• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Should this thread contain open spoilers?

• Yes

Votes: 1,406 73.4%
  • No

Votes: 510 26.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
If they can't release the demo this week, I just want them to say something about the situation.... and when they plan to release the demo or something.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
The plate falling will no doubt be CG.

What does remain to be seen, and I may be wrong and we have already seen some, is if CG focusing on the cast will be done. In the past it was done to properly showcase an important scene with some effects that weren't possible but now a lot of that can be done with in-game material.

Though I do imagine there will be cast focused CG since KH3, which famously only used CG for the opening and closing of the majority of their games, used a lot of CG for the Disney worlds.

AwakenedCloud

Oct 27, 2017
Would it be hard on PC to import the Dissidia outfit files into FFVIIR?
I wasn't aware it was in Dissidia. There is hope for an official DLC costume.

As far as your question goes, I think it all really depends on how easily moddable the PC version is when it comes out. With as fervent of a community FF7 has, it will happen - sooner rather than later.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
I wasn't aware it was in Dissidia. There is hope for an official DLC costume.

As far as your question goes, I think it all really depends on how easily moddable the PC version is when it comes out. With as fervent of a community FF7 has, it will happen - sooner rather than later.
images

I hope it isn't too hard if there isn't an official outfit planned. Would love to see it.

Noctis0Stella

Mar 17, 2019
That would suck given how good the real time is. This game should not be ff13 with cutscenes
Why not?
These cg scenes are typically for final fantasy.
I'm really happy that they create tons of cg, they are really good looking.
Also, I don't think scenes like the reactor explosion or that one falling sector plate are possible to do these in real time.
We will get a lot of cg cutscenes like in the original

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
Finally going to get a new TV this week. FF7R deserves better TV than the trash one I am currently using..

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
What's supposed to happen in an hour?
it'll be midnight in New Zealand, which means the PlayStation Store will updated.

It's not like America where the store updates at a weird time in the day; nearly everywhere else gets a midnight (or shortly after midnight) update.

People thought that, since the 7th is the first full store update since coming back that the demo may drop then, and in under an hour we could see if that's possible.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
Yeah they would definitely announce a demo first

Tbh I just think this demo was meant for release week, it is just the entire opening of the game after all

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
I highly doubt the demo would go up on PSN store without SE teasing it first somewhere.
I agree but SE's main twitter is US focused and whatever they tweet about for the demo will be for the US, which means there is the potential for other regions to have access to something while SE tweets out "this is coming on the 7th"

I could see a tweet from SEJP in a couple of hours as well, they often tweet their stuff at midnight JST the day of.

Again, my expectations are low but I just want to play :(

Edit: it could also come from PlayStation's "here's what's coming on the store" blog posts in a coordinated marketing push between them and SE.

Last edited:

demu

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Nothing, huh? Well then... RESET THE CLOCK! The next 4 hours should be interesting, though. I expect something from their Twitter.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
Same here haha, but 55" was enough for me.
I overestimated what I needed aha. I ordered it during a Black Friday sale while at work and then I went home and saw what my old TV's size was and realised that I ordered a TV over double the size of it. Now it sits on an entertainment unit that recommends the max TV size on it to be in the 40"'s :P

Nothing, huh? Well then... RESET THE CLOCK! The next 4 hours should be interesting, though. I expect something from their Twitter.
It was a long shot. I certainly didn't believe the people back in December who were putting their faith in today, but like I said a part of me wanted it to be true because I just want to play it and this wait is getting ridiculous.

Fingers crossed for an update on Twitter. Waiting without an end goal is painful and, to me, no matter what date they give just having an end date makes the wait easier because we know when to expect it.

demu

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Just saw this:

e0ubom6sx0941.jpg

That was like 14 hours ago. Some kind of embargo lifting today? Fucking influencers. I wanna play it myself.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
Just saw this:

e0ubom6sx0941.jpg

That was like 14 hours ago. Some kind of embargo lifting today? Fucking influencers. I wanna play it myself.
Someone on reddit pointed out that this person has apparently done reviews using hacked games or something before, so I wouldn't trust that to be something from SE themselves =(

Also, agreed. Fuck influences who get exclusive hands on. We know the demo is for all, now give it to all! =P

lemmykoopah

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Does anyone else remember how the cloud/zack/hojo plot in the original was easily missable if you didn't use a guide? I wonder if in the remake it will be an integral part of the storyline, not missable.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone else remember how the cloud/zack/hojo plot in the original was easily missable if you didn't use a guide? I wonder if in the remake it will be an integral part of the storyline, not missable.

I doubt anything that requires massive asset creation on their part will be missable this time around. Zack is also super marketable, I'd expect to see him in the promotional materials for Part 2/3, even.

The only missable things I can see happening are the Knights of the Round summon and maybe Vincent and Lucrecia's subplot.

MeteoraVII

Banned
Nov 16, 2019
I'm still baffled as to how this all transpired.

Like, was this demo a pre-alpha build that they quickly rushed to 'clean up' and release to the public and that's why there were so many assets still left in it that could be mined?

Is that why Cloud's moveset animations are slightly different than what we've been shown before? I actually prefer this demo's version, it looks much faster and more dynamic...

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017

Like, was this demo a pre-alpha build that they quickly rushed to 'clean up' and release to the public and that's why there were so many assets still left in it that could be mined?

Is that why Cloud's moveset animations are slightly different than what we've been shown before? I actually prefer this demo's version, it looks much faster and more dynamic...
demo is clearly the latest build of the game, so the demo's moveset is probably the final version.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
KH3 demo at trade shows had a bunch of combos that were unlocked early for the purpose of the demo. The upcoming demo may be showcasing start of game combos instead of end of game, or it's just been tweaked and worked on since E3 & TGS.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You can dowload the demo, but then the game will ask you for your google credentials and will only allow you to play it if you have a certain number of subscribers. If you dont have the required amount it crashes to a twitter feed full of influencers bragging how they got to play it. Then you are kicked to this thread via the ps4's web browser with a message that says "see you in march!"

lemmykoopah

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I doubt anything that requires massive asset creation on their part will be missable this time around. Zack is also super marketable, I'd expect to see him in the promotional materials for Part 2/3, even.

The only missable things I can see happening are the Knights of the Round summon and maybe Vincent and Lucrecia's subplot.
Yeah. I wonder what they will do with the ultimate weapons for the cast. In the original they were ultra missable without a guide, i remember Cids and Barret was just some random npc you had to talk to lol. Modern games usually don't employ such missable game design anymore, except for the Souls genre.

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
You can dowload the demo, but then the game will ask you for your google credentials and will only allow you to play it if you have a certain number of subscribers. If you dont have the required amount it crashes to a twitter feed full of influencers bragging how they got to play it. Then you are kicked to this thread via the ps4's web browser with a message that says "see you in march!"

This gave me a good laugh.

Man, I was really hoping we might get an announcement today followed by a "the demo's out tomorrow." I guess that was just wishful thinking... Now I even doubt we'll even get an official release this week.

FrostweaveBandage

Unshakable Resolve
Sep 27, 2019

Occam's Razor - they made an intern clean up the demo files who made some rookie mistakes.

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018

ultima786

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I feel like the demo was originally intended to only be for media folks, and as such they'll have one more type of demo available at trade shows and such. I think we were not intended to get it. Even though it's out there already, giving it to millions more folks is perhaps even more dangerous. I don't think Square is going to release the demo to the public.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like the demo was originally intended to only be for media folks, and as such they'll have one more type of demo available at trade shows and such. I think we were not intended to get it. Even though it's out there already, giving it to millions more folks is perhaps even more dangerous. I don't think Square is going to release the demo to the public.
I don't think this was the case. Makes no sense to end a media only demo with a "purchase / preorder the game now" with the option to do so within the demo.

Status
Not open for further replies.