• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Should this thread contain open spoilers?

• Yes

Votes: 1,406 73.4%
  • No

Votes: 510 26.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Wonder which summons they will put in the first game and if they will get new designs or stick close to the FF7 designs

The Mobius art for FF7 Shiva is great. Seeing her like this in the Remake would be pretty cool
f709a7588b882c34cd968369077ed901.jpg

Ifrit I think still looks good as well.

9b34f2fa227867be703b5e3b3787a0b3.jpg

OP
OP
ArkhamFantasy

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
What does Hiroyuki Ito even do anymore at Square? I guess he's happy wasting away and getting paid to twiddle his thumbs and spin in his chair all day.

This 3 year old interview from RPG site is the last we've heard of him publicly. https://www.rpgsite.net/interview/3...-with-final-fantasy-producer-shinji-hashimoto

I can see Nomura-san's crew need the room back for their next interview, so I'm going to wrap up by betraying my inner fan and ask a more specific talent question - Hiroyuki Ito, the creator of ATB, the director of FF9 - my favourite, which of course you produced - and FF12... Is he still at the company - and is he working on anything that we already know about?

Hashimoto: [laughs] You're a very unique journalist, asking about Ito-san! Yeah. He's still at Square Enix. He's been planning and doing some proposals for a new project at the moment, so... Really, he's the kind of guy that wants to challenge new things all the time, so, yeah. At the moment, he's doing... [laughs] He's putting some ideas together.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
This 3 year old interview from RPG site is the last we've heard of him publicly. https://www.rpgsite.net/interview/3...-with-final-fantasy-producer-shinji-hashimoto

lol

Hashimoto be like "why would anyone ask about this guy."

His last significant project was a PS2 game. Do we really wanna him to jump straight to the PS5 just like that? Knowing SE's track record with modern HD game development?

Why not, a guy who has never directed a single game (except for being the "proejct leader" of a mobile game) is co-directing the Remake.

Tsar Pharaoh

Nov 29, 2017
I don't think the mods have ever actually made a public post about why, but Moriarty is known for espousing racist and sexist views. Essentially, he's become part of alt-right Twitter, and with Era's mission of providing a diverse, respectful place to discuss games, Moriarty doesn't really fit into that.
Oh ok、 makes since since he "left" kinda funny and all that drama.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Did they confirm optional Weapons are gonna be in the game? I remember beating Emerald Weapon but only after following a magazine guide back in the day. Did some lucky 7 limit breaks with hero drinks on loop. Did also played a huge role. Those were the days lol

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm sure this has been posted already, but my God do the gameplay and graphics look incredible. This boss fight is so much better than in the original. The slow down stuff not only looks really cool, but also means that in a way you do still get pseudo turn based combat. This gameplay vid deserves its own thread. Sorry for the YT user mirror, if someone finds a better YouTube link let me know.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Did they confirm optional Weapons are gonna be in the game? I remember beating Emerald Weapon but only after following a magazine guide back in the day. Did some lucky 7 limit breaks with hero drinks on loop. Did also played a huge role. Those were the days lol

This game is stuck in Midgar.

OP
OP
ArkhamFantasy

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017

The weapons shouldn't be showing up in Midgar, so not in this game.

I'd be shocked if they were cut out of the project entirely, they said they're keeping anything that was well received from the original. They'll absolutely be there, just not in the first game.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
This game is stuck in Midgar.
The weapons shouldn't be showing up in Midgar, so not in this game.

I'd be shocked if they were cut out of the project entirely, they said they're keeping anything that was well received from the original. They'll absolutely be there, just not in the first game.
Sure I can live with that. It would be pretty cool fighting a towering Weapon. I'd imagine it would be like fighting Titan from FF15.

Maximilian

The Dood
Verified
Feb 19, 2019
Can confirm that Barret staggering an enemy resulted in the following, eloquent line of dialogue...

"SHIT YEA!"

Maximilian

The Dood
Verified
Feb 19, 2019
I'll do my best to recall some dialogue during the elevator sequence with Jessie/Barret. This is with the same 'Get Help' line that many have spoken about before.

Barret starts giving a hefty speech during the elevator ride that Jessie/Cloud begin somewhat scoff at. This isn't exact, but as I remember.

"The planet's being sucked dry! And it's alive just like us. We bleed red, n' the planet bleeds green. And every day, they're draining it away. While you breath, while you eat, while you SHIT! Shinra'll never stop!"

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll do my best to recall some dialogue during the elevator sequence with Jessie/Barret. This is with the same 'Get Help' line that many have spoken about before.

Barret starts giving a hefty speech during the elevator ride that Jessie/Cloud begin somewhat scoff at. This isn't exact, but as I remember.

"The planet's being sucked dry! And it's alive just like us. We bleed red, n' the planet bleeds green. And every day, they're draining it away. While you breath, while you eat, while you SHIT! Shinra'll never stop!"

OMG

THIS IS SO GOOD

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
I noticed Barret even says "This one's for the planet!" while using the Fire-in-the-Hole attack on Guard Scorpion. I love how much they're leaning into his single-mindedness about it.

Just filling in all those little details we had to imagine ourselves.

Maximilian

The Dood
Verified
Feb 19, 2019
Jessie might be one of my favorite characters from the demo of FF7R. Speak to her before going down to the reactor core, she says...

"Aww, you're talking to me instead of going down to the reactor? Well, I can wait but why don't you go head down there and blow her mind first."

Ruruja

Oct 25, 2017
Jessie might be one of my favorite characters from the demo of FF7R. Speak to her before going down to the reactor core, she says...

"Aww, you're talking to me instead of going down to the reactor? Well, I can wait but why don't you go head down there and blow her mind first."

Really liking her voice actor from what little I've heard.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017

Did not expect too see good dialogue from SE in the year of our lord 2019.

Spehornoob

Nov 15, 2017
Holy shit.
HOLY SHIT.

I never expected dialogue like that in a Final Fantasy game. It sounds so good.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
Jessie's death will affect me more than Aerith's
It did in the original game for me.

Somewhat undeservedly, because in replays I've realized how little dialogue Jessie, Biggs, and Wedge actually have in the game (and their final lines as you walk up those stairs to Reno are all very brief), but again, my imagination was filling in the details.

Maximilian

The Dood
Verified
Feb 19, 2019
While I still have time, Biggs is cutting a hole through a security fence as Cloud distracts some guards.

There's around six guards Cloud confronts, one says something close to 'Dont' move!' and another screams 'You stand no chance!"

Cloud reaches behind to holster his weapon.

Cloud: "That's my line."

Music crescendos while cloud rips out the sword and the player is given control. The guards continue to berate Cloud and his efforts during the fight, "Don't let him get away!" but cloud responds with one liners every time. "Should have tried harder." after smashing a Shinra guard into a wall.

It's fucking amazing.

Spehornoob

Nov 15, 2017
While I still have time, Biggs is cutting a hole through a security fence as Cloud distracts some guards.

There's around six guards Cloud confronts, one says something close to 'Dont' move!' and another screams 'You stand no chance!"

Music crescendos while cloud rips out the sword and the player is given control. The guards continue to berate Cloud and his efforts during the fight, "Don't let him get away!" but cloud responds with one liners every time. "Should have tried harder." after smashing a Shinra guard into a wall.

It's fucking amazing.
What is this.

How is Square Enix doing this.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017

It's fucking amazing.

Fuck man i am loving all this new dialogue .
Really looking forward to see how they expand stuff.

Balfour

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

It's fucking amazing.

Cloud during all of this:

586228019287556166.png

Status
Not open for further replies.