• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Should this thread contain open spoilers?

• Yes

Votes: 1,406 73.4%
  • No

Votes: 510 26.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reanimatoin

Oct 26, 2017
Cleethorpes UK
I feel like the demo was originally intended to only be for media folks, and as such they'll have one more type of demo available at trade shows and such. I think we were not intended to get it. Even though it's out there already, giving it to millions more folks is perhaps even more dangerous. I don't think Square is going to release the demo to the public.
I'll say it again, the demo has a "Purchase" button on the main menu.

If it was just for media, that wouldnt be there

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
I could see them "inofficially" delaying the demo to perhaps clean it from some of the files after the leak. I'm not sure how much work that is and if that's even possible to get rid most of it without breaking the demo. Just a personal theory of mine.

Oct 30, 2017
I could see them "inofficially" delaying the demo to perhaps clean it from some of the files after the leak. I'm not sure how much work that is and if that's even possible to get rid most of it without breaking the demo. Just a personal theory of mine.

The files are already leaked, I don't think there would be much reason to do this.

It is a bit strange that if we were to get that demo in january or even February that they would be okay with all that stuff in it though. Did they not realize that? Or was the demo intended for after the release? This was going to happen regardless.

At this point just releasing the demo wouldn't change anything in terms of leaks and would probably be in everyone's best interest.

demu

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Without going into details, how much of the script/subtitles leak? I guess a lot, if some people are already complaining about the story...

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, this is weird now. The social media for the Remake is dead silent for more than a week now.

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
The files are already leaked, I don't think there would be much reason to do this.

It is a bit strange that if we were to get that demo in january or even February that they would be okay with all that stuff in it though. Did they not realize that? Or was the demo intended for after the release? This was going to happen regardless.

At this point just releasing the demo wouldn't change anything in terms of leaks and would probably be in everyone's best interest.

Yeah, I'm with you. It doesn't matter if they clean it up now and remove those files, after all they already leaked. But I could see the company (or the people in charge) thinking otherwise and thus demanding to remove that stuff. But then: That's just a silly guess of mine. We have no idea what they're thinking and planning.

The Last One

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I bet there won't be tons of CGi. In Kingdom Hearts III case all of the CGi across the game (save for the ending) Sora doesn't use his keyblade. Unfortunetely Cloud's Sword is always on his back so it can't be avoided.

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
I don't want to link it but someones actually playing the demo on a freaking Switch on YT right now and streaming it. What in the the fuck.. channel name PlayStation 4 Linux

LowParry

Oct 26, 2017
The lack of any response is wierd but I guess SE or Sony doesn't have to say anything on it. They could be dead silent about the whole thing till launch.

LordofPwn

Oct 27, 2017
How so? I was just theorising but I'm genuinely curious if that is indeed the case based on anything that's been shown to us so far!

in the data mining there's placeholder images with dates only as recent as June from what i've seen and lots of placeholder stuff from back in March of 2019, not to mention a lot of WIP images. there's no way this demo is a latest build cause there's no way they'd be able to finish the WIP stuff in a few weeks before it goes gold)
it's most likely the E3 Behind closed doors demo that's been polished up a bit based on gameshow impressions.

Oct 31, 2017
I bet there won't be tons of CGi. In Kingdom Hearts III case all of the CGi across the game (save for the ending) Sora doesn't use his keyblade. Unfortunetely Cloud's Sword is always on his back so it can't be avoided.

Many JRPG's have costume changes despite having CG/anime cutscenes. Hell even Final Fantasy XIII had differing weapon designs but had CG cutscenes with characters using their default costume/weapon. Early on, Snow wears this weird coat that has a bear design on his back, but it goes to default during pre-rendered or CG cutscenes.

And then of course there's games like the Tales of series where you can run around in a bikini wearing a giant pig mask with shades on top and then it'll transition to an anime cutscene with your default look. It's not a big deal. They're not gonna be like "ah shit we can't pre-render this because of weapon design changes"

The Last One

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Many JRPG's have costume changes despite having CG/anime cutscenes. Hell even Final Fantasy XIII had differing weapon designs but had CG cutscenes with characters using their default costume/weapon. Early on, Snow wears this weird coat that has a bear design on his back, but it goes to default during pre-rendered or CG cutscenes.

And then of course there's games like the Tales of series where you can run around in a bikini wearing a giant pig mask with shades on top and then it'll transition to an anime cutscene with your default look. It's not a big deal. They're not gonna be like "ah shit we can't pre-render this because of weapon design changes"

They clearly care for this now though since they made Sora attack Davy Jones in the CG with his bare hands lol

Oct 31, 2017
They clearly care for this now though since they made Sora attack Davy Jones in the CG with his bare hands lol

So one example= "they clearly care for this now"? It was probably much easier to direct than having Sora use a keyblade, Donald casting magic, and Goofy using his shield, esp. considering how flashy everything is in regular gameplay

Also, Sora uses his default keyblade during the pre-rendered ending scene

The Last One

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So one example= "they clearly care for this now"? It was probably much easier to direct than having Sora use a keyblade, Donald casting magic, and Goofy using his shield, esp. considering how flashy everything is in regular gameplay

I mean, it's not a coincidence that the only action sequences Sora doesn't wield his Keyblade are the CGi ones.

The Last One

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
they usualy make sora use the kingdom keyblade for cg, since you can change the keyblade design on the go its not that jarring

Yes but this just in openings and endings since those were usually the only CGi we used to get in the games. Kingdom Hearts III though had a bunch of CGi across the game and Sora only use his keyblade in the OP and ending.

Oct 31, 2017
I mean, it's not a coincidence that the only action sequences Sora doesn't wield his Keyblade are the CGi ones.

That's literally the only action-packed CG cutscene in the game tho. And like I said, the ending pre-rendered cutscene shows Sora using his default keyblade. If they really cared about consistency they wouldn't have him use the default stuff in the ending either. They used punches in the Pirate cutscene because it was easier to animate.

The Last One

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's literally the only action-packed CG cutscene in the game tho. And like I said, the ending pre-rendered cutscene shows Sora using his default keyblade.

But I said this in my initial post? The point is, they avoided to show his keyblade in CGi cutscenes in KH III save for the ending. They can't avoid to show Cloud's sword nor his currently equipped materia in his weapon.

Oct 31, 2017
But I said this in my initial post? The point is, they avoided to show his keyblade in CGi cutscenes in KH III save for the ending. They can't avoid to show Cloud's sword nor his currently equipped materia in his weapon.

Well in general the keyblade is never shown until Sora makes it appear out of thin air, and none of the CG cutscenes are action packed aside from the Pirates cutscene. Goofy, Donald, and Sora punching is far easier to animate and direct than Sora using a keyblade, Donald casting magic, and Donald hitting with his shield.

I can't imagine them randomly caring about consistency now.

And also a reminder, a CG cutscene doesn't have to include playable characters, either.

The Last One

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well in general the keyblade is never shown until Sora makes it appear out of thin air, and none of the CG cutscenes are action packed aside from the Pirates cutscene. Goofy, Donald, and Sora punching is far easier to animate and direct than Sora using a keyblade, Donald casting magic, and Donald hitting with his shield.

I can't imagine them randomly caring about consistency now.

And also a reminder, a CG cutscene doesn't have to include playable characters, either.

Yeah, actually they didn't show any CGi in trailer besided the opening, right? I'm expecting CGis without the main characters tbh (save for a few). Still not expecting tons of CGi anyway.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
the only CG cutscene I want to see in the entire remake series is a recreation of this one

with the exact same movement and expressions, please

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah, this is weird now. The social media for the Remake is dead silent for more than a week now.

I think it will only be weird if there's nothing this week.

Yeah, I'm with you. It doesn't matter if they clean it up now and remove those files, after all they already leaked. But I could see the company (or the people in charge) thinking otherwise and thus demanding to remove that stuff. But then: That's just a silly guess of mine. We have no idea what they're thinking and planning.

The more I think about it, yeah I wouldn't put it past them, maybe to keep further people from doing the same and circulating the hidden stuff.

Just release it Square.

Oct 31, 2017
Yeah, actually they didn't show any CGi in trailer besided the opening, right? I'm expecting CGis without the main characters tbh (save for a few). Still not expecting tons of CGi anyway.

Are you talking about KH3? If so, yeah all the trailers showed was parts of the opening, like half a second of the "Let It Go" cutscene, and 5 seconds of Kairi talking to Axel. You definitely wouldn't think it would have over 40 minutes of CGI based off of the trailers.

As for FFVIIR I'm not expecting a ton of CGI either, maaaybe like 20 minutes' worth (with probably 10 of that being the ending). But it makes you wonder why this game is 2 discs, considering the fact that KH3 has over 45 mins of pre-rendered CG scenes and uses the same engine and it's 1 disc.

Edit: oh KH3 only has 1 language option? If FFVIIR releases with multiple selectable languages that's probably what's taking up a ton of space

The Last One

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are you talking about KH3? If so, yeah all the trailers showed was parts of the opening, like half a second of the "Let It Go" cutscene, and 5 seconds of Kairi talking to Axel. You definitely wouldn't think it would have over 40 minutes of CGI based off of the trailers.

As for FFVIIR I'm not expecting a ton of CGI either, maaaybe like 20 minutes' worth (with probably 10 of that being the ending). But it makes you wonder why this game is 2 discs, considering the fact that KH3 has over 45 mins of pre-rendered CG scenes and uses the same engine and it's 1 disc.

Edit: oh KH3 only has 1 language option? If FFVIIR releases with multiple selectable languages that's probably what's taking up a ton of space

I was talking about VII Remake. FF VII has multiple languages and Dubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.