• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017
Press release wouldn't say mysterious new chapter. It's aight. I'm not believing anything when it comes to this. Also, I don't think they'd use that name just for an upgraded version

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mysterious Chapter 19?

I'm not believing this

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
it's weird they would use the EC on a 'remaster' of the remake and not the sequel or a spin-off

but i want new story content, maybe the new content justifies it

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
I should really stop buying RPGs on day 1. I dont find time to play then and then they get a way better definitive version.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
Press release wouldn't say mysterious new chapter. It's aight. I'm not believing anything when it comes to this. Also, I don't think they'd use that name just for an upgraded version

I mean, if they are trying to keep it up wraps from a story standpoint I don't know why they won't. Press releases are not story summaries.

cvbas

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Why are we making rumor threads with random unlinked 4chan posts as the basis.
This is exactly the kind of stuff that can leak on 4chan tho, embargoed press releases are a thing and 4chan is probably the easiest way to leak it anonymously. I'd be very surprised if we don't hear about this tomorrow, Jeff Grubb was also hinting at it earlier today.

And if it was a fake it'd be at least a little more bombastic.

EDIT: Just noticed that April 10 is a Saturday lol. Scratch everything I've said. But I'm still expecting it to be shown tomorrow, even if the press release is fake.

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, if they are trying to keep it up wraps from a story standpoint I don't know why they won't. Press releases are not story summaries.

I don't think they'd say "Mysterious". Not saying they'd full on give the story away if there was another chapter lol Just that, it reads a bit like a typical fake post, imo of course.

LJKO

Nov 16, 2017
I hope this is fake and i'm expecting the "Ever Crisis" is for a Crisis Core Remake

addik

Oct 28, 2017
My first immediate thought when I saw this rumor is how generous SE was for not charging $70 for this lmao

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
a good rule of thumb is that leaks and rumors that include this much information are generally bullshit but I guess we'll see.

neptunez

Apr 21, 2018
Ah ok the April 10th dates makes sense

I expect this will launch on other platforms (XBX/PC) on or after that date, the full price makes a more sense now.

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Why would they reveal the name of the Tifa chapter in a press release? That reads fake to me.

Last edited:

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
This is exactly the kind of stuff that can leak on 4chan tho, embargoed press releases are a thing and 4chan is probably the easiest way to leak it anonymously. I'd be very surprised if we don't hear about this tomorrow, Jeff Grubb was also hinting at it earlier today.

And if it was a fake it'd be at least a little more bombastic.

I mean I don't doubt that it's happening, just seems like a flimsy basis. And yes, damn right I'll be buying that bad boy again if I have to lol.

Vic20

Nov 10, 2019
The press release is copied word for word from the control ultimate edition press release.

Andi

Oct 29, 2017
Even if it's fake I would love a pc version of the game. I want to see what my 3090 can make out of it.

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
Royal added more than 30 hours + of content... with the length of chapters in FFVII remake this is not even comparable.
that prob doesnt really matter to SE i dont think

as long as they are adding sommit new, they prob think whatever they add is enough to justify selling at full price

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
if this IS Ever Crisis, i wonder if the next remake games will follow the naming structure

FC
GC
HC

Status
Not open for further replies.