• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
Perfo

Perfo

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
yeah lol, gotta go to London to watch it :D well it's a nice city anyway

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
SINGAPORE!!! YES!!

EarlyUnevenBubblefish-max-1mb.gif

Koivusilta

Oct 30, 2017
Finland
I assume there are going to be more dates later, and hope they'd come to Stockholm as it's been a while since the last Distant Worlds concert was there. Might look into going to London, though.

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
Just because the entire continent is burning doesn't mean they shouldn't come here, cowards!

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
"world tour"

4 cities outside of US including only one in Japan
These things aren't small productions. They take time and effort to set up and can be tricky if/when they want to have people like Uematsu, Kitase and/or Nomura participate in some of these.

There can also be more concerts in the future. If (lol) this is successful, they'll definitely want to keep the the FFVII Remake hype train going every way possible, including additional concerts after this initial batch.

bloodyroarx

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Ontario, Canada
These things aren't small productions. They take time and effort to set up and can be tricky if/when they want to have people like Uematsu, Kitase and/or Nomura participate in some of these.

There can also be more concerts in the future. If (lol) this is successful, they'll definitely want to keep the the FFVII Remake hype train going every way possible, including additional concerts after this initial batch.

Thats nice doesnt change the fact that they missed out on huge portions of the world

Kanann

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
World is base on what country sell the most copies.

If you want your city include, start buying 5-10 copies each.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Thats nice doesnt change the fact that they missed out on huge portions of the world
Again, big productions, they can't just have a hundred of these within the span of a few months, that would be a logistical nightmare. There might be good reasons why these are the first places to have this concert. Maybe they proposed it to other places but their schedules were already full or they couldn't figure out a date that is good for all parties involved. Maybe they've had such great experiences arranging concerts in some of these places that it's just easier to go with these options again because they know things should go smoothly. Maybe they are already working on concerts past these announced ones but details haven't been locked down so they aren't announcing them yet. We don't know what has gone one or is going on behind the scenes. Don't really see a problem calling something a world tour that (in its first batch of dates) has concerts in the US, Europe, Japan, Singapore and Thailand.

LiS Matt

Jan 19, 2018
Since its visiting 5 countries, what is the term to use ?
Although I do agree I expect more from something called a world tour

Deleted member 62561

Dec 31, 2019
i mean it takes place on planet earth, so i guess 'world tour' is technically correct...

Apr 19, 2018
Here's the tour schedule in English, including when tickets go on sale:

ffvii-remakeconcerts.com

FFVII Rebirth Orchestra World Tour

Presented by AWR Music, experience all new symphonic arrangements of the music of FINAL FANTASY VII REBIRTH including beloved scores by Nobuo Uematsu and exciting new contributions from Mitsuto Suzuki, Masashi Hamauzu, and many other esteemed composers and arrangers, performed by an orchestra and ch

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Even the US cities are pretty stereotypical, there are other cities that would sell out besides those five or so. When I saw Distant Worlds it was in Rochester and it was pretty packed.

Thordinson

Aug 1, 2018
Here's the tour schedule in English, including when tickets go on sale:

ffvii-remakeconcerts.com

FFVII Rebirth Orchestra World Tour

Presented by AWR Music, experience all new symphonic arrangements of the music of FINAL FANTASY VII REBIRTH including beloved scores by Nobuo Uematsu and exciting new contributions from Mitsuto Suzuki, Masashi Hamauzu, and many other esteemed composers and arrangers, performed by an orchestra and ch

Interesting. The English website changes Dallas to Fort Worth. Either way, I'm in!

LiS Matt

Jan 19, 2018
I'm hoping to get to the London one. How hard is it usually to get tickets to something like this?

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
I will be there. I went to see Distant Worlds last year and it was FFVII themed so I'm excited to hear the new arrangements for this.

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
Just London in EU.... I mean... Sorry. Just London on the continent of Europe? They should do one north and one south, like Rome or Madrid or sth. Or Berlin - it's in the center of Europe more or less.

beelulzebub

Oct 25, 2017
This isn't gonna be a repeat of that FFVII concert in LA last year right? I was there for that and that makes me hesitant to go to this one.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Sounds like hell
I can imagine it now.

"Why does this theatre smell like stale sweat and Katsu Curry sauce?"

"I can't see the orchestra because the person in front of my has giant cat ears on."

"The queue for the toilets is 45 minutes long because there are a bunch of people"riding" Chocobos"

Rappy

Oct 28, 2017
This isn't gonna be a repeat of that FFVII concert in LA last year right? I was there for that and that makes me hesitant to go to this one.
If you have any inkling on how good the Nier Orchestra concert was, you should have an idea on how this will be since Arnie Roth is involved. Of course, with FF7 music not being as good as Nier's.
Sounds like hell
I can imagine it now.

"Why does this theatre smell like stale sweat and Katsu Curry sauce?"

"I can't see the orchestra because the person in front of my has giant cat ears on."

"The queue for the toilets is 45 minutes long because there are a bunch of people"riding" Chocobos"
Umm..what? Way to generalize, but there were some questionable wardrobe choices at the latest Nier concert in LA, but that's LA for you. And I'm not talking about the cosplay. Who the hell has cat ears in FF7 anyway?