• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Favorite FF7R character

• Cloud

Votes: 278 18.2%
  • Tifa

Votes: 518 34.0%
  • Barret

Votes: 257 16.9%
  • Aerith

Votes: 471 30.9%

• Total voters
Oct 25, 2017
I'm wondering if anyone's playing the game in Japanese? I much prefer the Japanese VO, but the sheer volume of side-chatter has me reconsidering going back to English, only to take it all in without missing anything.

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
How do you install the discs properly? I'll wait until disc 1 is fully installed and then put in disc 2, or do I need to launch the game before inserting disc 2?

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
How do you install the discs properly? I'll wait until disc 1 is fully installed and then put in disc 2, or do I need to launch the game before inserting disc 2?
Disc one is purely a data disc. Disc two is the play disc.

You'll insert disc one and it will take 45-50 minutes to copy over 45GB. Then you eject disc one and insert disc two.

You can launch the game and play while the data on disc two copies over in the background.

Pastel Melon

Jan 2, 2020
Germany
I'm wondering if anyone's playing the game in Japanese? I much prefer the Japanese VO, but the sheer volume of side-chatter has me reconsidering going back to English, only to take it all in without missing anything.

Played Japanese but 1. I understand the language and 2. There was a brief but KINDA very mood setting scene in which something "whispered" wasn't translated on screen... at all. Not talking about banter but literally a tiny bit story cutscene.

2ndTuXx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's kinda weird how there's no clear consensus in both this thread and the spoiler thread on how good the game is.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
It's kinda weird how there's no clear consensus in both this thread and the spoiler thread on how good the game is.
Was there ever going to be a clear consensus with this game? I haven't seen people straight up saying they didn't enjoy the game tho.

I expect it to review between the 8- 9 range with a 85- 86 MC.

Oct 27, 2017
Square Enix UK First Class edition order has been on 'preparing order' for like a week or two. I really hope they send it out soon - I wonder if they are sending them in separate 'batches' and that's why some have already had theirs sent to them so early on? At least RE3 is arriving today so should get a couple of runs of that game done before it arrives.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
u guy predict it will took SE how long to finish the whole games? 2 - 3 years?

Well seeing as the groundwork was laid with first episode. That took 5 years from announcement to release. Keep in mind they have existing assets to work with, character and enemy models, environments, they can reuse or repurpose a lot of this stuff in future installments. They are working with Unreal 4, but you need to consider their own modifications to the engine and any tools used on top of that.

So if FF7R took 5 years to come to fruition including a reboot from outsourcing shifting to internal development early on, there will be a quicker turnaround for episode 2. Possibly 3 years.

Gibson

Oct 29, 2017
I reckon November 2022 for the next part. There will be a surprisingly quick turn around.

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
URGH. So a friend of mine told me they're already selling the game over here.
But my damn PS4 is broken and can't read any discs so I still gotta wait until the 10th for the digital version.

Tetsujin

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I'm in the sector 5 slums and this rendition of Under the Rotting Pizza is pretty faithful. Nice and bassy. Overall the complaints that the soundtrack is overorchestrated seem very unwarranted to me...

stryke

Oct 28, 2017
Can someone tell if there's a way to customise the quick item menu - I can't seem to figure it out. I don't need Potions AND Hi-Potions.

Pastel Melon

Jan 2, 2020
Germany
I've a question: Did someone download the Summon Materia (Deluxe / 1st Class Edition etc.) right away? I only did it half-way through the game, in which I already had other Summons and I want to know if you can get them directly if you download them (Chapter 1, basically?).

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
u guy predict it will took SE how long to finish the whole games? 2 - 3 years?

Episode 2 - 2023 (3 years to adapt to next-gen tech, figure out world-map design and tech, massive assets production)
Episode 3 - 2025 (2 years, by then all the tech should already be in place and it will "only" be assets production)

All in all, 10 years from the initial announcement. If you ask me, it's actually a pretty good timeframe for a massive, most probably critically and commercially successful, trilogy.

Tetsujin

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Episode 2 - 2023 (3 years to adapt to next-gen tech, figure out world-map design and tech, massive assets production)
Episode 3 - 2025 (2 years, by then all the tech should already be in place and it will "only" be assets production)

All in all, 10 years from the initial announcement. If you ask me, it's actually a pretty good timeframe for a massive, most probably critically and commercially successful, trilogy.

^This is pretty much what I'm expecting too, with a chance of it being four parts.

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
There's some sort of preload, but it's only 13 GB. It's been a long time since I've done this; is preload only the amount for the quick play function?

Edit: someone answered the question in the other thread

Last edited:

Yankee Ruin X

Oct 31, 2017
Someone is selling a still wrapped deluxe edition for £100 less than 5 miles away from me on eBay, must resist and wait for PSN but I'm damn tempted 😓

Perfo

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I finally got it delivered from S-E Store here in Italy this morning, yay!

PS: pre-order codes can't be redeemed right?

Dec 8, 2018
So just wondering if anyone knows any way of obtaining the summons outside of cactuar which I got with the deluxe version? Do I have to wait until release to get them? And I am European so no butterfinger or what's it called solution for me.

Last edited:

Perfo

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Shopto copy arrived, probably the earliest I've ever received a retail copy of a game ahead of its official release date.

WESStqN.jpg

This is so cute *.*

bakutaco

May 20, 2018
For anyone living in Sweden, Elgiganten sold me a physical copy yesterday,

Edit: seems I was lttp.

Monsterqken

Dec 26, 2019
I'm in the sector 5 slums and this rendition of Under the Rotting Pizza is pretty faithful. Nice and bassy. Overall the complaints that the soundtrack is overorchestrated seem very unwarranted to me...
I think people based that on the demo. Even tough the soundtrack leak only was partial it proved it would have a lot of variety. Turks theme sure is nice.

Chaystic

Mar 2, 2020
Switzerland
So as someone who has never played a Final Fantasy game, can I start with this one? I'm sure i'm not the first one to ask but I really need another game to play, now that TLOU2 is delayed.

I enjoyed Kingdom Hearts 3 and the demo of this, just don't wanna play it if i'm gonna be confused with the story.

Jolkien

Oct 25, 2017
Anchorage/Alaska
So as someone who has never played a Final Fantasy game, can I start with this one? I'm sure i'm not the first one to ask but I really need another game to play, now that TLOU2 is delayed.

I enjoyed Kingdom Hearts 3 and the demo of this, just don't wanna play it if i'm gonna be confused with the story.

Every Final Fantasy is a stand alone experience besides direct sequels one (Like X and X-2). Thjey have some element which are similar (Chocobo, a character named Cid, Bigs and Wedge in most of them) but they are different everygame.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
I'm curious: is Oppressed People faithful to the original? I love that track and the reggae mood.