• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Should this thread contain open spoilers?

• Yes

Votes: 1,406 73.4%
  • No

Votes: 510 26.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
The Ultimania Archive is so daamn good, gonna have to order Vol1 and 3 as well even if I'm not as big a fan of those titles as I am for VII-IX.

Oct 31, 2017

She just looks like something straight out of Tekken

f79886e6c17a46c63a34e64226bc9bf2.jpg

I much prefer this outfit tbh

I'll get over it though lol

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
More people playing the game (this is a Spanish videogame website I love, about the only one I honestly read in any language really).

Really cool venue, I don't know if it's in Spain or if they travelled (to another European country or the US). And I love the Remake Buster Sword, hated the one in the Compilation.

I really wonder when we are getting the previews. We are a month and a half until the game's release so it has to be at least a month before the reviews drop in.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Will never not dislike Tifa's remake outfit. A needlessly busy take on her classic outfit and messed up color distribution with how so much is now black, its like someone took Tifa in her classic outfit into a character creator then just added extra shit to it and made everything black.

Seriously hope they announce a classic outfit soon

Last edited:

Deleted member 721

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i like tiffa current outfit and design, but i feel that the hair is kinda off, the render is very good but there's a drop of quality in-game that looks a little off, i feel that if they follow the renders as the ps5 in-game she will be perfect
Hjr7uZj.jpg

ultima786

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
She just looks like something straight out of Tekken

f79886e6c17a46c63a34e64226bc9bf2.jpg

I much prefer this outfit tbh

I'll get over it though lol

Tifa's remake in-game model is fantastic. Her clothes are just kinda absurd and very sexualized. It's gonna be awkward when my family sees her on screen. She is absurdly attractive and it just looks over-the-top with that outfit: Look at the below, lol:

2532585df7a83a9305a5.59696005-FFVIIR_December-2019_Screenshots-4.jpg

If she had this same model but with the Advent Children outfit, I think it would be better. I hope they allow us to purchase some custom outfits asap.
cpwmSzg.png

LordofPwn

Oct 27, 2017
I really wonder when we are getting the previews. We are a month and a half until the game's release so it has to be at least a month before the reviews drop in.
as far as we know the embargo date is embargoed. my guess is week of march 2nd, game should be going gold around then and give everyone that's previewed the game a couple weeks to write up and prepare their coverage. review copies should be going out mid-late march if i had to guess and review embargo is probably April 9th. for reference KH3 and FFXV both had day before launch review embargoes.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
as far as we know the embargo date is embargoed. my guess is week of march 2nd, game should be going gold around then and give everyone that's previewed the game a couple weeks to write up and prepare their coverage. review copies should be going out mid-late march if i had to guess and review embargo is probably April 9th. for reference KH3 and FFXV both had day before launch review embargoes.

This makes perfect sense. Early march is really close though so we won't have to wait for long.

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
Tifa's remake in-game model is fantastic. Her clothes are just kinda absurd and very sexualized. It's gonna be awkward when my family sees her on screen. She is absurdly attractive and it just looks over-the-top with that outfit: Look at the below, lol:

If she had this same model but with the Advent Children outfit, I think it would be better. I hope they allow us to purchase some custom outfits asap.
cpwmSzg.png
Try explaining your way out of the situation when they walk in and Dio is flexing on screen.

Reanimatoin

Oct 26, 2017
Cleethorpes UK
Tifa's remake in-game model is fantastic. Her clothes are just kinda absurd and very sexualized. It's gonna be awkward when my family sees her on screen. She is absurdly attractive and it just looks over-the-top with that outfit

You must have a very conservative definition of "very sexualised". Also, "Absurd, awkward to my family, and over-the-top"? Where do you live my dude?

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
You must have a very conservative definition of "very sexualised". Also, "Absurd, awkward to my family, and over-the-top"? Where do you live my dude?
Lol, you can't claim Tifa isn't sexualized & objectified. She's not as bad as she could've been, luckily Nomura & Co showed some restraint unlike a big portion of their peers, but they could've done more to make her less objectified.

Reanimatoin

Oct 26, 2017
Cleethorpes UK
Lol, you can't claim Tifa isn't sexualized & objectified. She's not as bad as she could've been, luckily Nomura & Co showed some restraint unlike a big portion of their peers, but they could've done more to make her less objectified.
I absolutely can claim that. Attractive doesnt equal sexualised, and she sure as hell aint objectified. She's not being provocative, she's not showing herself off in suggestive ways, and aside from the Wall Market sequence the whole point is "look hot to get picked", she's never seen as just an object of desire at literally any point in the game (Except for Rude, but thats more of a schoolyard crush than anything else)

Every time I think of Tifa, I think "SPORTS BRA"

FWIW, I'm a gay male

It just looks kinda trashy to me

Sports bras are trashy? On a woman whos deal is that she's a fist fighter?
..............................ok

Oct 31, 2017

I had a feeling that I don't know what I'm talking about because, for instance, I wouldn't say that I think Vanille's design is "trashy" and yet she's just wearing a bra, and a much thinner one at that.

Maybe I just don't like the design of the bra? Maybe it's because it's white and it makes me think of underwear.

Nov 20, 2019

cpwmSzg.png
LOL her clothes are quite normal to me.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I had a feeling that I don't know what I'm talking about because, for instance, I wouldn't say that I think Vanille's design is "trashy" and yet she's just wearing a bra, and a much thinner one at that.

Maybe I just don't like the design of the bra? Maybe it's because it's white and it makes me think of underwear.

The sports bra is the black part underneath the tank top...

ultima786

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

To each their own, I guess. Just look at that picture. So many images of her jutting her chest forward, her rear jutting back. A more modest outfit would make those poses less an issue for a dad like me playing with younger children, or a religious household (like me also) whose family values modesty for both men and women.

I don't think I'm being unreasonable or prudish. She is not simply unbelievably attractive, she is dressed in a way that many of us would deem sexual and hot.

Like, look at Aerith. She is just as attractive and beautiful as Tifa, but the nature of her outfit changes the whole aura of her on screen.

Final-Fantasy-VII-Remake2.jpg

Unfortunately I have to post this behind-the-characters photo because it makes clear what I'm trying to get at.
QNhg6hB.png

Tifa has always been one of my mains. Her, Cloud, and Barret. I love them as characters, but the reality is that her outfit, although it is nostalgic for the OG ff7, it is also fanservice in other ways. That is how it appears to me and will come off to many others I bet.

Edit: I want to say that I don't want to offend anyone with this post, and sorry if I have. But I want to keep this as is because I think it's an important contribution to this discussion.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
I absolutely can claim that. Attractive doesnt equal sexualised, and she sure as hell aint objectified. She's not being provocative, she's not showing herself off in suggestive ways, and aside from the Wall Market sequence the whole point is "look hot to get picked", she's never seen as just an object of desire at literally any point in the game (Except for Rude, but thats more of a schoolyard crush than anything else)

I mean, you can claim that, but you are 100% unarguably wrong. Tifa is made to be a sexy character. They let some common sense win and gave her a slightly more reasonable outfit/form than the worst case scenario could've been, but it's simply ignorant trying to argue that Tifa isn't sexualized. She's not just attractive, she absolutely is sexualized & objectified with that tight top, big boobs and short skirt/whatever she's wearing.

Again, could've been worse (2B, Cidney, Quiet and their ilk), but her design is pretty far from problem free if we are talking about trying to push better, less sexist female character designs. She's about as good as a faithful reimagining of her OG FFVII outfit allows but they could've gone further with the changes to make her outfit seem like something more fitting of the setting/situation they are in.

Deleted member 721

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
she's using a skort and sports bra, ok its a more stylish skort its a leather one, but you see girls like that in the gym all the time and even girls that practice martial arts, i dont think its sexualized, its only a stylish version of a fighter girl
ffece53e2bde4b67ec6c8c69fd34b9bc.jpg

B_oMVK1MY_MZQiQrRJOW-OUbdk_OiOXqGTZUJWEux8fwMhuxwN4WLCGoeYeofjNgExeQN2sCGyXr4g5EBkrkbr6xlStnkcDv0uPIl0g8z_1H03_-jHohRZDHTTHCAcUDWKZR8As2

Moogle

Top Mog
Oct 27, 2017
she's using a skort and sports bra, ok its a more stylish skort its a leather one, but you see girls like that in the gym all the time and even girls that practice martial arts, i dont think its sexualized, its only a stylish version of a fighter girl
ffece53e2bde4b67ec6c8c69fd34b9bc.jpg

B_oMVK1MY_MZQiQrRJOW-OUbdk_OiOXqGTZUJWEux8fwMhuxwN4WLCGoeYeofjNgExeQN2sCGyXr4g5EBkrkbr6xlStnkcDv0uPIl0g8z_1H03_-jHohRZDHTTHCAcUDWKZR8As2

not seeing the tiny waist, narrow shoulders, toothpick arms, and lack of significant muscle mass on the photos you posted. Yes tifa is designed to look every part the gamer's sex dolly and outside of the corneo mission she is absurd. None of these defences are convincing. Her ac design is superior.

Deleted member 721

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
not seeing the tiny waist, narrow shoulders, toothpick arms, and lack of significant muscle mass on the photos you posted. Yes tifa is designed to look every part the gamer's sex dolly and outside of the corneo mission she is absurd. None of these defences are convincing. Her ac design is superior.
cloud is not a big muscular guy and uses a gigantic sword, this is a j-rpg

She isn't going to a MMA ring either. She also has big boobs and a curvier figure with almost no muscle mass.
she's going to fight, she's a fighter, her design makes sense to a fighter less the leather part, you could argue thats still is a revealing/sexy outfit but thats on par with reality so i dont think that could be considered sexualization

Turin

Oct 27, 2017
It was always gonna be some variation of Tifa's original outfit.

Really just wish they'd have given her more muscle mass.

cloud is not a big muscular guy and uses a gigantic sword, this is a j-rpg

she's going to fight, she's a fighter, her design makes sense to a fighter less the leather part, you could argue thats still is a revealing/sexy outfit but thats on par with reality so i dont think that could be considered sexualization
It is a videogame. Cloud isn't Guts in terms of physique and yet he carries a Buster Sword?

You're forgetting they wisely decided give Cloud more muscle mass than he initially had. Not enough to swing something like that in real life but enough to look good on screen.

Tifa would look much better if she looked stronger/more athletic.

LowParry

Oct 26, 2017
User Warned: Attempting to shut down discussion of sexism; antagonizing other users
Why can't y'all just be normal?

ultima786

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It was always gonna be some variation of Tifa's original outfit.

Really just wish they'd have given her more muscle mass.

You're forgetting they wisely decided give Cloud more muscle mass than he initially had. Not enough to swing something like that in real life but enough to look good on screen.

Tifa would look much better if she looked stronger/more athletic.
I think some of you are trying to suggest that having more "practical" assets and outfits will fix the problem. Not necessarily. The advent children outfit is just less sexualized. That's the bottom line.

Cheezeman3000

One Winged Slayer
Jan 5, 2018
All the women I've seen react to Tifa think it's a positive thing she's so hot and they want her to actually step on them. They see her as empowering. So, take that as you will.

Turin

Oct 27, 2017
^ Still more athletic than Tifa looks, who looks like a desk worker who does a lot of planks and crunches.

I think some of you are trying to suggest that having more "practical" assets and outfits will fix the problem. Not necessarily. The advent children outfit is just less sexualized. That's the bottom line.

I agree but there was never a realistic chance of that happening.

Moogle

Top Mog
Oct 27, 2017
Eylos Nice the angle is now it's fake when originally it was women in the gym supposedly dress and look like this in real life... reality check from a woman: no the fuck we do not. And skin tight leather thigh highs that restrict movement are the last thing someone would opt to fight for their life in, so no it doesn't make sense from the "she's a fighter" perspective, either. Cloud is a bad counterpoint. He has a lot more muscle than her, and isn't she supposedly one of the strongest martial artists in the game's world? Her relative frailty is a huge part of her sexualisation and cannot be divorced from the topic.

All the women I've seen react to Tifa think it's a positive thing she's so hot and they want her to actually step on them. They see her as empowering. So, take that as you will.

how convenient then that none of them are here to say so themselves. I notice you have a grand total of zero posts in the sexualized women's design thread so you clearly know a lot about the topic and are interested in other perspectives.

ultima786

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Eylos Nice the angle is now it's fake when originally it was women in the gym supposedly dress and look like this in real life... reality check from a woman: no the fuck we do not. And skin tight leather thigh highs that restrict movement are the last thing someone would opt to fight for their life in, so no it doesn't make sense from the "she's a fighter" perspective, either. Cloud is a bad counterpoint. He has a lot more muscle than her, and isn't she supposedly one of the strongest martial artists in the game's world? Her relative frailty is a huge part of her sexualisation and cannot be divorced from the topic.

how convenient then that none of them are here to say so themselves. I notice you have a grand total of zero posts in the sexualized women's design thread.
I am sympathetic to your point but posting in the "Sexualized Womens' Design thread" is not an argument. Some may sympathize and never post in there.

Moogle

Top Mog
Oct 27, 2017
I am sympathetic to your point but posting in the "Sexualized Womens' Design thread" is not an argument. Some may sympathize and never post in there.

my point is, it is a regular tactic of men attempting to shut down or divert the discussion to say 'this woman i know irl (who is not here and for all we know may not exist) thinks this and so it's not a problem.'

ultima786

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
my point is, it is a regular tactic of men attempting to shut down or divert the discussion to say 'this woman i know irl (who is not here and for all we know may not exist) thinks this and so it's not a problem.'
I think what they are trying to argue is that "athletic, sporty clothing" is more normal than we think it is.

I don't agree with that point and find it weak. But I think it's reasonable to reflect upon - it's not necessarily a tactic in some heinous sense.

Anyhow, if I'm given the choice of buying Tifa's AC outfit, im doing that right away.

Edit: just fyi, im a dude

Status
Not open for further replies.