• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

curtismyhero

Aug 29, 2018
That Tifa shot gave me goosebumps. Seeing these really makes me realize that this remake is truly happening. Something I've asked for ever since I was a kid is mere months away. I'm kinda in awe!

Deleted member 37739

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 8, 2018
Man, twelve year old me is singing on the inside. I always thought this remake would be impossible because they'd never be able to live up to the hype, but...

FrostweaveBandage

Unshakable Resolve
Sep 27, 2019
These dumps just before Jump Festa must mean they're going to show off some of the areas. Really hoping for a certain furry character reveal.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
79828174_2822498857786546_3605706838349185024_o.jpg

Chrno

Oct 25, 2017
it's looks really good - the only gripe that I have with this game is that we won't make it out of Midgar and I have no idea how long it'll take for Episode 2.

show me your skeleton

#1 Bugsnax Fan
Oct 28, 2017
skeleton land
I was wondering if it's make a different take on the route between sector 6 & 7? IIRC, there was cliff/cave like walls around?

Just a thought...
yeah they hopefully have a lot of surprises in store, especially if 'midgar' is now 40 or whatever hours long. might give them the opportunity to brighten things up a little.
i'm super interested in the game mechanics of this multi-part series now. what wil be the level cap? what about side quests/end game content? how many weapons will there be for everyone? how will your progression carry on between each part?

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
They really, really, really need to stop using moments from later in the story to advertise this prologue edition. It's getting really fucking frustrating.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
I take it with that Sephiroth fire picture that Nibelheim is in this game then?

I wonder where they put it. Maybe in Shinra HQ when they're in prison

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
They really, really, really need to stop using moments from later in the story to advertise this prologue edition. It's getting really fucking frustrating.
Aren't there flashbacks to Niflheim within Midgar, hence they recreated that area?

Edit: Oh, you mean Sephiroth and not Tifa? Tifa's radiance had me already blocking Sephiroth out aha, sorry.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Aren't there flashbacks to Niflheim within Midgar, hence they recreated that area?

Edit: Oh, you mean Sephiroth and not Tifa?

I'm talking about the Sephiroth in flames shot, yeah. They did it before with the "Aeris and the Highwind" shot from their last key art release and now they're doing it with the Sephiroth in Nibelheim scene.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Sephiroth looks fucking PERFECT.

This is indeed the Remake of my dreams. Except for the whole episodic thing, but yeah.
It's a good thing. Think about it. Beijg made episodic mean 1)you will play part of the game after instead of waiting 8 years. 2) putting a limit on range/scope on episode will probably help the team make a more focused game, remember what happened to FFXV

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Sepiroth visible in the Shinra HQ eh, well.

Yeah, that's a dumb choice too. The ambiguity of Sephiroth was a good thing in the original game, having him dick around for the entire prologue as an active force just seems like them acknowledging that nothing actually important to the main story happens in Midgar aside from leaving it, so they have to shove Seph in early.

It's a good thing. Think about it. Beijg made episodic mean 1)you will play part of the game after instead of waiting 8 years. 2) putting a limit on range/scope on episode will probably help the team make a more focused game, remember what happened to FFXV

I would rather wait and get the whole game than pay $60 four times over a decade to experience a story I'm already familiar with.

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
I wonder if I just grew out of being crazy about Sephiroth's design because he's not wowing me like with some people. His stature and clothing are cool, it's something about his face. Also wtf is that stance lol.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This game is gonna sing on my OLED. Especially when I pop it in the PS5 a year from now.

That Tifa shot is bout to be my wallpaper.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Really loving the look of it, though I hope the Shinra Tower isn't completely abandoned. I kinda liked the implication that they didn't tell everyone so they'd keep working, despite armed revolutionaries storming the place, because capitalism.

aye, one screen shot.
there's also aerith's house area, that's (obviously) more colourful.

i wonder where that battle takes place though, can't seem to place it.

It's the new battle with Rude, shown in an earlier trailer.

Transistor

Hollowly Brittle
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
The more I see of this, the more hyped I get. It's like they looked at every single pre-rendered background and fully visualized it in 3D.

Giever

Oct 25, 2017
I'm beginning to think we might actually get the Kalm flashback in part 1 sometime in Midgar.