• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Zukuu

Oct 30, 2017
Gotta swap my vacation... but how damn, it's right to Cyberpunk. The question is, do I want to play those back to back?! Can I do it in those 6 days?! Man this sucks tbh. I don't wanna rush it, but Cyberpunk will be played on the 16 no matter what.

Deleted member 721

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
1 month delay is becoming a tradition to square, well i hope its for the best, i'm sad that will have to wait more hope they release the demo for some good news

GamingRobioto

May 18, 2018
Exeter, UK
I'll be surprised if Cyberpunk doesn't get a small/medium delay. The Witcher 3 was delayed by 3 months, so it's certainly not unheard of and it's pretty common with games on this scale.

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
why would you think otherwise?

I mean, I'd love to be wrong. I'm pumped for the game.
But The Witcher 3 was delayed like 5 times, wasn't it? Also, I feel like I've seen very little of the actual game (likely my own damn fault). Everything I've seen have been dev-controlled 'tastes' of it. I guess the retail game called Cyberpunk 2077 just doesn't feel like a solid reality yet for me, so I'm expecting a delay.

Considering S-E landed on 4/10, knowing release dates announced for RE3 and CP2077 sandwiching it, it makes me wonder if they heard about one of those games moving before the press/public have? It's not completely uncommon for major companies to share info internally. *shrug*

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
unless cyberpunk gets delayed i sadly think this now gets backburner treatment. This was my march game right here, now its a wait for sale because its only part 1 anyways sale.

Wonder if anyone else is thinking about this as well, i mean cyberpunk is literally 6 days out from VII Remake

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
ERM hold up a fast second.

Now it comes out on a good friday, which is a bank holiday where I'm from and as far as i know mail delivery does not operate on those days. It's also easter holiday weekend so it looks like the game won't even get delivered until the tuesday after the friday at the minimum?

F U C K
Go digital and save yourself all this headache

ClayModel

Oct 29, 2017
A one month I can take. Plus helps choosing between Nioh 2, Doom Eternal and P5R slightly easier now.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Part 1 of a game (a great game!)... or full 60 to 100 hour first person RPG from the people that made the witcher? Hmmmm, what do you think people are going to choose with their money if they can only buy one.

A remake of one of the most beloved games of all-time or a new IP in a genre that has a reputation for being super buggy at launch. Hmmmm, what do you think people are going to choose with their money if they can only buy one.

nintendoman58

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly this is good. March is insane with releases as it is.

Sucks for those looking forward to this who have to wait longer though. :(

Deleted member 46489

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 7, 2018
I was at the Sony conference at E3 when they announced FF7R and the audience response when people started figuring out what they were watching was something to behold. Demand for a FF7 remake has been building for decades.

Something also to consider is that FF has one of the most balanced male/female splits of any AAA franchise out there. On the other hand, Cyberpunk is almost guaranteed to have a primarily male fanbase due to its subgenre & the poor depiction of women in the Witcher series.
I completely disagree. The FF7 Remake has 15M views on YT, and that's the most viewed video. The first Cyberpunk 2077 trailer has 18M views. The 50 min gameplay reveal also has 18M views. The hype around it is bonkers. I live in suburban India, where people don't really follow games, and even here I see youngsters hyped for it.

As for women, I actually highly doubt that more women will play FF7 over Cyberpunk. The FF7 hype mostly comes from gamers who played the original game in 1997, when the gaming audience was overwhelmingly male-tilted.

Cyberpunk allows you to make a character and choose their race, gender and sexuality. It welcomes not just cis women, but also LGBT folks and non-white people. Personally, I can't wait to create a character who looks like me for once. That's a HUGE draw.

Deleted member 5745

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
God dammit.

Well... I've waited this long, what's a few more weeks?

But they really ought to release the demo now to help pass the time.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
I am still not 100% convinced that FFVII Remake part one is going to be a good game.
I am still very wary.

Whereas I have confidence that Cyberpunk will be a very good game.
But will also be a buggy mess that will take a years worth of patches to get up to snuff.

I think I will wait for reviews on both before I decide which one t get.

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017
Right between RE3 and Cyberpunk ffs...
The old date was perfect, now everything is April and TLOU2 in May. Fuck.

Oct 26, 2017
A remake of one of the most beloved games of all-time or a new IP in a genre that has a reputation for being super buggy at launch. Hmmmm, what do you think people are going to choose with their money if they can only buy one.

Being buggy didn't stop Skyrim, Fallout 4 and TW3 from being the best selling RPGs of all time beating all Final Fantasy titles lol

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
*pretends to be shocked gif*

It's always annoying and disappointing when that happens, but there's no use complaining. Better a polished version when we all get our hands on the game than a turd.

Oct 28, 2019
The thinly veiled platform warring under the guise of FF7 v CP2077 will be a sight to behold come launch (even though both games will end up on all platforms lol).

FrostweaveBandage

Unshakable Resolve
Sep 27, 2019
Not a problem. Wasn't gonna pick up FFVII anyway since it's not coming to PC.

Umm... Final Fantasy XV, mate?

FFXV should always be considered the exception and not the rule. FF games never have that low level of polish, and we all know the dev hell that game went through. Unfortunately for SE, because of that and the debacle that was XIV 1.0, there are practically an entire generation of gamers who don't know better.

Ultimately, FFVII-R is the game they cannot mess up.

Cokesouls

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I'm kinda hoping cyberpunk gets delayed at least 2 months... there's just too many games in march now.

apathetic

Oct 25, 2017
This is fine. I'm a patient person that is always more than willing to wait longer for a finished product, but this hits me even softer since I'll already be waiting years for the complete experience anyway.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
And its begun. Never trust the first date SE announces with a FF game. That date is always good to be pushed around 2-3 times