• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If Disc 1 really is just Midgar and Disc 2 is the rest of the game crammed into one disc, that's even more concerning than just going two part release about this.

Stellar

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
i am READY to hop on this hype train but i really hope SE confirms this episodic stuff ASAP

IzzyRX

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
So, part 2 will be the rest of it?
It will be weird, one part with, let's say, 10~15 hours and the other with 40~50.

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
If Disc 1 really is just Midgar and Disc 2 is the rest of the game crammed into one disc, that's even more concerning than just going two part release about this.
It's not don't worry. First game or Part 1 or what you want to call it is Midgar only and contains 2 B-ray discs worth of data and content.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Okay wtf, I'm so confused. Part 1 is Midgar and something else on disc 2?

Edit: ok, it's like RDR2, one game disc and one install disc.

APZonerunner

Features Editor at VG247.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
England
From the press release: "FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE is a reimagining of the iconic original game that re-defined the RPG genre, diving deeper into the world and its characters than ever before. The first game in this project will be set in the eclectic city of Midgar and presents a fully standalone gaming experience that provides a great starting point to the series."

So... it's two discs of Midgar? I think? Then a second and third game, presumably.

StayHandsome

Nov 30, 2017
Man, I have been internally skeptical since its announcement, never thinking for a second that modern day Square would know how to recapture the magic of FF7.

After watching the videos in the OP, I've not only decided that it looks like a positive direction for FF as a series, but it actually looks like a *good* JRPG.

I've gone from cynicism, leapfrogged apathy and have now landed on unrestrained excitement. Even with Cyberpunk on the horizon, FF7 has stolen the show for me.

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
This is so confusing lmao

So FFVII Remake WILL be split into parts, with the first one being the game releasing on March 3, 2020, this will focus entirely on Midgard with 2 Blu-Ray discs worth of content. I'm getting that right then yeah?

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
That sounds like it would be awful. Being limited to the slums with very few small glimpses outside of them was a positive of the original, not something that needed to be chaged.
To each their own, Midgar is one of gaming's more iconic cities and I'll love to explore more of what we see in the background of the cutscenes. Well if it's done well.

LuisGarcia

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I don't think anyone knows what going on on. I'm pretty confident that he said one BLURAY contains Midgar not the entire portion of the first part

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Oh god.. if its more than 2 parts, yeah this is turning into something worrying in regards to this project being done in a remotely reasonable timeframe and the way they are handling and splitting the content.

There needs to be so damn much original content to make Midgar a full big game

Bit_Reactor

Banned
Apr 9, 2019
Even disc 1 being all Midgar confirms I'm in the darkest timeline. Time to turn my brain off, give up the idea that itd be reflecting the original and just enjoy it as a new title.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
From the press release: "FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE is a reimagining of the iconic original game that re-defined the RPG genre, diving deeper into the world and its characters than ever before. The first game in this project will be set in the eclectic city of Midgar and presents a fully standalone gaming experience that provides a great starting point to the series."

So... it's two discs of Midgar? I think? Then a second and third game, presumably.

This sounds right.

Nov 2, 2017
Crazy to think that part 1 is not just Midgar but even as far as two discs worth of Midgar. Wonder how much it's being expanded by.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Oh god.. if its more than 2 parts, yeah this is turning into something worrying in regards to this project being done in a remotely reasonable timeframe and the way they are handling and splitting the content.

There needs to be so damn much original content to make Midgar a full big game

i'f they've spent this much time on it, we'll see

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Pre-ordered the $330 version. Never bought a CE that expensive but I will for this game. Only CE I'll get this year.

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
How much did they add to have two discs for Midgar ? What's the final game gonna look like? 10 discs?
Gonna require a 2TB drive just to instal FFVII at this point

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
How will they handle summons? They'll have to completely restructure almost all of that to fit the format they've chosen (episodic)...no?

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
I can already guarantee you the most asked question by gaming media at E3 to the Final Fantasy VII Remake team will be "So how many parts is this going to be?"

If I had to guess, I'd say it's going to be three parts/releases comprised of 2 discs each - for a total of 6 Blu-rays.

That would be fucking insane, but this is Square-Enix, so it could easily up being even worse...