• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Anything in particular that you're hoping for? Even the literal tiniest thing

Combat against flying enemies is the big one for me. The AI of them and the locations some of them appear seems off. Namely the Sector 7 tower. The flying soldiers show up and their pathing AI makes them keep distance from Cloud, resulting in them zooming up to the stairs and hanging around there where its almost impossible for Cloud to reach in any normal way. Stood out more since it happened multiple times to me.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Combat against flying enemies is the big one for me. The AI of them and the locations some of them appear seems off. Namely the Sector 7 tower. The flying soldiers show up and their pathing AI makes them keep distance from Cloud, resulting in them zooming up to the stairs and hanging around there where its almost impossible for Cloud to reach in any normal way. Stood out more since it happened multiple times to me.
Ohh yeah, that's a great point actually. Aerial combat in general is very wonky without Barrett/Aerith

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
God I really hope there's some more changes to the main game itself. I know we have the visuals, and Weiss (and maybe Ramuh?) but I'd love for there to be other changes. Even just tiny tweaks!
At this point I am not expecting anything for the main game.. If they did change some stuff, they probably would have told us by now.
I hope I am wrong, and they fixed little issues.... but my expectation is low.

PhillyPaw

Apr 11, 2021

You're not supposed to be chasing those enemies. There is a specific strategy for them

Deleted member 81119

User-requested account closure
Banned
Sep 19, 2020
At this point I am not expecting anything for the main game.. If they did change some stuff, they probably would have told us by now.
I hope I am wrong, and they fixed little issues.... but my expectation is low.
I think you're right, but the fact that they're adding Weiss into the main game has me hopeful.

Plus I'm sure there'll be a sequel teaser, KH style.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
They could add some new pink materias and it would be a massive difference considering how much they change the flow of the game's combat.

Refocus and ATB Assist on Tifa or Cloud = perma ATB all the time

Deleted member 6263

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope the upgraded textures aren't limited to only the fidelity mode. I want 60 fps plus a nice looking door, maybe not the fog effects/lighting stuff as much.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
wow, seriously? How shitty. I can't believe companies are still doing this. This practice should be banned.
Really sucks, doesn't it. No reason to own the PS5 version if you already have a PS4 copy, unless you want to collect
I hope the upgraded textures aren't limited to only the fidelity mode. I want 60 fps plus a nice looking door, maybe not the fog effects/lighting stuff as much.
Game ran at 1620p on the PS4 Pro, so it's not far fetched to believe that the performance mode on PS5 may run at 1440p with all the bells and whistles advertised.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Really sucks, doesn't it. No reason to own the PS5 version if you already have a PS4 copy, unless you want to collect
Even if someone doesn't own the PS4 release, there's just no reason to buy an empty box. Like, fuck that. I wouldn't buy it on purpose just to discourage this practice.

I hate it.

Kito

Nov 6, 2017
I watched the gameplay snippet for Intergrade, and as awesome as Yuffie's gameplay looks, I can't get excited for more time in Midgar. I really wish it took place in any kind of lush forest or any kind of more vibrant locale.

I'm sorry if this has been discussed to death, but as someone who avoided any info on this until now, is this meant to be a couple hour affair through environments similar to what we've already experienced, or are they reportedly saving some other areas as surprises?

Lastly, will the PS5 version of VII-R have its own trophy list apart from the PS4 version, similar to how It Takes Two did?

Beth Cyra

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I watched the gameplay snippet for Intergrade, and as awesome as Yuffie's gameplay looks, I can't get excited for more time in Midgar. I really wish it took place in any kind of lush forest or any kind of more vibrant locale.

I'm sorry if this has been discussed to death, but as someone who avoided any info on this until now, is this meant to be a couple hour affair through environments similar to what we've already experienced, or are they reportedly saving some other areas as surprises?

Lastly, will the PS5 version of VII-R have its own trophy list apart from the PS4 version, similar to how It Takes Two did?

This is going to be more Midgar.

While there is a chance we will see slightly different areas and possibly all knew ones thanks to Deepground it's still going to be the same Midgar aesthetic/setting.

Wandu

Oct 27, 2017
We still have no updates on when we can upload our PS4 saves correct? I redownloaded the game in preparation for PS5.

Tetsujin

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany

It very likely will, I don't think trophy lists are compatible between new and old gen like it could be done with PS3/4/Vita.
Every crossgen game on PS5 so far had its own trophy list as far as I'm aware.

SuperBoss

Oct 25, 2017
Do we know how long the DLC is?

I put around 50 hours into the main game would love it if the DLC was meaty too

Beth Cyra

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Do we know how long the DLC is?

I put around 50 hours into the main game would love it if the DLC was meaty too
Impossible to say.

We know it's Two chapters and the time line is a pretty huge chunk of time (at least between Cloud's Drop and Plate Fall) so they could be very meaty, but then sometimes in the Base chapters could vary hugely in length.

Oct 25, 2017
DLC is going to be $19.99 (usd). Which is better than KH3's remind pricing of $30, and slightly more than FF15'S royal dlc which was $15 I believe.

I kinda feel like that remind dlc was a bit of a rip off.

I honestly didn't feel like I got my 30 bucks worth. If you are big into boss rush then I guess you do.

What I'm saying is that I wonder how big this dlc is if remind was 30 bucks but this is only 20.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
So forgive me if this has been said at some point, but couldn't find info on this. Looks like Square is fucking me with the save transfer, so I need to know, if you buy the native PS5 version can you just go to the Yuffie episode or will you have to play through the entire game again to get it? Do we know that yet? Going to determine if I end up getting this after all

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
pretty sure episode yuffie is a separate game you need to buy so you don't have to finish ff7r all over again

Sand_Fox

Apr 21, 2020
If that's the case, that's fine then. You wouldn't happen to have a link to something official would you?

They mention this in their official website, here's a quote:

How do I access FF7R EPISODE INTERmission?

After downloading the content to your system, FF7R EPISODE INTERmission is playable immediately through the PlayStation 5 version of FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE title menu. For new players of FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE INTERGRADE it is recommended to play the main campaign first, although not required.

check the FAQs in their page:
ffvii-remake-intergrade.square-enix-games.com

FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE INTERGRADE | SQUARE ENIX

FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE INTERGRADE is an enhanced and expanded version of the critically acclaimed and award-winning FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
They mention this in their official website, here's a quote:

How do I access FF7R EPISODE INTERmission?

After downloading the content to your system, FF7R EPISODE INTERmission is playable immediately through the PlayStation 5 version of FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE title menu. For new players of FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE INTERGRADE it is recommended to play the main campaign first, although not required.

check the FAQs in their page:
ffvii-remake-intergrade.square-enix-games.com

FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE INTERGRADE | SQUARE ENIX

FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE INTERGRADE is an enhanced and expanded version of the critically acclaimed and award-winning FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE.

Oh, okay, thanks a lot.

CSX

Oct 27, 2017
https://twitter.com/CSX142857
Kinda off topic but I just noticed that I had to manually "check for update" on my ps5 to start the download for the update even though I set my PS5 to automatically update everything. I'm guessing that this is happening for all my ps4 games that are currently installed to my external drive. Is there a way to fix this?

Oct 14, 2019
Does Intergrade have any unique DualSense features? I believe I saw it mentioned in one interview / press-release, but I'm unsure of the details and if it's actually going to incorporate it in any way (beyond basic rumble). Anyone know?

7th_heaven

Banned
Nov 21, 2018
pretty sure episode yuffie is a separate game you need to buy so you don't have to finish ff7r all over again
Yeah! It like FFXV all DLC episodes, We can select episode Yuffie on Menu title screen
I kinda feel like that remind dlc was a bit of a rip off.

I honestly didn't feel like I got my 30 bucks worth. If you are big into boss rush then I guess you do.

What I'm saying is that I wonder how big this dlc is if remind was 30 bucks but this is only 20.
I believed Intergrade will focus on story more compare to Remind KH3 but no way Intergrade' Boss battle will feel better. Remind boss is one of the best boss design in SE this generation

Camells

The Forgotten One
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck me i didn`t upload my save before selling my PS4 and upgrading to PS5...
Now i have to play it all over again...

oh no.
oh.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
Does Intergrade have any unique DualSense features? I believe I saw it mentioned in one interview / press-release, but I'm unsure of the details and if it's actually going to incorporate it in any way (beyond basic rumble). Anyone know?
Nomura did mention it uses adaptive trigger in some way, but not much. He said in terms of utilizing dualsense features fully, it would have to be from next game where they make the game ground up with Dualsense in mind.

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas
Kinda off topic but I just noticed that I had to manually "check for update" on my ps5 to start the download for the update even though I set my PS5 to automatically update everything. I'm guessing that this is happening for all my ps4 games that are currently installed to my external drive. Is there a way to fix this?
My external PS4 games update ok. Don't know if it gets all of them but certainly games I've never touched or played months ago.

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017
Soooo, are we expecting a secret ending/teaser trailer for part 2 or at least, maybe setting up something in part 2?

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Have they said if you start a new game will the Yuffie chapter be naturally inserted into the regular story at some point or is it going to be a Bowser's Fury situation and always be this separate thing?

m4st4

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The way PS5 handles backwards comp. and upgrades is ridiculous.

Right now I'm downloading FF7RE PS4 version on my PS5 so I can upload the save file on cloud so I can download the save file on PS5 version of FF7RE Intergrade that will be a separate download in seven days... Ugh. Not to mention Yuffi is another download.

Rainer516

Oct 29, 2017
I really really don't want to download the game again only to upload and delete. If I have the files on my PS5 transferred via usb, maybe Intergrade will just recognize them?

Makoto Yuki

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
The way PS5 handles backwards comp. and upgrades is ridiculous.

Right now I'm downloading FF7RE PS4 version on my PS5 so I can upload the save file on cloud so I can download the save file on PS5 version of FF7RE Intergrade that will be a separate download in seven days... Ugh. Not to mention Yuffi is another download.

Sounds horrible, probably why I'm just gonna play through the game again rather than upload my file.

Clean slate.

m4st4

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Sounds horrible, probably why I'm just gonna play through the game again rather than upload my file.

Clean slate.

That's what I wanted honestly, but then I remembered reaching the finale on Hard and never finishing my second playthrough, might wanna re-try that platinum attempt after doing the whole thing from the beginning + Yuffie anyway.

Oct 29, 2017
Are there any DLC or preorder items in the PS5 version you're missing out on if you have the PS4 version and want to upgrade to the PS5 version without buying the PS5 version? This is confusing, and I don't want to buy the game again after buying the PS4 deluxe version.

Status
Not open for further replies.