• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mimosa

Community & Social Media Manager
Verified
Oct 23, 2019
Yessss power couple CloTi stay winning!

I love both of them, especially together <3

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Glad Jessie's getting some love.

Too bad she didnt become much of a major character in the remake, at least she got a bigger role compared to the original.

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Jessie so high up. My queen.

Japanese fans... y'all are some real ones.

33e0adc6e5c0e199c854553957d8b1362e85e792.gif

Please

stay dead

ultima786

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Funny how Cloud gets hardly any movement on here, and on so many western forums I frequent. He was an incredible character, badass in every way, and had lots of character development. Good to see the science confirms his place at the top.

I see lots of downing on Tifa, too. I admit, Aerith's character in Remake had in me awe a lot of the time. But Tifa's voice actor was genuinely the best actor in the entire game. Either character getting their due would be fine by me.

Every actor in this game was phenomenal. Barret hit it out of the park in many scenes.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
You know what would be disrespectful?

her not staying dead like in the original. Let the pizza girl rest in peace. Clouds last sentence to her was that she owns him a fucking pizza lol
Yeah, but I take issue with Cloud in general. That was cringe, what Cloud said to her in her final moments. That's why it can't stay that way.

She just wanted to save the planet and help her father, and she died blaming herself for what Shinra was responsible for. Not only that, but her parents lived topside in Sector 7, so they will have also perished, which is just... c'mon man, ya can't do 'em like that. Jessie and her parents deserve better.

OP
OP
JEH

JEH

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
There's a bunch of other survey results from that twitter account.

Another one for who you enjoyed playing as the most:

Cloud: 1234 votes
Tifa: 1033
Aerith: 330
Barret: 271

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, but I take issue with Cloud in general. That was cringe, what Cloud said to her in her final moments. That's why it can't stay that way.

She just wanted to save the planet and help her father, and she died blaming herself for what Shinra was responsible for. Not only that, but her parents lived topside in Sector 7, so they will have also perished, which is just... c'mon man, ya can't do 'em like that. Jessie and her parents deserve better.

They can and they should.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
They can and they should.
According to you, maybe. If it were up to me, I'd change that.
Biggs is alive, and Wedge will likely also end up alive. Not that big of a stretch to assume the entire trio will end up surviving.
I care more for Jessie than the relatively dull Tifa.

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
It's funny how people thought Tifa was bland but I found her at least somewhat more interesting than before. Maybe because her dialog isn't so atrociously simple like in the OG? This at least showed multiple times that she doesn't want anyone to die, friend or foe.

I started out disliking Aerith just as much as before, if not less so, and then eventually she grew on me right before SCHWOOP she's gone for several hours. I did appreciate when maybe-Sephiroth is fighting everyone and she says "Yeah, well screw him!" and then things just continue on.

Speaking of the late-game/last fight:
I have to wonder if maybe this is actually legit Sephiroth or still another of the reunion experiments.Considering in the OG it's never actually Sephiroth ever until you go to the crater and fight his half a body god amalgamation thing.

He was barely around long enough to really make an impact compared to everyone who is in the previous 40 or so hours of the game. He's my favourite character in 7 and I'm kinda surprised he made the top 10 lol. Part 2 is when we stan him for real though

ScaredWeeklyFlee-size_restricted.gif
This legit got a laugh out of my when I got there the other night. All of his usual boring crap and throwing shade at Barret and then that happens.

I'm glad to see Jessie on there though, regardless of thirst, because she was one of the characters I felt got the shaft in the original and her getting more time in this one was very nice.

sweetie

Alt account
Banned
May 19, 2020
I didn't know people were still all "TIFA BEST GIRL" "NO ITS AERITH" Let these women both exist and SHINE damn

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Nobody will ever care again about that filler chapter. It was a nice little filler, but they won't get back to that again. SE could surprise me though :)

Nov 23, 2017
I'm not one to get into shipping wars but that train scene of Cloud and Tifa rolling over on each other was so hot. Tifa on top of him is literally my PSN background pic lol

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

her not staying dead like in the original. Let the pizza girl rest in peace. Clouds last sentence to her was that she owns him a fucking pizza lol

This ain't the original game though lmao. Its clearly obvious they aren't telling the same exact story here.

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
This ain't the original game though lmao. Its clearly obvious they aren't telling the same exact story here.

Sure, but that doesn't mean they have to make it so not a single character dies.
We already know some characters have survived and people are asking for them to save Jessie etc.
What's next? Dyne reunites with Marlene? Lucretia chilling in Costa del Sol?
Clouds mom living under a new identity in Icicle inn?

Its just funny that we can't say for sure that a single character dies in the first game other than the Edit: President

Last edited:

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I have faith that it is going to be the very same story with minor alterations at best like Part 1. So i'm not worried at all.

Oct 31, 2017

nu-uh if the other two got lucky so can this person
Sure, but that doesn't mean they have to make it so not a single character dies.
We already know some characters have survived and people are asking for them to save Jessie etc.
What's next? Dyne reunites with Marlene? Lucretia chilling in Costa del Sol?
Clouds mom living under a new identity in Icicle inn?

Its just funny that we can't say for sure that a single character dies in the first game other than the mayor.

Wait what? He died? How did I miss that lol

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
There's a bunch of other survey results from that twitter account.

Another one for who you enjoyed playing as the most:

Cloud: 1234 votes
Tifa: 1033
Aerith: 330
Barret: 271

Not surprised with the disaprity between Cloud/Tifa and the rest, easily the best characters mechanically. Tifa should have been way higher than Cloud though, she's insane.

zswordsman

Nov 5, 2017
Glad Aerith is up there. She definitely shines when she's on screen. I was always going back and forth with her and Tifa as best female lead. Although Tifa is just way funner to play as and her moves look amazing.

Aerith had more chemistry with Cloud for sure though.