• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Imran

Oct 24, 2017
The press release is copied word for word from the control ultimate edition press release.
*opens email*

*searches*

CALABASAS, Calif. – August 12, 2020 – 505 Games and Remedy Entertainment will make Control available to players on Steam for PC for the first time with Control Ultimate Edition™, launching digitally worldwide on Thursday, August 27 packed with the original award-winning game and all expansions, including the forthcoming AWE expansion, at the supernatural price of £29.99.

Control Ultimate Edition™ will become available on PC from the Epic Games Store and digitally for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One consoles on Thursday, September 10** followed by a physical retail release for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One at a later date. Players who purchase Control Ultimate Edition™ for PlayStation 4 or Xbox One will automatically receive a complimentary next-gen optimized version of Control Ultimate Edition™ when transitioning to PlayStation 5 or Xbox Series X.

Players and fans can join Remedy Entertainment's Creative Director Sam Lake and Control Game Director Mikael Kasurinen live on Twitch tomorrow Thursday, August 13 at 5:00 pm. BST where the two will offer an exclusive first look at the opening 15-minutes of AWE gameplay and explore the award-winning studio's approach to storytelling, touching upon the "Remedy Connected Universe". Follow Remedy on Twitch for live updates at www.twitch.tv/remedygames.

*Control was named "Action Game of the Year" by the Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences at the 23rd​ annual D.I.C.E Awards and is available now for PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One and will be coming to next-gen home consoles PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X. For more information and regular updates on Control, please visit www.controlgame.com and follow on Twitter @ControlRemedy.

**Control Ultimate Edition™ console release dates vary in markets where 505 Games is partnered locally with publishers, including: Japan (Marvelous – PS4) – release date to be communicated soon, Korea (H2 Interactive – PS4) – Friday, September 11.

For more information about Remedy Entertainment, visit www.remedygames.com. To learn about publisher 505 Games and its products, visit www.505games.com.

??

Kalnet

Oct 25, 2017
Totally forgot 'State of Play' is tomorrow. If it's really true, we might be seeing the announcement there.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
If this is true, I'm surprised that both performance settings are rendering at 1440p. I thought they'd shoot for 4K for the fidelity mode.

Ashodin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Durham, NC
TBH Seeing a Chapter 19 that links up to the ending where Zack carries Cloud and how he got there would be a good tie up to the game

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Anyway, if there is indeed a chance this is real there better well be a way to get the chapters without paying full price. If it's a full price game i'll only ever get it when part 2 is announced as I promised myself i'd replay remake before part 2 to make it more epic.

Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020
They aren't going to release the game on a Saturday lol, it's completely fake.

Hmm, yeah, that is unlikely. That is probably the fakest thing about this. Can't recall the last time, if ever, a game released on a Saturday. It is when the exclusivity deal is up, but that doesn't mean anything.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
April 10, 2021 is a Saturday.

I'm not sure I can see a game launching on a Saturday, even if that's the exact day the exclusivity is up (why would that matter for these versions)?

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
It's pretty amazing how people will never stop mentioning the door. Man, I got over that months ago. The Lightning returns dog was just as obnoxious

Imran

Oct 24, 2017
Yeah, the April 10th date is curious

I feel like, either this person and I have the same bad sources (entirely possible), the PR got sent out without a final date so it's just a placeholder (it happens), it is actually coming out that day (possible as well), or it's a really massive coincidence and they made a convincing fake PR with a lot of features and proper nouns I've heard specifically in reference to this upgraded version.

Toth

Oct 26, 2017
Aside from the price, this was exactly what I was expecting. Tifa's cut content looks like it's here. I platinum-ed the PS4 version and I am so eager to get back into it.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Renaming it to be apart of the FF7 compendium makes so much sense and the additional content sounds cool. I'd pay for that as long as I don't need to pay full price. Especially since I heard that it actually has a cool NG+ I haven't touched yet.

Hope it's true but it does sound a lot like a fan theory.

Laxoon

One Winged Slayer
Jan 24, 2018
If real this "Chapter 8.5 "All Dressed Up"" has to be Tifa's supposed cut playable section I keep hearing about. Chapter 8 ends before you see Tifa riding into Wall Market in her new outfit so it'd fit right in between there and Chapter 9.

Oh, and Chapter 19's subtitle I'm guessing is the other trademark we saw, "The First Soldier" or something? So a Zack section?? It's starting to sound fake to me but lol idk.

Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020

I feel like, either this person and I have the same bad sources (entirely possible), the PR got sent out without a final date so it's just a placeholder (it happens), it is actually coming out that day (possible as well), or it's a really massive coincidence and they made a convincing fake PR with a lot of features and proper nouns I've heard specifically in reference to this upgraded version.

I assume you meant to say without a final date there, and yeah, that would make sense. Definitely a possibility

Lube Man

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 18, 2021
"Performance Mode which targets 60fps with 1440p render resolution and 4K output or Graphics Mode at 30fps with ray tracing at 1440p render resolution and 4K output"

Yes, these exact words are in Control Definitive Edition press release as well.

I will eat paper if we get FF7 with Ray Tracing.

m4st4

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's pretty amazing how people will never stop mentioning the door. Man, I got over that months ago. The Lightning returns dog was just as obnoxious

But honestly, who cares about couple of doors when you have literally canyons of shit textures later on? 🤔 I'd love a consitently amazing FF7RE, which at times already looked next gen.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017

Is one of those proper nouns the title? Because we learned that SE trademarked the "Ever Crisis" bit some time ago, that's not new to this press release.

If, like, the title of chapter 8.5, "All Dressed Up," lines up with what you heard, that might be more significant.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium

🤔

Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020
"Performance Mode which targets 60fps with 1440p render resolution and 4K output or Graphics Mode at 30fps with ray tracing at 1440p render resolution and 4K output"

Yes, these exact words are in Control Definitive Edition press release as well.

I will eat paper if we get FF7 with Ray Tracing.

Imran already posted the press release for Control, and this does not match that unless there is another press release out there?

Lube Man

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 18, 2021
Imran already posted the press release for Control, and this does not match that unless there is another press release out there?

"Players are invited to dive into the dark and brutalist-inspired world of Control on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S*, where they can choose between Performance Mode which targets 60fps with 1440p render resolution and 4K output or Graphics Mode at 30fps with ray tracing at 1440p render resolution and 4K output. Ray tracing brings overall improved image quality and realistic reflections. These are most visible on non-transparent reflective surfaces across the game, as well as on transparent materials such as glass surfaces."

I could be wrong but it looks the same to me.

I don't see FF7 getting Ray Tracing for consoles. I hope we do, that'll be amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.