• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
oh rly

Silly me for expecting a preload/preorder in a world where everything drops precisely day one worldwide and not a day before.

Playing Ratchet first then. Bought and preloaded days ago.
You technically haven't bought a pre-order, just an upgrade to an edition that isn't available until June 10th. It's sucky but this is the way Sony has handled this process since launching the PS5 in November. I'd love to preload the game and the DLC too but this is the reality of it.

m4st4

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
You technically haven't bought a pre-order, just an upgrade to an edition that isn't available until June 10th. It's sucky but this is the way Sony has handled this process since launching the PS5 in November. I'd love to preload the game and the DLC too but this is the reality of it.
Yeah, I get that. It sucks. Everything Sony's been doing with BC has been embarassing so far, especially with this game (already downloaded full just to click 'upload save file', once).

And with my net speed I won't touch it for days since Ratchet comes 24 hours later lol. It's all fine in the long run, two great games incoming, but also a bad practice.

Nov 2, 2017
Shibuya
Will I need to keep the PS4 version installed to download the PS5 version?
Nope!

Developers can support the pre-load process for this type of thing. It's the exact same on the backend as "buying a pre-order", as you put it.

Dlanor A. Knox

▲ Legend ▲
Apr 6, 2018
Wait so if we don't have to keep the PS4 version installed to download the PS5 version, how do we download the PS5 version for free?

Oct 30, 2017
Hey everyone, I read that you can upgrade to ps5 version by going to psn page and selecting upgrade. However, I don't see it. Is it not out yet?

Oct 25, 2017
Any news as to whether the old DLC, such as Carbuncle and the Butterfingers accessories are automatically added when you upgrade to PS5?
I assume they come with Intergrade normally.

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
So Yuffie's preorder weapon is not available for those of us who are upgrading from physical PS4 to PS5 and buying the DLC whenever that goes up, right?

Emerald

Oct 25, 2017
So Yuffie's preorder weapon is not available for those of us who are upgrading from physical PS4 to PS5 and buying the DLC whenever that goes up, right?
Been no details on that yet, but it sounds like everyone that upgrades needs to purchase it separately since we can't preorder the DLC.

Would love to be pleasantly surprised and have it included with every upgrade though.

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017
Do we know how big the file size is on PS5? Curious to see if it's smaller than the PS4 version since many other games are.

Peacemillian

Oct 25, 2017

"Pre-order now to get the Cacstar weapon, which Yuffie can wield in her episode.

* Item will be available for purchase after pre-orders have closed."

from the ps store page

darkNemisiScloud

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 27, 2017
Though keep in mind that you need the PS4 version installed somewhere so you can upload your save to SE's servers so you can transfer it to the PS5 version.

Once that process is done, you can delete the PS4 version.
The initial download to start the game is enough to upload the save then stop and delete the download or install.

nexus

Oct 25, 2017
SO I either have to install my PS4 again and upload my save, or just start fresh. I might just start fresh since I have no idea what was going on.

starfoxxxy

Gravity Is Hard
Banned
Mar 13, 2021
Damn so whats going on with this game? No previews or Reviews, still no info on the DLC?

Yinyangfooey

Oct 27, 2017
Question, does anyone know if the game the Yuffie episode as a separate list or is it baked or into overall game? In the end, doesn't really matter as I can transfer my PS4 platinum over but I just wondering.

Beth Cyra

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Damn so whats going on with this game? No previews or Reviews, still no info on the DLC?
Honestly given Guilty Gear, Rachet, E3, and a ton of other stuff it makes a lot of sense that Intermission isn't being pushed a lot.

Even Square is going to be focusing on all their E3 stuff and given its next week I assume most publications are content covering Intergrade when it launches with the rest of the game industry being the bulk of their coverage this week and next.

Question, does anyone know if the game the Yuffie episode as a separate list or is it baked or into overall game? In the end, doesn't really matter as I can transfer my PS4 platinum over but I just wondering.

Menu Selection.

Status
Not open for further replies.