• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
lol people here acting like Sony paid FF7 to make a multi plattform game PS4-only...when PS4s success and Sonys supports in the first place was the thing that got the Remake process going in the first place.

It coming to other plattform down the line was always likely....but it started as PS4 only and i think SE is quite happy that they can focus on the PS4 version first and worry about other versions down the line.

Cordelia

Jan 25, 2019
lol people here acting like Sony paid FF7 to make a multi plattform game PS4-only...when PS4s success and Sonys supports in the first place was the thing that got the Remake process going in the first place.

It coming to other plattform down the line was always likely....but it started as PS4 only and i think SE is quite happy that they can focus on the PS4 version first and worry about other versions down the line.
It is exactly one year timed exclusivity.

It is paid.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Most of people will play on PS4. Waiting a year for this game is simply too much.

True. I have a PC capable of playing Death Stranding later this year, but no way I wasn't gonna play it on my Pro when it released. Same for FF7. A year's wait is just too damn long for me. I respect people who can wait that long, I can't for a game of this stature.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
True. I have a PC capable of playing Death Stranding later this year, but no way I wasn't gonna play it on my Pro when it released. Same for FF7. A year's wait is just too damn long for me. I respect people who can wait that long, I can't for a game of this stature.

Death Stranding is really already a long wait and that one is actually less than a year. A whole year is just too hard.

Acidote

Oct 26, 2017
I'm so excited.

Although I'll wait for a deep discount after it releases on PC, just like with every delayed release.

Deleted member 41651

User-requested account closure
Banned
Apr 3, 2018
The exclusivity worked on me, my PS4 is on the way. Then next year I'll be double dipping which I fucking hate doing but how can I not experience this day 1 and then again via the inevitably superior pc port.

inner-G

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PNW
As we've always thought.

Sony can keep giving them money, but I'm done buying S-E games before they come out on PC. (And if they come a year late, I'm only paying $30 max)

Erpy

May 31, 2018
Kind of expected. With the budget this baby got, it's logical they want it on as many platforms as possible, not to mention all games aside from 1 and 2 already made their way to PC. (though port quality was usually mixed)

This one'd be a day 1 buy for me if it was released on PC, but I'm not gonna buy a PS4 solely for this game.

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017

Sure Jan.
Hence why they market on the boxart that "it's exclusive for a year". lol.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
It is exactly one year timed exclusivity.

It is paid.
They are only able to negotiate these deals because the publisher - in this case SE - is interested in it in the first place. They know that were there core fan base and a large port of their business is.The game was developed with PS4 in mind, acting like Sony paid SE to keep a game that was slated to be a multi release from the start off other systems is ridiculous.

"...first on PS4" they never hid the fact that other versions might and will likely follow.

Sure Jan.
Hence why they market on the boxart that "it's exclusive for a year". lol.
Not the point...but keep on going.

Oct 31, 2017
Just picture the proper version of the game sitting on computers at their offices for a year while it's debut is on that decrepit hardware.

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
They are only able to negotiate these deals because the publisher - in this case SE - is interested in it in the first place. They know that were there core fan base and a large port of their business is.The game was developed with PS4 in mind, acting like Sony paid SE to keep a game that was slated to be a multi release from the start off other systems is ridiculous.

"...first on PS4" they never hid the fact that other versions might and will likely follow.

Not the point...but keep on going.

Of course it is the point. It's a large AAA project built on a multiplateforme engine. It was always going to be a multiplateforme game. It's obvious that Sony paid to delay the release elsewhere. It's not like they're used to do so. To claim that "Sony made it happen, it was developped with PS4 in mind" is a point of view completly detached from reality.
We're far away from the age of "this game was developped with a plateforme in mind", save for very little exceptions. Nowadays, games are developped on high end PCs and then downscaled on other platforms. It's especially the case for UE4 titles.
It's not ridiculous, it's literally what happened. Sony paid money to delay the game elsewhere. It's not the first time. It's not the last either.

Lizardus

Oct 25, 2017

This. SE is a small indie company that can't handle multi-platform development at launch so give them a break guys.

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
You are delusional if you think sony would pay for an exclusivity deal, this Icon is on the box of the game because the Square Enix CEO is a huge platform warrior himself, unlike me, who is pointing this out and is not a platform warrior.
HKiCZWm.png

Deleted member 5596

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (2 Weeks): Antagonizing Other Users, History of Platform Warring.
FFVIIR PC port exclusive to EGS

From one moneyhat to other moneyhat

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Obviously, I've been planning to get the complete edition on PC from the start (2029, I'll be ready!). I just hope they don't keep Denuvo in it like they are with Final Fantasy XII TZA and put it on more stores than just Steam.

Hope EGS get their eye by then too, to dual launch it on Steam and EGS and not just Steam (windows store is likely but you can't even mod games that use UWP because their folders are protected from any tampering at all. I hear there's a directory that allows adding or editing files for devs that want to allow it, but The Outer Worlds dev should have been open to that and they don't have their game in that folder).

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017
Obviously, I've been planning to get the complete edition on PC from the start. I just hope they don't keep Denuvo in it like they are with Final Fantasy XII TZA and put it on more stores than just Steam. Hope EGS get their eye by then too, at least to dual launch it on Steam and EGS and not just Steam (windows store is likely but you can't even mod games that use UWP because their folders are protected from any tampering at all. I hear there's a directory that allows adding or editing files for devs that want to allow it, but The Outer Worlds dev should have been open to that and they don't have their game in that folder).

When they'll finish this Remake project people may not play on PC anymore :P.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
but it started as PS4 only and i think SE is quite happy that they can focus on the PS4 version first and worry about other versions down the line.
it's an unreal engine game. there's no worrying about other versions, releasing the game simultaneously would have been no problem for SE. it's clearly a moneyhat situation for timed exclusivity.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
it's an unreal engine game. there's no worrying about other versions, releasing the game simultaneously would have been no problem for SE. it's clearly a moneyhat situation for timed exclusivity.
Never said that it would be a big problem, i said that they were able to focus on one target system through the dev cycle. A good PC version is more than a 1:1 port of the PS4 game unless you are saying that Sony had to pay for every SE PS4 game that released later on other systems.

The game releases first on PS4 because SE wanted the game their first and the PS4 is the market leader. Both partys agreeing to some kind of marketing deal before hand is a given.

People painting this as some kind of Tomb Raider type deal where the game was planned for a release on PC/PS4/Xbox One in March 2019 until Sony came in with a quick "moneyhat" to change SE plans are lying to themselves.

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
Of course a PC version will release, Square released all FF games on PC, now it's releasing all of them on XBox as well, so in the future even an XBox version will release.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I remember they said PS4 first when it was announced.
I for sure will not get it on PS4, and then other episodes will be on PS5 and whatnot, I prefer having the full experience natively on one system.

Jun 23, 2019
Playstation facebook messages from crash, having logos of "only on ps4" on the boxes, releasing EXACTLY one year later.
And steam database having the games 1 year before without being updated.

Those games going to PC doesn't stop the fact the games are still console exclusive. You don't know if those games were already slated to come to PC anyway.