• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Should this thread contain open spoilers?

• Yes

Votes: 1,406 73.4%
  • No

Votes: 510 26.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

APZonerunner

Features Editor at VG247.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
England
Kitase directed some of the best games in the series. Always felt sad he left directing

I always felt like in the FF6 crew Sakaguchi had created two perfect heirs, in that Kitase is really a very talented director who perhaps isn't as great at game design - which makes sense because Kitase never wanted to do games initially, he wanted to work in film - and Ito, who is just one of the most talented game systems designers in Japan. They did a great job together (I mean, no surprise, those two skill sets is a potent combo), and it certainly felt like the intention was then to split them up - so you had Kitase doing 8 and 10 and Ito doing 9 and helping Matsuno heavily on tactics, but the two then prompted up further so quickly we sadly didn't get much more directorial stuff from them, which is a shame.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
Yeah, it's a big shame. Although it does seem like Kitase might be more hands-on here, he clearly has a lot of love for VII. But Ito... man. These two men have worked on my favourite games ever (VI, VII and IX. VIII is also way up there despite its flaws).

Is it still foolish to hope that Ito is working on XVI??? He most likely isn't :(

Deleted member 721

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I always felt like in the FF6 crew Sakaguchi had created two perfect heirs, in that Kitase is really a very talented director who perhaps isn't as great at game design - which makes sense because Kitase never wanted to do games initially, he wanted to work in film - and Ito, who is just one of the most talented game systems designers in Japan. They did a great job together (I mean, no surprise, those two skill sets is a potent combo), and it certainly felt like the intention was then to split them up - so you had Kitase doing 8 and 10 and Ito doing 9 and helping Matsuno heavily on tactics, but the two then prompted up further so quickly we sadly didn't get much more directorial stuff from them, which is a shame.
since we are talking about Ito, can i request an Ito interview? lots of final fantasy fans wants to know whats up with him, its been a long time since we heard of him

signal

Oct 28, 2017
vyYOhGC.png

Deleted member 6263

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't notice the "Command Menu" option in the remake screenshot til just now. Wonder what that'll pull up when you're walking around outside of battle.

Umbrella Carp

Banned
Jan 16, 2019
Has anyone picked up on any discussions about whether this will be PS4 Pro enhanced? I very much doubt this game could run at 4K but a better framerate at 1080p would be nice.

Deleted member 6263

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Last edited:

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
God I hope the private demo Max talked about is the rumored public demo for PSN.

Deleted member 721

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
81sDQ0ZNmnL._SL1500_.jpg

another pic from the theme
the source is the japanese amazon, idk if its the same theme of the digital deluxe version or if its exclusive to japan

OP
OP
ArkhamFantasy

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
Some notorious issues SE had to deal with last gen

-Growing pains of HD development
-Having to build their own HD engine
-Complexities of the cell architecture and a growing Xbox platform with a different architecture from PS3 and limited disc space.

None of these are an issue with FF7 Remake, kind of amazing to see what they can do with the shackles taken off.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Some notorious issues SE had to deal with last gen

-Growing pains of HD development
-Having to build their own HD engine
-Complexities of the cell architecture and a growing Xbox platform with a different architecture from PS3 and limited disc space.

None of these are an issue with FF7 Remake, kind of amazing to see what they can do with the shackles taken off.

Don't forget the Toriyama model of "We must protect her like a fragile rose" storytelling.

There's a reason so many people cheered wildly at the "My turn" part of the trailer.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Nine months is a hell of a lot of time, we have to do something.

For sure. I find I'm getting a bit more out of it now that I'm an adult and can think about the politics in more depth and laugh at some of the stupid stuff like Wedge basically falling off a skyscraper and not dying instantly but having enough breath to say a few last words to Cloud.

Last edited:

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
True. Refreshing this thread every 5mins can't continue.

Right!?

For sure. I find I'm getting a bit more out of it now that I'm an adult and can think about the politics in more depth and laugh at some of the stupid stuff like Wedge falling basically falling off a skyscraper and not dying instantly but having enough breath to say a few last words to Cloud.

For sure, I played the game a looot of times but it's been probably a decade since my last time. I was looking for bosses in Midgar and found that I don't remember half of them.

My only fear is playing and having the desire of doing everything and I don't want that lol.

But yeah, understanding things better is good motvation!

Gaia Lanzer

Oct 25, 2017
Here's the summon list for FF VII:

There are 16. But as we could see with the pre-order bonus, they aren't following this to heart. I hope they add Anima.
Meh, I always thought Anima was overrated. Also, wasn't it just based (design-wise) on
Ultimecia's final form? [ /SPOILER]

I'm looking forward to more if they plan on introducing more support/defensive summons. Anima was an offensive summon (all of FFX's summons were). All of FFVII's summons were offensive, but the fact they have Carbuncle included in 1st Class edition shows they might be open to using new summons that aren't big attack spells, but will heal or cast spells such as Protect, Shell, Haste, Reflect and such on your party. Maybe we'll get Lakshmi or Kirin.

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
In the Third installment, after his theory takes place and meteor comes to Gaia, Hojo will sit on a balcony, admiring the sky of a 'greatful' planet.

Status
Not open for further replies.