• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 11421

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Someone posted in one of the other threads that Britt and Erica posted (but later deleted) on Instagram about recording at Skylark recently, so it all seems to be lining up.

Gimme dat DLC!

I was thinking just the other day about that and what if an additional chapter set with this exact scenario might be why. A stretch but...maybe not?

Deleted member 511

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Cutting out content dedicated to one of the main female characters but keeping the unnecessary Leslie backstory and revisit to the sewers? Make it make sense.

Anyway, I remember Jessie's VA said in a interview pre-release that Tifa and Jessie would be shown on screen as friends but that wasn't a thing at all in the game so maybe this whole chapter with Tifa working with Jessie will still be included eventually since (I'm guessing) she had to know about this? I saw this in the replies so maybe this will be added content in a repackaged PS5 edition of the game?

MonadL

Oct 25, 2017
tumblr_prh0fw7oev1uwl6nzo1_500.gifv

Water

The Retro Archivist
Oct 30, 2017
This game was already way to long and such a chore. No wonder it was cut.

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't be surprised if this was cut with the intention of being sold later. People love Tifa.
Meanwhile the game got horrible filler content. I still loved the game in the end but it sure had its lows...

Normanski 2.0

Nov 21, 2017
That's interesting, I remember making a thread about that bit a while back and whether it could have potential for story DLC... I'd still be up for playing it :)

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
I really wish that if insiders knew something concrete, they'd just say it instead of mincing around like they are writing a clickbait article. Otherwise just don't say anything.

Deleted member 35509

Account closed at user request
Banned
Dec 6, 2017
Game was already too long. But her scenes were better than most, a shame. I had to skip all of Aerith and Jessie scenes, they were unbearable and embarrassing. Would've taken another Tifa scene over them.

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
There's also concept art of Zangan in the artbook that we never saw anywhere in game.

It's annoying this could all be cut content but if there's one thing people will pay for it's waifus Tifa. I know a lot of women love Tifa too (speaking as one) so honestly from a business perspective this was probably smart.

I do like the idea of her getting her own standalone story, and marketing it as such. Gives her a deserved moment in the spotlight.

Final Fantasy VII Remake didn't have an Aerith chapter planned

Tifa stays winning
Aerith was literally part of a new short story in the world book so.....

Can we just not with this?

ultima786

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Game was already too long. But her scenes were better than most, a shame. I had to skip all of Aerith and Jessie scenes, they were unbearable and embarrassing. Would've taken another Tifa scene over them.
This hot take makes me sad. Aerith and Jessie were full of life and were hilarious in a good, charming way.

the game felt full and complete. Happy to have more of Avalanche, especially Tifa. She was so well acted.

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
The one thing Final Fantasy 7 Remake doesn't need is...more.

If that game actually gets more content it better replaces part of the dozen or so hours you spend backtracking through areas doing filler quests with little to no impact on anything.

Scruffy8642

Jan 24, 2020
Wait so they got rid of a mission that makes sense and follows a character people love, when half this game was pointless bullshit? Well that's somewhat annoying. Retroactively adding something like this as DLC would just be an insult as well.

Rats

Oct 25, 2017
DUDE I LITERALLY FUCKING ASKED FOR THIS. LOOK.

Ooh, you think there could be Cloud-less segments of this game focusing on TIfa? There's already a bit of a gap in the story they could fill, showing what she and Barrett are doing after Cloud's fall.

I'm livid that they would cut it. God damnit.

EDIT: okay I've read the rest of the thread now and we might actually get it? Please god.

Last edited:

Ovvv

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 11, 2019

If that game actually gets more content it better replaces part of the dozen or so hours you spend backtracking through areas doing filler quests with little to no impact on anything.

What "dozens of hours" of filler quests were necessary to be done? Stop this hyperbole

Soriku

Nov 12, 2017

Were we playing the same game? The game has some filler quests but there weren't that many overall and they were spread out (one thing I liked about it). Certainly not dozens of hours. Also IIRC the rewards were decent.

Anyway this sounds alright. Probably would be better in the main game as it doesn't sound terribly exciting. If they release a new chapter as DLC I'll get it because the game is fun. If it's part of a new $60-70 next gen "upgrade" then šŸ–•

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
i'm a fan of tifa's respective VA and the writers wrote her well enough

but man. every time she was onscreen was woof... "lol Cloud, there are levers over there *suggestive posing* maybe we can both pull them *giggle*"

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
i'm a fan of tifa's respective VA and the writers wrote her well enough

but man. every time she was onscreen was woof... "lol Cloud, there are levers over there *suggestive posing* maybe we can both pull them *giggle*"
Yeah some of her mannerisms were jarring especially early on. Hopefully they'll have seen the criticism and axe it because as much as I'm interested in this content I don't want to see Tifa bubbling and bouncing her way through it.

Bit_Reactor

Banned
Apr 9, 2019
Should we have more content with a player everyone loves?
Nah we need an asshole on a motorcycle and a lot more insultingly shit side quests please.
Done!
It truly is baffling. "We're going to show more of the plate living and Midgar"

Cuts the chapter that would have given more new things and left in the nonsense motorcycle chapter so that JESSIE can have more screen time.

Okay...