clear contradictions in this? If anyone has any insight, please let me know without spoilers :) Might watch BC and play CC this week if so.

FF7 Remake still uses Crisis Core and Before Crisis and the entire compilation as a "basis" for its lore, but it is a separate continuity to the original game and the compilation. So for instance, at one point G-type and S-type SOLDIERs get a brief dialogue shout out, which ofc is a piece of CC lore, but the remake is free to change whatever it wants, too.

I'd just play it. No need to replay anything.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
You can't. It gets restored at the start of a new chapter. In hard mode, you can only replenish HP at rest points and you can't use items, so no Ether or Elixir. MP management is a big part of hard mode.

FF7 Remake still uses Crisis Core and Before Crisis and the entire compilation as a "basis" for its lore, but it is a separate continuity to the original game and the compilation. So for instance, at one point G-type SOLDIERs get a shout out, which ofc is a piece of CC lore, but the remake is free to change whatever it wants, too.

I'd just play it. No need to replay anything.
Do you believe it's the best way to experience the game?

APZonerunner

Features Editor at VG247.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
England
Do you believe it's the best way to experience the game?

If you mean hard mode, not particularly. It feels pretty half-baked. But you can't start hard mode until you've finished the game anyway, so it's more there for you to grind it out to hit level cap, see more story branches if you're so inclined and give you a chance to really optimize your approach to combat.

Namtox

Nov 3, 2017
Did streaming embargoes go away yet? I saw a ton of Twitch people playing it early this morning.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
Snuck in the first mission during lunch while 'WFH', my copy arrived today.

So haven't seen past the demo content yet. My run against the boss was way worse than my demo runs. There is still an issue I think with activating Cloud's other stance where it's not clear when it kicks in. I tend to have to mash the triangle button until I see him get in stance.

Datrael

Oct 25, 2017
For anybody wondering how to learn new limit breaks
They are rewards at the wall market colloseum

Nov 1, 2017
FL, United States

Is the first one the ghost you can one shot with a Phoenix Down in the original? Does hard mode remove the ability to use items?

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017
I can already tell, after Chapter 12 I'm convinced that
if Aerith dies just like the original
is gonna fuck people over even harder than the original, god, if there is something they nailed in this remake is the characters and the emotions they express.
Oh come on. Spoiler tag stuff like that.

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2020
Welp, got my first hard crash. Started a summon at the same time as an enemy cutscene so when that finished I was left staring at cloud in the summoning animation and no way to switch characters or anything.