• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Should this thread contain open spoilers?

• Yes

Votes: 1,406 73.4%
  • No

Votes: 510 26.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017

tenor.gif

That's so good. That sounds like a 1:1 translation
giphy.gif

Deleted member 721

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
EL6u7W2UEAAWsaf

found out something in this pic, you can see there's stairs and some places to walk above it, that appeared on the tgs trailer that we discussed if we would control the party and tifa
here's the part i'm talking about

its the same place

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, I know I shit on a lot of the remake's ideas, but man, the remix of the battle theme is phenomenal. It's like they took the bombast of the version from Crisis Core and then redid it to actually sound like the original song and not just a Takeharu Ishimoto remix of it.
Yeah I was so worried they'd add unneccesary shit or overorchestrate the battle theme but it's exactly what I wanted.

One of biggest wants from this game is literally FFVII OST remastered with modern capabilities. I like the risks they're taking with everything else but I just gotta have only a QOL update to the OST.

thst said, given the expanded scope we're bound to get tons of new music right? Hopefully it's up to the standards of the original. Is Uematsu composing do we know?

Deleted member 721

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I was so worried they'd add unneccesary shit or overorchestrate the battle theme but it's exactly what I wanted.

One of biggest wants from this game is literally FFVII OST remastered with modern capabilities. I like the risks they're taking with everything else but I just gotta have only a QOL update to the OST.

thst said, given the expanded scope we're bound to get tons of new music right? Hopefully it's up to the standards of the original. Is Uematsu composing do we know?
It seems they are making multiple versions of each music, and its likely they will create more versions with the next parts, a heads up end of january the LP with some of the musics of the remake will be released

Lunatic

Oct 27, 2017
God the new melody they added at 0:55 in that video reminds me SO MUCH of another song (I think also an FF song?) I just can't put my finger on. It's driving me nuts.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
God the new melody they added at 0:55 in that video reminds me SO MUCH of another song (I think also an FF song?) I just can't put my finger on. It's driving me nuts.

The part in the background immediately after at 1:06 is pretty much the start of the opening theme

Could be that the first part you mentioned is a faster, different key version from another part of the song?

YannStone

Oct 27, 2017
So, I know it's very far fetched, but it immediately reminds me of the main theme of NOFX's The Decline (that's repeating multiple times through the song, but I put the video at 14:55):

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

EDIT: I forgot the orchestral version of the song:

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
Full Longer (edited) version of Let the Battles Begin!

And the main theme preview:

Last edited:

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017

It's the 'AM I ONLY DREAMING' riff from "Eternal Flame" by the Bangles. Seriously - once you hear it it's never going to leave your brain.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
We are under the assumption the story beats will remain the same.

They could add additional scenarios from after recruiting Red and leaving Midgar.

Deleted member 721

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ok, the brazilian government released the files explaining the rating i will translate, the number indicates the age rate of the item,

*they made the analysis through videos and text, not by the full game

Rating trends:

Nonviolent Weapon (Everyone)
Moderate or insinuated licit drug use (Everyone);
Unrealistic Violence (Everyone);
Distress (10 years);
Violent Weapon (10 years);
Verbal Aggression (12 years);
Sexual Appeal (12 years) );
Violent act (12 years);
Licit drug use (12 years);
Description of violence (12 years);
Corpse exposure (12 years);
Foul language (12 years);
Eroticization (14 years);
Sexual exploitation (14 years);
Intentional death (14 years);

Final age rating: 14
here's the file who wants to check
portal.mj.gov.br/ClassificacaoIndicativa/jsps/JogosJustificativaForm.do?download_action=&tbclassificacaojogo_analise=null&tbdocumento_numerodoc=08017.001790/2019-91&numeroProcesso=08017.001790/2019-91

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Unless those brand new, additional scenarios are like 20+ hours, I doubt it's worth it just to have Red playable. It's unrealistic.

Yeah, it really doesn't make sense to build an entire moveset and combat system for a character who will get like an hour of screentime at most before the game grinds to a halt and cuts to credits. This is honestly why Episode 1 should've stopped at Junon instead of leaving Midgar. At least then there'd be enough time to properly introduce Red and get some play out of him.

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Yeah... in the original we don't even get the Main Theme until hitting the overworld, so there's either some fuckery going on and we might get a taste of the overworld at the end of the game or they are introducing the theme earlier in the game while IN Midgar (most likely).

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah... in the original we don't even get the Main Theme until hitting the overworld, so there's either some fuckery going on and we might get a taste of the overworld at the end of the game or they are introducing the theme earlier in the game while IN Midgar (most likely).

It's a piano remix, so maybe it's the title screen.

Gaia Lanzer

Oct 25, 2017
We are under the assumption the story beats will remain the same.

They could add additional scenarios from after recruiting Red and leaving Midgar.
Some others, as well as myself, think that because you spend more time in Midgar, they might change the capture of Aerith and Red XIII. Instead of the scene where Hojo puts Aerith in the containment unit with Red XIII happening in Shinra HQ, there might be a separate Shinra Lab located somewhere else in Midgar and everything regarding "rescuing Aerith" will take place in THAT area, while storming Shinra HQ (no doubt for a different reason) will be separate.

FrostweaveBandage

Unshakable Resolve
Sep 27, 2019
Some others, as well as myself, think that because you spend more time in Midgar, they might change the capture of Aerith and Red XIII. Instead of the scene where Hojo puts Aerith in the containment unit with Red XIII happening in Shinra HQ, there might be a separate Shinra Lab located somewhere else in Midgar and everything regarding "rescuing Aerith" will take place in THAT area, while storming Shinra HQ (no doubt for a different reason) will be separate.

Good thinking, there. I am of the opinion we could see Red in the sewers, where, as he was an uncooperative specimen for Hojo, he was summarily dumped off to be consumed by Aps (Abzu) and that the party encounters Red after this fight.

Alternatively, you could get Red at another time, and you could in theory still have the scene with Red and Aerith in Shinra HQ as they could both potentially be captured by Shinra during Platefall.

I don't know how I necessarily feel about either of these ideas, but these would be ways to expand the story without fundamentally changing it (e.g. not having Red as playable at all in Shinra HQ and the post-game).

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
I fully expect him to be in the game. He's in Midgar in the original and I 100% expect them not to change it to the point where he doesn't appear in Midgar.

But I do think there's a fair chance he won't be fully playable.

BlueTsunami

Oct 29, 2017
No Red XIII means I cancel my pre-order.

Just kidding, I'd just be massively disappointed.

They're obviously holding off on showing him. Seems like he would be a late game addition too if this game is truly contained to just Midgar.

Yeah, it really doesn't make sense to build an entire moveset and combat system for a character who will get like an hour of screentime at most before the game grinds to a halt and cuts to credits. This is honestly why Episode 1 should've stopped at Junon instead of leaving Midgar. At least then there'd be enough time to properly introduce Red and get some play out of him.

If Junon is the cutoff point, I demand they maintain Yuffie as an acquirable character

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia

Firstly, it would be far from the first time an RPG has a playable character show up for only a short time - it's just that they're usually guest characters. Secondly, unless the following games have totally revamped gameplay (unlikely), Nanaki's combat system is going to need to be designed anyway for the future games - there's no reason it couldn't be made early and included in this game.

I personally hope they expand the end of the game to give him more time in the spotlight, but we shall see.

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
Yes there is. The same reason why they are making multiple games in the first place. Time constraints.

What time constraints? Building his combat system now rather than later wouldn't take any extra time, it would just trade some work from part 2 to part 1. If anything, it would actually reduce the waiting time between games, which would be better than getting part 1 slightly earlier but having a longer wait, especially if it means they don't have to contrive some dumb reason for Nanaki to not fight until Part 2.

They're making multiple games because if they tried to make one game, it would be $200 and come out for PS4 close to the PS6 launch, looking dated and inferior. The two things are completely unrelated.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
I'll be 100% honest.

I'm a LITTLE WORRIED we haven't seen even a mention of Red XIII.

Like, not even in the party menu. We are essentially 3 months away, and a major character is still MIA.

I'm worried because I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they move him out of Midgar or make him non-playable in Part 1.
Red is in, I'm sure.

Don't expect him to get a lot of screentime tho since he's so late an addition in the midgar arc.

I'm expecting there to be a super boss or two and an optional dungeon/original endgame content made for this episode to help pad out the playtime so I think people that want to spend some more time with him in the party will get it in one form or another.

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
Red is in, I'm sure.

Don't expect him to get a lot of screentime tho since he's so late an addition in the midgar arc.

I'm expecting there to be a super boss or two and an optional dungeon/original endgame content made for this episode to help pad out the playtime so I think people that want to spend some more time with him in the party will get it in one form or another.

I do remember Matthew Mercer posting that Red XIII Halloween pumpkin.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how will Red be voiced in the game. If I remember correctly in Advent Children the 2 lines he had were of an English Accent.

Edit: Why hasn't SE announced the full Soundtrack for the game yet?

I have money set aside for it. Probably trying to keep where the game ends secret.

Last edited:

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
I was just thinking this morning about the Midgar Zolom. One of the funniest mistranslations of a monster's name in the game imo, since the translator was obviously not acquainted with the Norse mythology so many names in FFVII are based on - it's supposed to be Midgardsormr (aka Jormungandr aka the World Serpent).

Other FFs use the proper name, but I wonder if they're going to fix the translation this time around. It's part of such a cool, iconic scene too.

I hope they make it as big as it is in God of War XD

Ezi0

Oct 28, 2017
Can't make a thread and apologise if this has been posted but the music looping bug in FF7 on PS4 has finally been patched!

adz2ka

Nov 1, 2017
Uhhh that sounds like the world map version of the main theme right? Could we be going to Kalm?

I reckon it will be played during a cutscene overlooking the bridge/highway out of Midgar as we cut to credits. I doubt SE would build additional assets outside of Midgar.

I would be very, very happy to be wrong in this instance however.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People really think they will develop 4 parts? This will be a 3 part series. at most.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
I reckon it will be played during a cutscene overlooking the bridge/highway out of Midgar as we cut to credits. I doubt SE would build additional assets outside of Midgar.

I would be very, very happy to be wrong in this instance however.
They have created assets outside of Midgar, since there are flashbacks to other places during Midgar. And since they'd have to make various assets eventually, why not make some now? 🥳

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
People really think they will develop 4 parts? This will be a 3 part series. at most.
That's fair enough, I just wanted to include the main 4 players on each part. I do think 4 parts is possible if they really want the meteor cliffhanger at part 3 and have the ending of part 2 being a new set piece at the return to modern say Nibelheim.

Banzai

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Told myself I would wait for the eventual complete collection...yeah right, as if I was ever gonna make it. Just preordered.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
4 would kill it, imo, unless they came out quite quickly. Would definitely expect an Episode 3 situation then otherwise.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
3 at least, 4 at most imo.
I think 4 is a very real possibility.
The main argument for 4, is about the placement of having an infinity war style cliffhanger where Sephiroth wins, summons meteor and the team is captured for execution with Cloud disappearing into the life stream. Now you could make this the end of part 2, but then part 2 has 80% of the world and enemies in it, which may not make sense practically for game development. So you have part 2 focus on flashback Nibelheim to modern day Nibelheim, and part 3 focusing on islands like Wutai/Mideel and the natural and lost worlds like the norther contents and the ruins of the ancients, which is very thematic.

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
The main argument for 4, is about the placement of having an infinity war style cliffhanger where Sephiroth wins, summons meteor and the team is captured for execution with Cloud disappearing into the life stream. Now you could make this the end of part 2, but then part 2 has 80% of the world and enemies in it, which may not make sense practically for game development. So you have part 2 focus on flashback Nibelheim to modern day Nibelheim, and part 3 focusing on islands like Wutai/Mideel and the natural and lost worlds like the norther contents and the ruins of the ancients, which is very thematic.

This. Originally I was thinking that Part 1 could go to Junon and part 2 to the big cliffhanger, but now that we know Part 1 is just Midgar, I can't see how they could make the whole world outside of Midgar in one part. Maybe they could do 2 parts with Aerith's death being the mid-point, but that seems off to me. The characters (and players) should be forced to immediately continue on after her death, like in the original game.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The wrong mindset imo is thinking they will expand the whole game as they're doing with Midgar, sure they will expand it to an extend but it won't be like part 1 if I had to guess.

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
The wrong mindset imo is thinking they will expand the whole game as they're doing with Midgar, sure they will expand it to an extend but it won't be like part 1 if I had to guess.

That doesn't matter. It's not about simple expansion of the game's story or average completion time or whatever, it's about the sheer number of huge and wildly different locations that need to be made. Even if they just did a straight adaptation of Kalm-to-Northern Crater with no expansion, it would still be a mind-boggling amount of work with very little asset reuse.

On the other hand, going with 4 parts where each part sees fewer locations but more time spent in those locations, with additional expansion, detail, story, etc. is much more feasible.

Status
Not open for further replies.