• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I just did this to a T in Yuffie's DLC:

Yes it is as stressful as it looks, and as satisfying to pull off as you would expect.

Deleted member 49482

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2018

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
I just did this to a T in Yuffie's DLC:

Yes it is as stressful as it looks, and as satisfying to pull off as you would expect.

He has maxed out all the materia in that so he gets a lot of atb back from ability spam and it looks like he abuses the throw attack + mug. Only weird thing about that video is how long Bahamut stayed pressured and the melee damage.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
He has maxed out all the materia in that so he gets a lot of atb back from ability spam and it looks like he abuses the throw attack + mug. Only weird thing about that video is how long Bahamut stayed pressured and the melee damage.
Bahamut stays pressured longer if you manage to get him in that state before he does his fire aura thing. The melee damage (or the rate at which the pressure gauge is rising, if that's what you mean) is because of Sonon's fighting spirit ability.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Bahamut stays pressured longer if you manage to get him in that state before he does his fire aura thing. The melee damage (or the rate at which the pressure gauge is rising, if that's what you mean) is because of Sonon's fighting spirit ability.
I always forget he has that. Its a tough ability to see how affective it is since you don't control him.

Oct 30, 2017
Well I just made it to the part that the music basically plagiarizes Rush from Cowboy Bebop. It's pretty much note for note lol.

Turin

Oct 27, 2017
Finally committed to my first replay and just crashed into the church.

I love this game ❤️

Oct 25, 2017
Finished the DLC a bit ago and found it absolutely mediocre. I didn't care for Yuffie in the OG games, and she's only more annoying here. Otherwise, the DLC is far too short for any of the story beats to work. It was over before I even got to know any of the characters. Combat remains dope, and the bosses are great though.

demu

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Okay, I just did the 50k in SOLDIER Training. Fuck this shit lmao. Took me about two hours and it was harder than the Bahamut/Ramuh/Pride and Joy gauntlet... the targeting was the worst enemy in this. And now I got a EXP Plus materia at level 50, great!

Aki

Mar 20, 2020
Loved the DLC and loved Yuffie. Glad to see that she will become more involved in the plot compared to the original.

Music was fantastic, especially the jazz part and the final Boss fight.
Shame it was short, but fort condor and the vr bosses kept me there longer than I intended!

I hope the fort condor minigame carries over to part 2 as it was addictive.

Turin

Oct 27, 2017
Though while it's fresh in my mind, fuck that moment where Barret slings Tifa over his shoulder and she bangs against his back like a little kid.

It's obviously not the only moment like that but the infantilism will never not be fucking embarrassing

Turin

Oct 27, 2017
Regarding Yuffie, I've never been a fan of hers but I think she came across much less awkwardly than I expected.

She's a caricature but a fluid caricature. You can tell there was a lot of confidence by the dev team in how they were going to present her.

ejoshua

Oct 27, 2017
Just finished my 7R replay. My wife was as into it as I was. Going to go into the Yuffie content soon. I played this really hot and heavy for the last week, so I need a break, lol. I still loved it just as much, if not more, as last years play through.

Worldshaker

Oct 28, 2017
Michigan
How do you beat:
Weiss
Been at it for hours now trying multiple strategies, and always get him to phase 3 and then he just heals himself and it's over. It seems like I just need to figure out how to not get hit and speed kill him or it's over? Haven't been this down on a boss ever (did all content from Sekiro, KH2/3, DS3, etc).

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
How do you beat:
Weiss
Been at it for hours now trying multiple strategies, and always get him to phase 3 and then he just heals himself and it's over. It seems like I just need to figure out how to not get hit and speed kill him or it's over? Haven't been this down on a boss ever (did all content from Sekiro, KH2/3, DS3, etc).
Yeah, the easiest way to beat him is to try and get everything in before he hits the third phase. It's a stupid fight, near impossible if you try to do it without exploiting Parry. I didn't even bother equipping Revive materia because if anyone died then you'd waste so much time + ATB reviving them that you were fucked anyway. I did equip weapons with Reprieve on all three + Revival Earrings on Tifa as backup plans but I don't think I ended up needing them in my successful run.

It's also worth noting that despite the dialogue box saying the Gotterdammerung doesn't work, it kinda does. It won't give you the instant limit break at the start but it still charges it relatively quickly. Playing as Tifa, I tried to time it so I'd stagger him right when Cloud gets his limit break and that, combined with 3-4 True Strike's (plus some Thundaga's from Aerith) would easily take over half of his health. Then from there it's basically the same second phase strategy everyone says, which was the hardest part and very luck dependent in my experience.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Just beat Intermission on hard. I had an easier time than on normal lol. I was prepared. Level 50 with a bunch of maxed materia. Didn't use any offensive magic either.

Now onto the main story playthrough! I haven't played it in over a year.

Worldshaker

Oct 28, 2017
Michigan
Yeah, the easiest way to beat him is to try and get everything in before he hits the third phase. It's a stupid fight, near impossible if you try to do it without exploiting Parry. I didn't even bother equipping Revive materia because if anyone died then you'd waste so much time + ATB reviving them that you were fucked anyway. I did equip weapons with Reprieve on all three + Revival Earrings on Tifa as backup plans but I don't think I ended up needing them in my successful run.

It's also worth noting that despite the dialogue box saying the Gotterdammerung doesn't work, it kinda does. It won't give you the instant limit break at the start but it still charges it relatively quickly. Playing as Tifa, I tried to time it so I'd stagger him right when Cloud gets his limit break and that, combined with 3-4 True Strike's (plus some Thundaga's from Aerith) would easily take over half of his health. Then from there it's basically the same second phase strategy everyone says, which was the hardest part and very luck dependent in my experience.

I figured as much, thanks for the reply.

Not a fan of these gimmicky fights, but it is what it is. I'll try again tomorrow with a clear head.

ohitsluca

Oct 29, 2017
Are trophies supposed to carry over? I uploaded my PS4 save file and downloaded it on the PS5 version but none of the trophies popped :(

DeSolos

Nov 14, 2017
Is there a chapter select after you beat the Yuffie episode? As in a chapter select for the Yuffie episode.(it'd be nice for skipping around on future play throughs)

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
Early spoiler-free impressions of Yuffie DLC. I'm currently in Chapter 2, haven't finished it yet.

Positives:
Yuffie
Fort Condor

Negatives:
Nothing anime sidekick is so unnecessary and bland it makes me angry
Some of the music is pretty grating
Roche shows up again

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Did Intergrade make it so that the party regains MP gradually during battles even on hard mode, or was that always the case in the original? I seem to recall that the only way to regain MP on hard mode was with mako shards in boxes (outside of finishing a chapter).

m4st4

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I finished it yesterday and for me it is like this:

Positives:
-Yuffie (!!)
-Production value across the board
-Jazzy music a la Persona
-boss fights

Negatives:
-I wanted at least one more chapter
-At the end there's an inescapable moment of realization: all of it will continue years into the future with Part II

Aadiboy

Nov 4, 2017
I love the game, but the forced railroading and walking segments are kind of annoying. Like, any time you step away from the main objective, you get characters yelling at you and are stopped by invisible barriers. And there are many moments where you have to walk at a much slower pace than usual while following characters, which is also annoying.

Midgar being linear makes it kind of forgivable, but if this shit shows up in Part 2 it'll be super lame. Imagine walking around an open field and a character yelling, "Cloud, where are you going, Kalm is this way!"

TheCed

Oct 27, 2017
Did Intergrade make it so that the party regains MP gradually during battles even on hard mode, or was that always the case in the original? I seem to recall that the only way to regain MP on hard mode was with mako shards in boxes (outside of finishing a chapter).
Some weapons allows for a faster MP Regen.
But MP regen was always there.

Jimmypython

Oct 27, 2017
oh man not being able to use item for hard mode is definitely fun and viable. however, I do wish they could balance the content of treasure chests, or enable item outside of battles....

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
oh man not being able to use item for hard mode is definitely fun and viable. however, I do wish they could balance the content of treasure chests, or enable item outside of battles....
exactly my thoughts. It's kinda frustrating to get useless items from treasure instead of MP heal from the chest.
Also no MP heal even on the bench is kinda brutal, especially the chapter with Hell House...

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
So I was away from home and I'm getting back tomorrow. I haven't gotten the chance to dive into this yet. Did a play through on PS4 at launch.

I think since I'll be rusty I might do chapter 1 on normal and then jump into the Yuffie DLC.

Jimmypython

Oct 27, 2017
exactly my thoughts. It's kinda frustrating to get useless items from treasure instead of MP heal from the chest.
Also no MP heal even on the bench is kinda brutal, especially the chapter with Hell House...

yeah..not sure what do they have against MP recovery... I am probably not going to even try the later chapters on hard mode. Do not want to put up with the frustration lol

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So I started a playthrough of the main story tonight. I stopped right before the fountain fight in chapter 2, right after meeting Aerith.

Is it me or has the music been touched up quite a bit? Several times I noticed the music feeling a bit different from what it was in the PS4 release. Like, right now, during chapter 2 when you're fighting Shinra officers in the streets, the music feels punchier than it did originally.

Anyone else noticed this?

Some weapons allows for a faster MP Regen.
But MP regen was always there.
Thanks