• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
I saw they changed the language of one of Tifa's outfit choices from "something mature" to "something refined" on my new playthrough.

almendrabl

Jan 24, 2020
Sadly, I've not yet played the original beyond Wall Market (only FF7R to completion), so I can't comment on the accuracy, or faithfulness, of her portrayal. Just commenting with this being my very first introduction to / impression of the character.
She was like that in the original

Zeel

Oct 27, 2017
did you ever figure this out? 😅 i cannot find the moth unit and have beat the grandmaster on hard.

Yes it's very dumb and pretty random, apparently the northern vendor refreshes his store after every event, ie. sidequest or main quest.
Basically from the beginning of chapter 1 you have to check his store after every quest you do and at some point he will sell it to you. In my case he sold it after I did the turtle fliers quest before going back to the old snapper, but it's different with everyone.

Listai

50¢
Oct 27, 2017
The 4K 30 mode looks broken to me - is it missing some motion blur or something? Camera pans feel really choppy.

7th_heaven

Banned
Nov 21, 2018
I need a Curaga from FF7R characters after watched FF origin trailers. Koei Techmo model characters is so bad. Hey Nomura I knew you designed Sonon and some DLC characters and you step down 7R director role for FF origin. But after FF origin trailer pls comback for FF7R-2 :(
E3k83vPXMAImYH-

E3k909IX0AI7_YT
E3k91QuXIAEIQLT

JEH

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Beat Yuffie's super boss. Lol took me a few hours but holy shit synergy and brumal form are OP when used correctly. She's a ton a fun. I can't wait to see how she will be when incorporated to the main games.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
how the fuck do you evade attacks with Yuffie? I'm fighting a Cripshay and no matter when I press the dodge button, the damn thing locks on to me and hits me.

ConfusedOwl

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
this soldier box challenge 50000 is driving me up a wall. Any tips?

Throw -> retrieve on the orange boxes

Ninjutsu on the purple boxes

Throw -> windstorm 2 shots the white boxes

You have to break every single box to get 50k score

Level 3 banishment in the middle of the final room with all the white boxes will destroy all of them

Pray the wonky targeting doesn't fuck you over

Last edited:

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
they'll probably patch the box challenge because it's a little too much. You can't mess up once and the targeting is wonky with so many targets together.

They took forever to patch a game breaking bug in the PS4 version though so idk

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
Is box challenge different/harder on Hard mode? Like do you need to do more damage to break them or something?

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
Alright, I'm resigned to the fact that I won't be beating Weiss or Bahamut so I'll just have a trophy percentage that's under 100%

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
I'm a little confused - I downloaded the Item Pack and it says all the DLC is installed, but none of the DLC summons are in my menu. Is there some trick to this?

BeeDog

Oct 26, 2017
I'm a little confused - I downloaded the Item Pack and it says all the DLC is installed, but none of the DLC summons are in my menu. Is there some trick to this?

While in game, did you press Start and then go to Settings -> System -> DLC (or something along those lines)? You need to actually redeem the DLCs to your current playthrough.

Altezein

User requested ban
Banned
Mar 21, 2021
Buenos Aires, Argentina
In case someone cares about this. Some people were disappointed that the Sector 5 skybox was still showing the unfinished plate above the player (that should be Sector 6 plate) So... I kinda created a simple mod for it, but can't test it because I don't have a Jailbroken PS4, lol. This should work on PC when it releases (no promise though)

The "fix" is pretty simple: I took Sector 7 skybox, which has Sector 6 at the left, mirrored it, and put it into Sector 5 backcloth model (with proper resizes). The result is a complete plate when looking above in Sector 5, and an Unfinished plate when looking right where Sector 6 is located.

Here's an image of the result (I can rotate the whole thing in Blender):
C7xxSEg.png

Last edited:

Euler007

Jan 10, 2018
this soldier box challenge 50000 is driving me up a wall. Any tips?
This video helped me. It looks like they don't play nearly perfect and end up with 10 seconds loose at the end. When I play it I feel like I'm busting boxes nonstop and yet I wound up with only 2 seconds left when I finally managed 50k. The second room is where I really screw up, it's actually hard to finish it in as few seconds as that video. Might want to memorize the order they attack things.

RulkezX

Oct 27, 2017
The 4K 30 mode looks broken to me - is it missing some motion blur or something? Camera pans feel really choppy.

I only downloaded the PS5 version last night due to work and

1 - I can barely see any difference between the 2 modes

2 - the 4K mode is choppy af and the jerky camera pan makes it unplayable.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
At chapter 8 now, it really does feel like seeing it for the first time. I think having double the frames too means I'm noticing things happening in scenes I didn't before. The trash in this chapter is still mostly a flat texture, but the higher res detail helps a lot.

Also, I still wish they added some hard mode with none of the handicaps, it a little too easy when your maxed out on normal mode.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
I really enjoy hard mode, but I just wish they were a bit more lenient with MP....
like have those boxes put out more MP orbs, let at least bench heal MP..... I still remember struggling with Hell House because I was dumb enough to use so much MP in prior fights.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
The final chapter looks like I am playing on PS6 breh.

What will PT II look like… :o (hopefully they don't take cues from Cloud's CGI model).

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
Can't be believe you can't hide the "Command" UI element. There is zero reason it needs to be on screen at all times.

Euler007

Jan 10, 2018
This video helped me. It looks like they don't play nearly perfect and end up with 10 seconds loose at the end. When I play it I feel like I'm busting boxes nonstop and yet I wound up with only 2 seconds left when I finally managed 50k. The second room is where I really screw up, it's actually hard to finish it in as few seconds as that video. Might want to memorize the order they attack things.

Replying to myself, it seems that throwing the shuriken to 1-2 box and then manually attacking other boxes is an excellent strategy (especially for unreachable out of the way big boxes) :

The player seems to do a lot of mistakes, such as missing the big banishment at the end and still ends with 20 seconds left on the counter. Btw raising my camera pan speed to the max really helped for the box minigame.

Footos22

Oct 25, 2017
Just beat pride and joy. Pretty easy bunch of fights. The tough one is bahamut but all you have to so is use synergy and keep mashing triangle and Square.so you never touch the ground

Oct 27, 2017
I'm free from the box curse since yesterday. Feels good.
I was so close to 50000 points so many times, the only box inever was never able to break was the one near the last room. I finally did it by letting the shuriken hit it (not recalling the shuriken) while using ninjutsu.

Listai

50¢
Oct 27, 2017
I only downloaded the PS5 version last night due to work and

1 - I can barely see any difference between the 2 modes

2 - the 4K mode is choppy af and the jerky camera pan makes it unplayable.

Oh I can definitely see the increase in resolution, but yeah, it feels horrible. I suppose I'm used to seeing games last gen with motion blur and other things to accomodate for the lower frame rate, FFVIIR doesn't really go out of its way to make it look any better.
Do you have an oled tv? If so thats why. Just do 60fps imo.

No, LCD and I was only trying it out as a curiosity - don't worry I'm playing it on the 60fps mode.

That's just 30fps, lol. That's what all 30fps games feel like to people used to 60fps or higher. It just looks and feels awful.

It is absolutely horrible, I really don't understand why anyone would prefer this.

m4st4

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I can definitely see the difference between 30FPS 4K and 60FPS modes here. Unlike some games.

FriendlyNPC

Oct 27, 2017
Just beat pride and joy. Pretty easy bunch of fights. The tough one is bahamut but all you have to so is use synergy and keep mashing triangle and Square.so you never touch the ground

Mostly works for pride and joy as well 😂. The command dodge works great for that big cannon attack and if you try to keep behind the thing you have pretty good chances overall.

PlayerOne

Apr 16, 2018
Shit, game almost gave me a heart attack, thought i lost like 8 hours of my hard mode save but it actually opened the ps4 version lol

Lonestar

Roll Tahd, Pawl
Oct 25, 2017
The last boss on Hard Mode for Yuffie is fucking brutal. Think I gave it 8-10 tries and didn't make it. I'll probably end up starting the chapter over and gaining more materia levels and better stored MP (my main mess up was that I got to the boss with Yuffie at like 7 MP). Don't think there was any MP regen materia attributes that I could find, like in the base game.

Having 2 15-30 second unskippable cutscene segments in the middle of the fight: Not Great.

Shit, game almost gave me a heart attack, thought i lost like 8 hours of my hard mode save but it actually opened the ps4 version lol

Yeah, Day after release, when everything looked to be running right, I removed my PS4 copy from the PS5, for both space saving, and for this kind of situation.

Beth Cyra

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Finally dropped the first secret boss.

Phase one is legit fun, forcing you to use an under utilized mechanic and making it awesome really made me smile.

Phase 2 is basically Magic Spam and it killed almost any enjoyment I could have had from the fight. I know Magic is super powerful but even still it was a bit much here.

FriendlyNPC

Oct 27, 2017
Having 2 15-30 second unskippable cutscene segments in the middle of the fight: Not Great.

Yeah, it sucked back in vanilla FF7R and it still sucks in Intermission, I really don't understand how they still haven't learned that lesson. And it's always for the lategame/hard bosses that will have a higher chance of requiring multiple attempts as well.

Talking about unlearned lessons, why didn't they update character movement in the base game? Yuffie controls so much better than all the vanilla characters outside of combat: Her climbing animation is great, her turning rate feels to the point, she is just a joy to steer through the new environments. It shows that the team actually knows how a well controlling character should feel like. So why do all the vanilla character still control like trains that you can't stop once they get going. Why do the climbing sections feel like you are controlling robots that can only move one limb at a time?

There is so much room for improvement in this game, all you can do is hope that Square Enix learns the right lessons for Part 2, and with Square Enix, that's always a nail biter.

Last edited: