• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Favorite FF7R character

• Cloud

Votes: 278 18.2%
  • Tifa

Votes: 518 34.0%
  • Barret

Votes: 257 16.9%
  • Aerith

Votes: 471 30.9%

• Total voters

Pastel Melon

Jan 2, 2020
Germany
Hey guys I need help with a materia

I am in chapter 6 and about to leave and Barret says there is materia that caught my eye and do I want it. I GUESS that I do because the game made a big deal of it but I can't figure out how to get it. I have been running around this area for ages. I am dumb and not puzzle savvy at all. I can see a purple one but I can't figure it out. Can someone put my dumb self out of my misery?
If no one else has the answer: could you tell me which area that is/ maybe screen/photo? I already finished the game but I don't know of the top of my head which area you are.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
Hey guys I need help with a materia

I am in chapter 6 and about to leave and Barret says there is materia that caught my eye and do I want it. I GUESS that I do because the game made a big deal of it but I can't figure out how to get it. I have been running around this area for ages. I am dumb and not puzzle savvy at all. I can see a purple one but I can't figure it out. Can someone put my dumb self out of my misery?
from (my poor) memory of that spot, at the last sun thing you have to shut off, there's a ladder next to the switch that takes you down to an area where you can walk over and pick the Materia up.

Azzanadra

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
To those who have played the game, what kind of review scores can we expect? How good is the game in general compared to say the best RPGs of this gen, games like Witcher, Bloodborne etc.

And how long is the game?

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
I need to talk about an unintentionally hilarious part in chapter 3.

When Tifa gives you a tour of the slums, her model stops in a certain spot. I liked on the ground and there were like 4 rats swarming around her feet. Meanwhile she's smiling happily 🤣

Cilla

Oct 29, 2017
Queensland, Australia
If no one else has the answer: could you tell me which area that is/ maybe screen/photo? I already finished the game but I don't know of the top of my head which area you are.

Ignore my bad phone photo lol
dMq6WqD.jpg

Jimmypython

Oct 27, 2017
If I adore FFIX and FF12, think FFVII (the original) is "pretty good" but despise FFXV... what am I gonna think?

FF15 was utterly dreadful in my opinion. Horrible pacing. Odd as fuck systems. A braindead story. Terrible cutscene direction. It just felt like what I was playing and experiencing moment to moment never once lined up with what the story was trying to tell me or trying to make me feel. And the gameplay just felt... messy? I'm so terribly afraid this game is gonna copy a lot of that in the interest of "spectacle," but I really hope I'm wrong.

I am like you. I used to prefer the non-"kitase/Nomura/Toriyama" FF games (i.e. FF9, FF12) when both sides still made good games.

Im still waiting for the full game but after playing the demo and watching stream footages, this game pretty still feels like the "Kitase" game style but definitely is better than FF15. So I can see myself enjoying this game while still prefer FF14

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
One week one week one week one week one week one week one week one week one week one week one week one week one week one week one week one week one week one week one week one week one week one week one week one week one week one week one week one week one week one week one week one week one week one week one week one week one week one week one week one week one week one week one week one week one week one week one week one week

aspiring

Oct 25, 2017
I would advise to check every platform you could use and try different direction's! Sadly I can't remember step by step, just that you had to put the lift downwards instead upwards!

on the last platform before you turn the last lamp off, there is a ladder to go down. Take it down, and than you can move the ramp vertically and horizontally. One gets you to walk across and grab the discovery one, and the other nets you that one.

I think so.. I can't even remember where that was lol!

It's a discovery one so you can check your map and see

Cilla

Oct 29, 2017
Queensland, Australia
on the last platform before you turn the last lamp off, there is a ladder to go down. Take it down, and than you can move the ramp vertically and horizontally. One gets you to walk across and grab the discovery one, and the other nets you that one.

It's a discovery one so you can check your map and see

I am on the platform before the light but I have turned the light off. There is a ladder next to the light but I can't do anything in that section when I go down. I know I am missing something obvious!

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
What's the overall impression?

Good to great? Easily better than FFXIII and FFXV?

Kain

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I should stop reading this thread

Pastel Melon

Jan 2, 2020
Germany
Btw Glitch… my game froze at one point… I am not sure if that is common but please, please, please remember to save! While the game does autosave, I did a few things that are not considered "auto savable" (xD), so I lost ~1 hour.

Oct 25, 2017
To those who have played the game, what kind of review scores can we expect? How good is the game in general compared to say the best RPGs of this gen, games like Witcher, Bloodborne etc.

And how long is the game?

Ive got huge FF nostalgia but if I try to totally disregard that factor so far I like it much more than bloodborne but not as much as Witcher 3

About 6 hours in so far

Nostalgia puts it above both of those for me though

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
I got mail that I can pick up my pre-ordered FF7 today. A week early, huh? (Finland).

S1kkZ

Oct 27, 2017
i really hope there is a patch that fixes the texture loading issues. some textures dont load in at all (or are stuck at the lowest detail level forever). i think its more of a bug, since there can be high-res textures and low-res right nex to each other (the ground texture for example).

trapt777

Oct 25, 2017
8 hours and 40 minutes in now. Just finished Chapter 6. It was a strong chapter. I appreciated the level design with a couple of optional areas with challenging fights and worthwhile rewards.

what do u personally think reviews are gonna be for this game?

Based on the first 6 chapters, I think you're looking at something in the range of 85-90.

When this game is at its best, it is almost untouchable. There's a few rough edges and a start difference between the fully animated cutscenes and the more in-game cutscenes. But the heart and soul of the game is the characters and they're doing a great job of representing them so far. The dialogue is genuinely great.

Yuber

Alt Account
Banned
Mar 2, 2020
For those who played the original and now this. How much is filler? Do you find needless adding of stuff that adds nothing other than expanding for the sake of it?

for those who enjoyed the story, did you prefer the original?

Yoshichan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Ah OK, thanks for the explanation. So if I equip a new weapon to Cloud but I've already spent all my Buster sword SP, will I still have SP to use on the new sword? Or I have to use it/level up to generate the SP for that sword?

What could you have possibly been doing lol Chapters 1 and 2 are pretty linear with not much content outside of the main path.
See there's that difference between one who stares and embraces each and every single dust particle that these artists have put in this game

ggg

Jan 8, 2018
question about the battle system for those well into it

how many shortcuts can u assign? are there pages like in kh?

Pastel Melon

Jan 2, 2020
Germany
For those who played the original and now this. How much is filler? Do you find needless adding of stuff that adds nothing other than expanding for the sake of it?

for those who enjoyed the story, did you prefer the original?

Since the spoilerless answers could be spoilers for some already:

I personally think there are a few filler scenes that I could do without, most of the stuffing I really liked because it fleshed out characters. Personal preferences, of course.

I prefer a certain part of the original more, something I am uncertain and have to wait until they develop (but they got me excited) and especially the character-writing I prefer much, much more in the Remake

Monsterqken

Dec 26, 2019
1 hour to install, looking through the art book.
The
hell house mines
needs to become a stuffed toy. Cuter than baby yoda.