• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Should this thread contain open spoilers?

• Yes

Votes: 1,406 73.4%
  • No

Votes: 510 26.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
Seriously. I've never ever seen charaters talk like this ever in an SE game. I'm no expert or anything, but it was so organic. Someone compared it to Uncharted levels of dialogue, and that's possibly one of the best comparisons I would make.
Ya, I think that was Tim Gettys that said it reminded him of Uncharted.

I loved what you said about the game being specifically designed to tug at the heart strings of players who remember the game almost perfectly like we do. Rip my heart out. I've waited 20 years for this.

Balfour

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Max hyping the hell out of this game right now

tumblr_maso8uHeyA1qbn69no1_500.gif

tumblr_maso8uHeyA1qbn69no2_500.gif

CRIMSON-XIII

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
Wonder which summons they will put in the first game and if they will get new designs or stick close to the FF7 designs

The Mobius art for FF7 Shiva is great. Seeing her like this in the Remake would be pretty cool
f709a7588b882c34cd968369077ed901.jpg

Ifrit I think still looks good as well.

9b34f2fa227867be703b5e3b3787a0b3.jpg
So far, they have revealed pre order bonuses for Carbuncle and for the Chocobo? ,, I would not expect big summons. There was some leak that mentioned a new wolf summon right ? (Not the Red XIII character). Maybe they will add some smaller ones like that.

I expect the open world next game to have summons in big size.

Maximilian

The Dood
Verified
Feb 19, 2019
From the behind closed doors full Bombing Run and the playable demo...FF7R is absolutely the RE2 remake of this years E3.

Balfour

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So far, they have revealed pre order bonuses for Carbuncle and for the Chocobo? ,, I would not expect big summons. There was some leak that mentioned a new wolf summon right ? (Not the Red XIII character). Maybe they will add some smaller ones like that.

I think they adding new summons in this game so they don't have to move the summons you get after midgar. So they making smaller, weaker summons that make sense to have

Tetsujin

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
All those impressions almost sound too good to be true. Those are going to be 9 very long months.

Love what I'm hearing about Jessie. She sounds so cool lol

Mikebison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really hope they just put summons on a resource bar you fill up.

The summons looked fucking incredible in XV but the method of summoning them was mind bendingly shit.

Balfour

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I really hope they just put summons on a resource bar you fill up.

The summons looked fucking incredible in XV but the method of summoning them was mind bendingly shit.

it'll work the same as it did in FF7, just translated to a new battle system

We know some of Barret's skills cost 2 ATB

so I assume depending on the strength of the summon, it will cost 1-2 ATBs and a proportionate amount of MP and that's it

CRIMSON-XIII

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
From the behind closed doors full Bombing Run and the playable demo...FF7R is absolutely the RE2 remake of this years E3.
Did you get a sense that we would be able to drive around Midgar via the highway system with the motorcycle back and forth as we chose? It would be cool to be able to go between sectors while on top of the train or to ride the motorcycle. Maybe an avalanche member has a mission in a new area we have never seen and we have to ride there?

I have a hard time believing we are going straight to the next event of FFVIIs classic story with cutscene transitions. It feels like midgar is almost open world based on the scale. The opening cutscene span out of Midgar shows Aerith near that Loveless theater/building. And later , we see Cloud in the gameplay walking around about to pass that exact corner for sure. When i see the highway chase in the trailer that early on, I can only hope!

FFXV was really chill in the driving regard, this game could do that in a more epic and explosive way. It does not have to be GTA with every block with driving or riding through it, but the highway that loops around would be sick!

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah there are the bonus ones but it would be weird if the game has summons but only the ones that are bonuses

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
All of this sounds great. Cloud is so sassy that now it sucks that I gotta wait for Zack.

Tbh, my biggest concern characterwise is Aerith at this point.

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
Seriously. I've never ever seen charaters talk like this ever in an SE game. I'm no expert in SE voice dialogue, but it was so organic. Someone compared it to Uncharted levels of dialogue, and that's possibly one of the best comparisons I would make.
This makes me very happy. The party banter in XV was pretty great at times and really sold the groups dynamic and personalities while also feeling pretty natural, hearing that they've seemingly significantly improved upon that is exciting.

Glass Arrows

Jan 10, 2019
Seriously. I've never ever seen charaters talk like this ever in an SE game. I'm no expert in SE voice dialogue, but it was so organic. Someone compared it to Uncharted levels of dialogue, and that's possibly one of the best comparisons I would make.
I'm genuinely kind of stunned to hear this because SE is incredibly hit or miss when it comes to dialogue. FFXIV I hear is pretty good, and XV's localization is usually regarded as one of the better parts of the game from what I've heard, but most of their material featuring their older characters leaves a lot to be desired.

I didn't have high hopes given how poorly I think of Nojima as a writer these days but maybe the localization team is working some magic or he and Nomura got their act together. Whatever the case may be, it's encouraging.

If the character interactions and overall personalities are on-point that honestly removes my main worry for this game which I've had since the start (minus the whole splitting it thing).

Yabberwocky

Oct 27, 2017
Jessie might be one of my favorite characters from the demo of FF7R. Speak to her before going down to the reactor core, she says...

"Aww, you're talking to me instead of going down to the reactor? Well, I can wait but why don't you go head down there and blow her mind first."

While I still have time, Biggs is cutting a hole through a security fence as Cloud distracts some guards.

There's around six guards Cloud confronts, one says something close to 'Dont' move!' and another screams 'You stand no chance!"

Cloud reaches behind to holster his weapon.

Cloud: "That's my line."

Music crescendos while cloud rips out the sword and the player is given control. The guards continue to berate Cloud and his efforts during the fight, "Don't let him get away!" but cloud responds with one liners every time. "Should have tried harder." after smashing a Shinra guard into a wall.

It's fucking amazing.

yesssssssssssssssssssssssssss

It's so nice to have snarky Cloud back. Love the Jessie dialogue, too.

The game having more organic dialogue is exciting to hear! FFVIIR could potentially have the best FF localization since FFXII, then. Props to the localization team, I can't wait to see more footage.

Balfour

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
All of this sounds great. Cloud is so sassy that now it sucks that I gotta wait for Zack.

Tbh, my biggest concern characterwise is Aerith at this point.

If you mean the dementors and her being scared of them. Well I think that may be the tainted lifestream/geostigma coming into play early. She can hear the voices, but the tainted/Jenova stuff may be very harmful to her. We will see. SE doing a good job so far. So I am not gonna panic about it until more context is shown. I mean she seemed fine heading off on her own, leaving Cloud and Tifa. So I doubt she is scared of everything

I hope you're right.

I am quite certain that is how it will be. Can't see them bringing in that mechanic from FFXV

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
If you mean the dementors and her being scared of them. Well I think that may be the tainted lifestream/geostigma coming into play early. She can hear the voices, but the tainted/Jenova stuff may be very harmful to her. We will see. SE doing a good job so far. So I am not gonna panic about it until more context is shown. I mean she seemed fine heading off on her own, leaving Cloud and Tifa. So I doubt she is scared of everything

I am quite certain that is how it will be. Can't see them bringing in that mechanic from FFXV

Yeah, I saw some complaints about that scene, but it didn't really bother me. I'm just hoping they remember that Aerith was kinda a sassy jerk as well, not just the super sweet saintly martyr that she seemed to be after her death.

Balfour

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I saw some complaints about that scene, but it didn't really bother me. I'm just hoping they remember that Aerith was kinda a sassy jerk as well, not just the super sweet saintly martyr that she seemed to be after her death.

Oh yeah. Aerith was still human. She teased Cloud all the time and strung along. She is like anyone else, just kinder than most. The entire Wall Market stuff of her just screwing with Cloud was great.

I am sure it'll be fine. But this is SE, so they could prove me wrong

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Amarok? It was a fake leak.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
While I still have time, Biggs is cutting a hole through a security fence as Cloud distracts some guards.

There's around six guards Cloud confronts, one says something close to 'Dont' move!' and another screams 'You stand no chance!"

Cloud reaches behind to holster his weapon.

Cloud: "That's my line."

Music crescendos while cloud rips out the sword and the player is given control. The guards continue to berate Cloud and his efforts during the fight, "Don't let him get away!" but cloud responds with one liners every time. "Should have tried harder." after smashing a Shinra guard into a wall.

It's fucking amazing.

This is something special, isn't it? God, this is going to be SO GOOD.

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017

That's the feeling I got from the trailer just from the Tifa "I feel trapped" line.

doodlebob

Mar 11, 2018
Seeing Jessie get fleshed out and knowing she dies at the end of the first game...lol.

That's the one really sucky thing about this being a remake. I can't really buy into the stakes if I already know what's going to happen.

Last edited:

Yabberwocky

Oct 27, 2017

I loved Aerith's sass so much (along with how headstrong she is), and like Cloud being a bit of a snarky asshole, it's something that's been missing from both their characters since the original game. That being said, FFVIIR seems to have nailed both Cloud and Tifa's characters, and they feel more like their OG counterparts again, so I'm cautiously optimistic for Aerith as well.

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
While I'm not worried about the music overall, I will say I'm not super crazy about the boss theme remix we hear here. A remix/mash-up of those two themes are great in concept but I feel like it loses a bit of its personality amidst the bombastic orchestral symphony stuff going on.

doodlebob

Mar 11, 2018
Also, I really want to see elements of new additions to Midgar in the next trailer. What they've shown so far is stuff from OG FFVII.

I'd love to see stuff above the plate with cars on the roads like in the E3 2015 CG trailer. This won't have a day-night cycle for sure since it doesn't really need to, but seeing the more shiny parts of Midgar during the day would be nice. It would also deliver on something FFXV never could since the invasion got cancelled.

While I'm not worried about the music overall, I will say I'm not super crazy about the boss theme remix we hear here. A remix/mash-up of those two themes are great in concept but I feel like it loses a bit of its personality amidst the bombastic orchestral symphony stuff going on.

I'm not a big fan of it either. It's a track that has multiple stages it seems depending on the situation, but even the first stage of that track is already way too bombastic. So, when the track ramped up as the Guard Scorpion was at its last bit of health, it really didn't sound any more exciting.

Out of everything they've shown off, the music is probably the only thing that I don't like, but it stands out because every else looks so amazing.

Last edited:

McScroggz

The Fallen
Jan 11, 2018
Jade WEAPON from Before Crisis could show up

Yeah, I think that's a good point. Obviously it doesn't fit within the structure of the original Final Fantasy VII timeline, but as far as I'm concerned everything other than the original story for VII is fair game to be adapted and changed. It gives us more time with Turks, and I'd be a little bummed if there wasn't an optional boss on every Part they release.

Also please add Gilgamesh at some point. Correct your mistake Square Enix.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder what the new info will be about...

Turks? Rufus? Summon Materia? Aerith's mother?

So much to reveal yet.

jb1234

Very low key
Oct 25, 2017

It veers too close to movie trailer music at points.

Toth

Oct 26, 2017
Now to see how progression is going to work between episodes....
1. Will there be a max level or can you go to 99?
2. Superbosses...?
3. Will levels carry over (and destroy any balance in the next episode)?

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Now to see how progression is going to work between episodes....
1. Will there be a max level or can you go to 99?
2. Superbosses...?
3. Will levels carry over (and destroy any balance in the next episode)?

I don't know why levels would carry over, we're talking about different games. And the max levels Will probably be 99 like usual.

Talal

Unbreakable
Oct 25, 2017
One thing I really like about what we've seen of the remake is the difference in playstyle between Cloud and Barrett. As much as i like the first one, character selection was pretty useless and up to preference. Hope they flesh it out and make every character useful in different ways without limits. (And get rid of cait sith)

Balfour

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I do want to see an optional powerful boss. Like an escaped experiment of Hojo's or the VR room from Crisis Core

I also want to see some challenge difficulty or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.