• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

tobes231

Prophet of Truth
Jul 10, 2019
Australia
I have no idea if this has happened before or not, but imagine if Capcom brings the release of RE3 forward a month to fill that space (if it's ready of course, but it's probably not logistically feasible anyway).

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I'm sort of sad, but eh, gives me more time to play other games first.

Carmelozi

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Oh they can take time to put the last finitions so it does not bother me. Same for Avengers. Anyway their new FY will start with a bang, it will be interesting how it will confront with RE3 and Cyberpunk. But I'm not worried for Square Enix, FFVIIR will sell very well.

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well unless they delay Cyberpunk this means I won't be playing FF7R at launch, just not enough time and Cyberpunk will win that every time.

Turin

Oct 27, 2017
I've waited almost two decades. I can wait another month.

But still, the feeling is...

giphy.gif

Dlanor A. Knox

▲ Legend ▲
Apr 6, 2018
Great, now I won't be playing it day one.

Sorry but 6 days between this and cyberpunk is kind of stupid, Cyberpunk takes priority.

Unless cyberpunk also gets delayed, this is an annoying release window for me

Oct 27, 2017
Eh that sucks, but I'm fine with it. I usually take time off around Easter anyway.

And if they need extra time to polish this thing, especially since fans have been asking for this for so many fucking years, and how shitty games seem to come out on launch nowadays, take the time and polish it more.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
At the end of the day....they should take their time and drop a game that is worth they hype. One month more or less won't make or break the purchase decision. They invested way too much money for them to just release it in a non-perfect state.
*Demo rumored to release on 3/3/2020

Era: You can't release a demo the same day the game comes out....

Square-Enix: Hold my beer.

*FF7 Remake Delayed to April 2020
lol

Nov 8, 2017
Glad they're making the responsible decision of delaying rather than rushing out to make the fiscal year end. I would have loved to play this in March, but maybe it will be a blessing in disguise for me and give some extra time to get through some backlog before the 2020 onslaught really begins with FF7 and Cyberpunk.

Caiops

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh nooooo :(

Now its too close of Cyberpunk 2077, this is not going to help the sales

cLOUDo

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Resident evil 3 RE - April 3
Final Fantasy VII - April 10
Cyberpunk 2077 - APRIL 16

GodDammit!!!

The only good thing about this is that now i can play Nioh 2 (march 13)

Macnair

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
I was about to schedule my leaves for this but a long weekend ahead on the new release date is great. Now calm us down with the demo first!

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
March is HOT, makes sense.
Half Life Alyx is getting delayed til late this year im gonna bet, so FF7R getting a small delay is no biggie.

SpoonyBob

Oct 27, 2017
Arkansas
I was a little let down, but for some reason I was thinking it was coming out next month. I'd forgotten it was due in march, so eh, I'm not really too hurt about it. It'll give me more time to get through the new FFXIV patch, and get more time in monster hunter iceborne.