• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

manustany

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
The Space
The Japanese PS Blog has announced a limited edition FFVII Remake themed top cover for PS4, plus a couple of bundles with the game and a base or Pro console. No informations about a western release atm.

Delete Tifa number from my phone if old.

EDIT: edited, it's a top cover for base PS4, not a limited edition console.

Last edited:

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
does it make ff sound effects?

does it play one wanged angle when it boots up?

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I've mostly stayed out of the 'FVII Remake is deceptive' fracas but... yeah I think now I'm 100% convinced that not including a part 1 was poor from SE/Sony. That's a big box to just expect people to check the back of.

inner-G

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PNW
Well at least it doesn't look too cool lol

I thought the advent children psp design was classy

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Sick. If they release it in Canada, I might get it. My launch PS4 might be dying and I'd like to replace it with a slim.

Frost1800

Dec 3, 2019
Not fair and too late in the gen for this for me. The only way I could see myself upgrading to a Pro right now is if the upgrade was like $20.00 lol
They also sell stand-alone FF7R themed top cover for PS4.
www.gematsu.com

PS4 Top Cover and Wearable Neck Speaker Final Fantasy VII Remake Edition announced for Japan

Sony Interactive Entertainment Japan Asia has announced a PlayStation 4 Top Cover Final Fantasy VII Remake Edition, as well a Wearable Neck Speaker Final Fantasy VII Remake Edition.

* Or from what I gather from the PS blog post, they are selling the bundle, which includes the non-themed PS4 + FF7. In addition, they are also selling the themed top cover.

Last edited:

shancake

Managing Editor ‑ Press Start
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
It's not actually a console. It's just a cover that goes on the console.

The PS4 top cover is engraved with an emblem inspired by FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE.

* Can be used as a top cover for PS4 standard models. Not available for PS4 Pro.
* PS4 software "FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE" is not included with this product.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

The PS4 top cover is engraved with an emblem inspired by FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE.

* Can be used as a top cover for PS4 standard models. Not available for PS4 Pro.
lol nevermind then. I guess I'll wait for the 2020 Days of Play LE.

shancake

Managing Editor ‑ Press Start
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
OP
OP
manustany

manustany

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
The Space

Oh crap.

Symphony

Oct 27, 2017

Yeah, Sony do these for pretty much every exclusive launch in Japan. Heck, Megadimension Neptunia VII, various Miku games and even the freaking Frozen blu-ray release had custom faceplates/covers that you get when you buy a console through their store. When I ordered a Neptunia one they actually delivered the console to my proxy months before the faceplate.

GetDigitized

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The top cover will most likely be exclusive to Japan. The rest of the world doesn't get these top covers usually. We get whole consoles.