• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scar

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Title Town
Nomura loves himself a white haired bad guy. lolololol

Eventually I won't be able to tell FF7 and Kingdom Hearts apart.

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
And the trash is getting stuffed into the remake canon. We all knew it would happen. Nomura and Nojima just can't help themselves...

QdTlvWt.png

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Correct me if I'm wrong, but my impression was that there aren't any games that share trophy lists for PS4 and PS5.
It's hard to know. Borderlands 3 had a save transfer but a new trophy list.
In that case, your guess is as good as mine. I've seen trophy lists shared between PS3 and PS4 games (Trails of Cold Steel I and II being PS3/PS4/Vita even), but haven't kept track of PS4/PS5 ones.

Toth

Oct 26, 2017
So it looks like the dream of the Tifa chapter and new battle content is dead :(

Oct 31, 2017
Eh, I think the open world is easily the best part. Road tripping with the bros in beautiful environments with great music is a joy. Love it.

The hold a button thing isn't nearly as much of a problem as of the Royal Edition. Especially if you're airstepping all over the place or switching your characters a lot.

The main story still suffers from the last half's pacing issues, but between the RE additions, the DLC, and the other supporting content like the anime shorts, it's fleshed out well enough to work for me.
I don't like the bros considering how shallow they are, and I hate the "road tripping" vibe and I'd argue it doesn't even do road tripping well considering how little land you cover. I feel like straight guys like this "road trip" vibe or something but I don't see it.

It is. If you choose to press buttons instead it isn't exactly 1:1 making the combat not as smooth as it should be, coupled with the overly long animations that aren't cancelable.

OK this is how I can tell we have completely different tastes. You think the only issue lies with the second half....

but the first 8 chapters having stupid missions like retrieving your car from an army base or avenging Jared weren't a problem for you

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
I got really excited seeing Yuffie, but oh god noooooo they're bringing in compilation bullshit god damn it. I had really hoped it'd be a like 'yeah it's technically canon but we're not gonna talk about that here' type situation. Arggghh! Fucking Weiss -- this means Genesis is totally gonna be a thing in this remake universe, too! jflk;dafds 😂 😂 😰 😔

Gdi, now I'm pretty much guaranteed to hate the remake series, and I'll have no choice but to hate-play all of it cuz I still love FF7 too much not to. ;__;

They've said that the Remake is going to put plenty pf the Compilation stuff in here and make it more coherent. It'll likely come off better than it did in the OG! verse at least.

IzzyRX

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
It looks like Yuffie Episode is PS5 only and is included in both PS5 versions, so you can only buy the Intergrade version on PS5.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
For now. And the story must move past them.
Jenova taking over as the main villian, the true Jenova, her origin reveals itself, could be a great final antagonist for the entire series, and that would feel earned 'The source of everything'

That said anyone else coming along, like Genesis and taking the spotlight, please no.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Lol, I just directly compared/overlaid them. Cloud's biceps is noticably buffer on PS5. No joke. XD
I can't help but approve.

I don't like the bros considering how shallow they are, and I hate the "road tripping" vibe and I'd argue it doesn't even do road tripping well considering how little land you cover. I feel like straight guys like this "road trip" vibe or something but I don't see it.

It is. If you choose to press buttons instead it isn't exactly 1:1 making the combat not as smooth as it should be, coupled with the overly long animations that aren't cancelable.

OK this is how I can tell we have completely different tastes. You think the only issue lies with the second half....

but the first 8 chapters having stupid missions like retrieving your car from an army base or avenging Jared weren't a problem for you
I'm not straight. 💁‍♂️ I mean there's a reason I keep Gladdy in his "rugged attire" like 90% of the time, and it's not because I'm looking for motivation.

Anyway, agree to disagree. The road trip vibe 100% works for me. I can boot up the game any time and feel great chilling with the bros. The key is not to think too hard about the tragedy in store, lol.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Excited to see a proper comparison video

Those Midgar backgrounds look so much better I think??

Oct 31, 2017
I'm OK with most of the stuff added to the first game, so maybe they found a way to work the dirge of cerberus crew into the game convincingly. How important could they be in the grand scheme of things, anyway?

Playable Yuffie is fucking great, seeing her was a great surprise!

IIRC Weiss is some AI of Hojo's mind, or.... something?

So the fact that this scene is set in the test facility makes me think it'll be just some battle or something. Though I'm gonna go in expecting the worst lol

Truno

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 16, 2020
DLC for a remaster of the first part of a remake that covers about 10% of the original game... a lot of milk coming out of this title

EDIT: And it's PS5 exclusive?! Fuck me SE is something else

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
Some info from Nomura interview:

-Graphics upgrade is mainly on the lighintng and texture, but they added stuff like fog effects and so on to improve the atmosphere.
-For the Yuffie Episode, you can only directly control Yuffie. Sonon cannot be directly controlled, but you can issue commands like usual. New combat element is the combination attacks between Yuffie and Sonon.
-Weiss is the secret boss of battle simulator. He is very tough battle.
-Can't confirm on Weiss being more than just boss for battle simulator atm.
-Yuffie's episode will have an unannounced boss battle.

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Hamaguchi taking over for Part 2 then, guess Nomura is fully focusing on KH

CRIMSON-XIII

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
Oh snap, I was starting to feel like the only one that wanted a remaster/remake of DoC.

I'm surprised they're acknowledging any of it at this point.
Exactly. I think there is a chance that they change the face and voice of Genesis. And re-work it.

To add further ideas... the BR game has a shooting mechanism. It just screams a basic level of DoC to me.. Very basic. I think there is room for some sort of re-work. Or Vincent episode... On top of the compilation inclusion.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017

Probably moved over to KH since they mentioned 2022 being the year for that, barring delays.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Pretty much. Everyone is so beautiful in this game, Tifa, Barret, Jessie, Cloud, holy shit. Nomura stop.

Also i feel like the models are so much better than what we got in KH3...
Absolutely. The devs did a smashing job with all of the designs, honestly. There are so many major and subtle ways they could have gone wrong.

Compare the in-game models with their Advent Children versions. I thought the AC characters looked good at the time, but next to FF7R, what a contrast.

Oct 25, 2017
Jenova taking over as the main villian, the true Jenova, her origin reveals itself, could be a great final antagonist for the entire series, and that would feel earned 'The source of everything'

That said anyone else coming along, like Genesis and taking the spotlight, please no.

Nah man. Jenova is dead and has been dead for a while. They were great, but the plot needs to move on. The Remake already turned Sephiroth into a caricature of himself and it's quite obvious that they don't get the character anymore.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Has been confirmed that this is still a PS exclusive?

Status
Not open for further replies.