• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Should this thread contain open spoilers?

• Yes

Votes: 1,406 73.4%
  • No

Votes: 510 26.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
btw who wants to ask for the copy of FF7 remake report? i would, but since i dont have an english name it might look weird.

"Reasons for classification decisions

The Board writes a report which explains the reasons it gave a film, computer game or publication a particular rating. You can contact us if you would like a copy of a report for a particular film, computer game or publication.

You can see reasons for decisions from the Classification Review Board in Review decisions."

this is for the australian rating
The Australian rating went up a couple of weeks ago. I'm in Australia and could ask for the report if you really want, but it's Sunday and this week is Christmas and then New Years so I'm not sure how long a reply would take.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder how close this will be to Sephiroth at the end of the remake

EMYTnENUwAEfInu

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
I wouldn't really think there will be much similarities. It's pretty clear they are differentiating Dissidia designs to FF7R.
Of course, but with this being the first jump this design has made to HD (?) and it apparently being designed by Roberto Ferrari and based on Nomura's initial artwork, I do wonder if there are at least some elements there that might make the jump to FFVIIR.

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
I wonder how close this will be to Sephiroth at the end of the remake

EMYTnENUwAEfInu
I do not like this one at all.

It's a damn shame about the rating and no blood part. Few moments were the game got really gritty and dark which I appreciate. They even kept the Trail of blood musíc during battle sequences.

nk2gvpsaib39oqz8cq6x.jpg

Two iconic moments they need to redo somehow if they are going with this rating. One of them which may or may not be in this part.
KeK48F0.png
tumblr_oydrzaKlBY1w7x7wyo2_r1_500.gifv

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
To be fair to that Safer Sephiroth design, it's been tweaked to work within the confines of an arena fighter. I assume the FFVII Remake version will have a MUCH bigger wing span, at the very least.

I'm personally hoping it ends up being a bit like the angels from Bayonetta, with that whole "Gorgeous Exterior, Grotesque Interior" concept.

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
To be fair to that Safer Sephiroth design, it's been tweaked to work within the confines of an arena fighter. I assume the FFVII Remake version will have a MUCH bigger wing span, at the very least.

I'm personally hoping it ends up being a bit like the angels from Bayonetta, with that whole "Gorgeous Exterior, Grotesque Interior" concept.

Yep. I already posted it in the other thread but when it's a costume for a character model that runs around and fights with a sword two-handed, having one arm, no legs and no sword ain't gonna work. They also need it to be smaller and less distracting for the player - even that costume is busier than Remake's dev team.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
Of course, but with this being the first jump this design has made to HD (?) and it apparently being designed by Roberto Ferrari and based on Nomura's initial artwork, I do wonder if there are at least some elements there that might make the jump to FFVIIR.
Yeah there will obviously be certain elements that will share the similarities.... but even if the basic concept is similar, I feel the atmosphere will be quite different.
I always felt Dissidia NT's sepiroth felt really different, even though the design itself is not that drastically different... something about how Team Ninja made the face feels... off? I think that makes the Safer's face looks off here is well.... that eye just looks weird with they way face skin is done here.

Tetsujin

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Yeah in terms of music there isn't going to be a single big name attached to this. It'll be a team of arrangers working on this. I'd bet Yoshitaka Suzuki will be heavily involved again like he was for XV, amongst others. And some of these guys will most likely be contributing a handful of original compositions here and there as well.

Talax

Oct 27, 2017
I mean there isn't much to compose this time around. It's all arranging.
There's gonna be a lot of new areas; new sectors. I think new environment music should be there. Sure, character themes, battle themes are definitely just arranged but when adding so much content to a game it gives so much opportunity to make new tunes

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Are there any T rated games with a lot of blood?

dont expect excessive or massive amounts of blood in this game lol.

WHen versus changed to 15, they took out pretty much all allusions to blood or killing in that fashion and even changed all the human enemies to robots.

SE are ultra safe when it comes to not wanting to deal with controversy around the world regarding visceral violence in their modern AAA titles, and its even more stringent now with ultra realistic graphics

with that being said, i am sure they have found a decent way to portray certain scenes

Deleted member 721

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
dont expect excessive or massive amounts of blood in this game lol.

WHen versus changed to 15, they took out pretty much all allusions to blood or killing in that fashion and even changed all the human enemies to robots.

SE are ultra safe when it comes to not wanting to deal with controversy around the world regarding visceral violence in their modern AAA titles, and its even more stringent now with ultra realistic graphics

with that being said, i am sure they have found a decent way to portray certain scenes
the brazilian rating says there's intentional murder on the remake and corpse display (dead people on screen), but about blood itself i believe it will be a mild scene because there's no mention of it

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
id be surprised if he wasnt playable. The fact that hes an endgame character isnt really relevant because skipping over him would just mean that much more work in the next game.

They can also make him available post game, which will probably be 20+ hours, so its not like it would be a waste.
What do you think now about the possibilities for Red XIII to be playable? They can make the escape from Midgar longer, in order to justify his presence in the remake.

I think they can resolve that of they have Red 13 to be in a separate lab building in Midgar, the crew could go there first instead of Shinra Building.

Alternatively I can see the Shinra Building as a half way mark, with them escaping but not out of Midgar. They can start the exploration of other sectors and above the plate here and give you a longer game where you have to deal with the President and other villains.

Deleted member 5745

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't someone wanting some specifics regarding the rating? The ESRB just put up a rating summary.

FINAL FANTASY VII Remake - ESRB

FINAL FANTASY VII Remake - Teen - This is an action role-playing game in which players follow the story of a mercenary (Cloud Strife) on a quest to save the planet from evil.

This is an action role-playing game in which players follow the story of a mercenary (Cloud Strife) on a quest to save the planet from evil. Players explore the city of Midgar, perform various quests, and battle monsters and soldiers in frenetic melee combat. Characters use swords, staffs, guns, and magic spells to battle fantastical monsters and human soldiers; combat is highlighted by cries of pain, impact sounds, and explosions. Cutscenes also depict instances of violence: characters impaled by swords (off-camera); a man shot repeatedly while on a stairwell. Some female characters wear revealing outfits (e.g., deep cleavage); one scene depicts a man ogling women's bodies while making suggestive hand gestures and hip movements. The game contains some alcohol content: ordering "something hard and bitter" and watching a character drink; searching for a person at the "Drunkards' Den"; watching characters drunk and slurring their speech. One cutscene depicts a character smoking a cigar. The words "sh*t," "a*shole," and "pr*ck" appear in the dialogue.

Dlanor A. Knox

▲ Legend ▲
Apr 6, 2018
Wasn't someone wanting some specifics regarding the rating? The ESRB just put up a rating summary.

FINAL FANTASY VII Remake - ESRB

FINAL FANTASY VII Remake - Teen - This is an action role-playing game in which players follow the story of a mercenary (Cloud Strife) on a quest to save the planet from evil.

That was posted awhile back, there's no blood AT ALL in the game, very disappointing.

Oct 30, 2017
I think they can resolve that of they have Red 13 to be in a separate lab building in Midgar, the crew could go there first instead of Shinra Building.

Alternatively I can see the Shinra Building as a half way mark, with them escaping but not out of Midgar. They can start the exploration of other sectors and above the plate here and give you a longer game where you have to deal with the President and other villains.

I mentioned this already in another post on here, but that would ruin the whole point of escaping from shinra and chasing down sephiroth. The big climax that setups the rest of the game to only going walking around midgar would be disappointing and anticlimactic. The story needs to retain some of its pacing for it to do the original justice. There's more natural lulls in the story early on that allow for more optional quests and exploring midgar.

Red doesn't need to be playable, he hasn't even been marketed which is probably all anyone needs to know. He can be a side character with default combat abilities that you get to experience a bit of at the end or not even have him playable at all. I don't think it would matter much. He will get there and be part of the escape for sure, but I think any optional exploration will before all that.

Deleted member 721

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
maybe there's a summon quest?

"A summon beast of fire. It's a ferocious evil spirit. It is a brutal entity that burns everything without mercy, but once helped, it becomes a reassuring ally."

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017

"A summon beast of fire. It's a ferocious evil spirit. It is a brutal entity that burns everything without mercy, but once helped, it becomes a reassuring ally."

It would be pretty cool to fight these summons before obtaining them. I wouldn't read too much into that description myself though.

Deleted member 721

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i was thinking there's no tv commercials yet, besides the 7 minutes one, i think we should expect more of them next year before launch.

Death Penalty

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

Seeing a couple different places reporting this translation, so I hope it isn't a mistranslation or worse just Twitter fluff. Summon boss fights or summon quests would be a dream come true for me!

Dlanor A. Knox

▲ Legend ▲
Apr 6, 2018
ppl freakin out over an ESRB description lmao

Well of course, there's no "blood" indication on the ESRB rating page, which means there is no blood in the game. Which means trails of blood will not be the same, if not removed / happening off-screen. Which is disappointing for some of us.

Even FFXV had "mild blood" on its ESRB page and that's for like, one small moment where you see
a blood wound on Luna's dress when she got stabbed by Ardyn

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Well of course, there's no "blood" indication on the ESRB rating page, which means there is no blood in the game. Which means trails of blood will not be the same, if not removed / happening off-screen. Which is disappointing for some of us.

Even FFXV had "mild blood" on its ESRB page and that's for like, one small moment where you see
a blood wound on Luna's dress when she got stabbed by Ardyn

that's quite a lot of jumps and steps to come to such a conclusion. and even if it were true, be so hysterical months before the game even comes out to see what it actually does is silly

Dlanor A. Knox

▲ Legend ▲
Apr 6, 2018
that's quite a lot of jumps and steps to come to such a conclusion. and even if it were true, be so hysterical months before the game even comes out to see what it actually does is silly

I mean if there was blood in the game, wouldn't it have to be mentionned in the ESRB rating page?

Here's the original FF7 ESRB rating page: https://www.esrb.org/ratings/32345/FINAL+FANTASY+VII/

It mentions "Blood" on the logo, and trails of blood are mentionned in the description:

A handful of environments also depict bloodstained floors and walls.

Now here's FF7R ESRB rating page: https://www.esrb.org/ratings/36743/FINAL+FANTASY+VII+Remake/

No "Blood" mention on the logo, no blood mention in the description.

I think it's safe to assume that there won't be blood in the remake.

Edit: I'm still pretty hyped for the remake, but the trails of blood moment was probably the part I wanted to see the most in the remake, it's such a memorable scene for me.

But who knows, maybe they'll manage to make it spooky anyway. We'll just have to wait and see what they do with it in the remake, but it is a disappointing bit of info for me.

Last edited:

Dlanor A. Knox

▲ Legend ▲
Apr 6, 2018
i mean, not necessarily? Especially since the brazilian ratings board mentions corpses and such

Even then, its quite an ovvereaction before we even see the game itself.

I told you why I think there won't be blood, i'm comparing the original game's ESRB rating page with the remake's.

On the original FF7's ESRB rating page, it says blood on the logo, mentions bloodstained floors and walls in the description, and on the remake's there's no mention of blood AT ALL.

I'm very positive there won't be blood in the remake.

Also corpse =/= blood. There could very well be corpses on the ground but with no visible blood.

Oh well, the remake looks phenomenal anyway, but I really wanted that trails of blood moment. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.