• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
Please be true.

They have my 120.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
That full price tag makes it more real.

I think SE would charge $70 haha

We knew the name "Ever Crisis," not that it would be the subtitle for a remaster.

Ehh, people immediately made the connection to the "Compilation of FFVII" subtitles. It's not too much of a stretch to assume FFVIIR might get a different subtitle to more easily live alongside the, y'know, other FFVIIRs.

Imran

Oct 24, 2017
Is one of those proper nouns the title? Because we learned that SE trademarked the "Ever Crisis" bit some time ago, that's not new to this press release.

If, like, the title of chapter 8.5, "All Dressed Up," lines up with what you heard, that might be more significant.
All Dressed Up is specifically something I heard in reference to this, yes. It's a Tifa chapter about how she hears about Don Corneo.

Again: It could all be entirely wrong or sourced from the same bad place. Not saying this is real, just that I have seen those words elsewhere.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I think SE would charge $70 haha

Ehh, people immediately made the connection to the "Compilation of FFVII" subtitles. It's not too much of a stretch to assume FFVIIR might get a different subtitle to more easily live alongside the, y'know, other FFVIIRs.

I think calling a remaster only a year after release 'Ever Crisis' is very strange and potentially confusing to customers.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
All Dressed Up is specifically something I heard in reference to this, yes. It's a Tifa chapter about how she hears about Don Corneo.

Again: It could all be entirely wrong or sourced from the same bad place. Not saying this is real, just that I have seen those words elsewhere.

Interesting, thanks.

Alfredo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Assuming this is real, I'm really hoping there's a PC version 'cause I doubt I'll be able to get a PS5 anytime soon and I don't wanna buy the PS4 version again at $60, lol

Apr 11, 2018
Sweden
I believe this, two rumored things; a Zack chapter and a Tifa mission.

Chapter 9 is Wall Market, which means 8.5 is probably a Tifa mission (what she's doing while Cloud is hanging out with Aerith) and chapter 19 should be something with Zack, I guess.

Full price will suck, but will be dampened by the fact the "original" remake will be free with PS+. Obviously take the rumor with a grain of salt, but I kinda believe it

Toth

Oct 26, 2017
Renaming FF7 Remake to FF7 Remake: Ever Crisis does make a lot of sense when you consider that the next game can't simply be called FF7 Remake Part 2,

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium

Interesting. Thanks for the info.... but i'll be mad if they dont release the chapter standalone.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
like honestly can you imagine replaying the entire game again just to get to chapter 8 .... just no. Come on SE

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
It matches 505's support site.

It could also very well be enforced wording by Sony.

What i find most weird about it is that the resolution is too low. The PS4 Pro version runs at 1620p 30fps, I strongly doubt they would need to actually lower the resolution to get it to 60fps on PS5. It's possible they could be applying massive graphical upgrades outside of RT, but Spider-Man Remastered had those as well and the 60fps mode still had a higher resolution than the 30fps Pro mode.

LegendofLex

Nov 20, 2017
I will pay an absolute maximum of $20 for the new content.

I will buy the sequels once they get cut to that price otherwise.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
I think calling a remaster only a year after release 'Ever Crisis' is very strange and potentially confusing to customers.

I think no matter what they do with the titles going forward, there will be some awkwardness and confusion. That's part of the reason why "Final Fantasy VII Remake" was such a bad title.

Like, do they call it Final Fantasy VII Remake Part 1, to distinguish it from a future Part 2? Because that might make some people think this new release contains only part of the 2020 release. Do they keep the title the same, and then change the sequel from "Remake" to "Part 2"? That makes it sound like a sequel to FFVII. Etc.

ss_lemonade

Oct 27, 2017
Will be funny if they fix the textures here (if an upgraded version also comes out for the PS4) and leave the base game alone, forcing you to pay more.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just gonna be real. I'll buy a PS5 version of this game at full price again. I thought FFVII Remake exceeded my expectations by a large margin. If they give me Ray Tracing and full Dualsense support I am totally in.

Side note: I'd REALLY like a Crisis Core PS5 release.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I think no matter what they do with the titles going forward, there will be some awkwardness and confusion. That's part of the reason why "Final Fantasy VII Remake" was such a bad title.

Like, do they call it Final Fantasy VII Remake Part 1, to distinguish it from a future Part 2? Because that might make some people think this new release contains only part of the 2020 release. Do they keep the title the same, and then change the sequel from "Remake" to "Part 2"? That makes it sound like a sequel to FFVII. Etc.

I think the solution is pretty simple: Final Fantasy VII Remake: Part 2.

But what they're doing with this game is pretty unprecedented so whatever. Either way, I'm double dipping.

styl_oh

Fallen One-Winged Chicken Chaser
Nov 24, 2019
Alberta, Canada
If it's real I'd get prepared to buy it again

SE isn't above anything, remember Dragon Quest 11 ultimate hyper S definitive switch steam edition

Ovvv

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 11, 2019
Square charged $30 for ReMind. You're out of your fucking minds if you think this thing won't be $60 if the info here is true. A new chapter, a .5 chapter, a boss arena, resolution, RTX, AND FPS bump?

Yeah, please be excited.

Xavillin

Oct 25, 2017
Really wish if this is real, it's a DLC or version upgrade for at least $10, $20 at most. I bought it on sale at Target for $24 though, so I wouldn't mind paying $60 at launch for this. I'm there for 60FPS and Dualsense.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
If it's real I'd get prepared to buy it again

SE isn't above anything, remember Dragon Quest 11 ultimate hyper S definitive switch steam edition

If anything, it would be surprising if they only tried to sell us FFVIIR once.

Heck, the original FFVII had the "International" release. Square Enix has been doing this for longer than they've been Square Enix.

neptunez

Apr 21, 2018
If it happens it probably means Sony extended the timed exclusivity of the game.

This is just a rumour so maybe it does come to Xbox, but I wouldnt count on it myself.
Well they already paid for its initial exclusivity, and they're also paying for FFXVI, I'm sure SE is eager to get sales from other platforms.

It doesn't make sense for Sony to renegotiate an exclusivity extension if its possibilty wasn't already discussed prior.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
Well they already paid for its initial exclusivity, and they're also paying for FFXVI, I'm sure SE is eager to get sales from other platforms.

It doesn't make sense for Sony to renegotiate an exclusivity extension if its possibilty wasn't already discussed prior.

Seems like Sony is doing all they can to lock up the franchise to be as exclusive as possible to PlayStation. Multiple FF titles have already skipped Xbox, like FF14 and the Crystal Chronicles Remaster, for instance. It wouldn't surprise me to see it skip the Xbox.

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
Seems like Sony is doing all they can to lock up the franchise to be as exclusive as possible to PlayStation. Multiple FF titles have already skipped Xbox, like FF14 and the Crystal Chronicles Remaster, for instance. It wouldn't surprise me to see it skip the Xbox.
If a new version is real probably it will release on every platform at once.

Status
Not open for further replies.