• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
So happy to see Yuffie. Really did not expect new characters for this.

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
Hey, it's fucking FREE.

HEY, LOOK.

kJsZCJo.png

Nope. The PS5 upgrade is free. Yuffie DLC is not.

Oct 27, 2017
I actually really dug that and the graphical upgrades look neat. The new content looks like really dumb fun and I'm all here for it, back in the 90- 00s as a kid Yuffie was my favourite as well to be fair.

Soriku

Nov 12, 2017
Oh thank god for free upgrade, and I'm totally down for DLC without needing to rebuy the whole game again.

doemaaan

Oct 27, 2017
Very cool. PS5 enhancements didn't look like an insane upgrade, but that goes to show how great the PS4 version looked. Can't wait for June.

Spudstercool

Jul 14, 2019
Looks great!

Just to be clear, it looks like the Yuffie Episode is paid DLC - whereas the PS5 graphics/QoL upgrades are free. All of which I think is fair.

koutoru

Oct 27, 2017
The Yuffie episode is available "after upgrading to the PlayStation 5 version" according to the trailer.

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Really happy it's a free upgrade, and I don't mind some DLC for the title.

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
I guess I will finally find out if my disc drive works. Bought a PS5 with disc drive and I'm yet to use it. I also own FF7R on disc.

Deadpool_X

Oct 28, 2017
Indiana
This will be the version that ends up on Xbox Series as well. No mention of exclusivity, and they wouldn't do a last gen version.

Freeglader

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Nov 13, 2017
I'm definitely feeling trepidatious about where this story is going, but at least we're getting that sweet sweet gameplay in 60fps.

Bing147

Jun 13, 2018
Definitely willing to pay for the DLC with the base game being free. Appreciate them doing it like this.

Voror

Oct 25, 2017
I wasn't expecting Yuffie. And that party member feels like he could be the basis for how Cid eventually plays.

Cooperative attacks are new right? Been a bit since I played.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Thank god for the free upgrade and save transfer. I'm definitely going to be doing NG+.

Also it's cool to see Yuffie but her design is way too accurate to the original. People may take shots at me but the giant arm sleeve is dumb.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Happy with everything except the visual comparison was horrible with YouTube comparison, looked worse in half the shots lol

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Title should be updated to include the fact its a free upgrade for those who already own FFVII Remake.

Status
Not open for further replies.