• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Huskman

Jan 21, 2019
I took over a hundred screenshots in FF7 Remake and figured I'd replay it when photo mode came out. TLOU P II and Ghost of Tsushima's photo modes have added a lot more replay value (the latter example being phenomenal publicity). Lo and behold it's August and no photo mode which kinda feels like a disservice to the game considering how gorgeous it is for the most part. At this point, I'm kinda not expecting it anymore which sucks.

Ze_Shoopuf

Jun 12, 2018
Yes I'm really shocked the game is still version 1.0.
There's been no patch at all since launch.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Hasn't it been silent in general? I don't think I've seen any messaging about the game.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Probably get one when it hits PC. Current team is hard at work on the next part and it looks like Square didn't really make plans for post launch support.

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
They should at least get a small team on patching major bugs like the air vents one...

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm shocked that there wasn't even a single patch for the game to resolve random bugs and texture issues. I guess the most we can hope for is a next gen update.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Was there at least any patch at all?

Still in the middle of the game and haven't continues, but I remember in the first weeks there were zero patches, not even a day one patch.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Did they even fixed the textures? If not what's the point of photo mode

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Final Fantasy XV, which needed a photo mode badly on console, didn't have one either. At least no proper one, the snap shot feature was just a very poor excuse. This isn't a Sony first party title anyway, so I don't really expect there to be any proper photo mode in the future either.

Oct 25, 2017
The game looked rough in quite a few areas. I don't see a photo mode doing it favours.

Tsushima benefitted from photo mode because it's unbelievably gorgeous.

Nugnip

Oct 25, 2017
You don't want a photo mode with those textures. Maybe they'll add it to a PC version.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
Rather they work on the next part than on a photo mode.

They could be working on a next gen patch and may include it then.

Ashes of Dreams

Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
I feel like it's weird to assume it's going to have one. It's definitely a popular AAA feature these days (KH3 had it too, I know) but I feel like it's something that should be considered an extra, and there's more important things for the FFVII Remake devs to be working on right now.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
I dunno why it needs one. They should rather work on the next part and ports of Part 1.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
playing it again right now and yes it absolutely needs a photo mode, but more importantly. this game needs a part 2 fast, so keep working on that square.

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
Not even working on bugfix patches for a game that sold as well as this is incredibly baffling to me.

Like, who would tell me that they didnt expect Final Fantasy 7 to sell well? And they just decide to basically just not do the maintenance part of the basic software lifecycle? Who the hell plans like this?

Oct 25, 2017
Not even working on bugfix patches for a game that sold as well as this is incredibly baffling to me.

Like, who would tell me that they didnt expect Final Fantasy 7 to sell well? And they just decide to basically just not do the maintenance part of the basic software lifecycle? Who the hell plans like this?

I assume that covid probably affected plans a bit. I imagine there were plans once the game came out to have a team do bug fixes, another work on next gen versions, and then the majority were moved over to Part 2 (or other projects). But when covid hit they probably realised they couldn't do all of them in the expected timeframe, so they prioritised on the ones that will make profit in the future.

APZonerunner

Features Editor at VG247.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
England
Seems like a natural addition for a next-gen/PC version, and I bet they'll want to charge an upgrade fee or outright charge again.

Steiner_Zi

Oct 28, 2017
I'm ok with no new features or textures being left as is but they SHOULD have put out a patch fixing the game-breaking bug in the air vent. There's no excuse for that.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Yeah that's gonna be included in FF7 Remake S: Echoes of an elusive age in April probably

DOBERMAN INC

Oct 27, 2017
Why fix anything when you can use it as bullet points for the next version?(No patches or bugfixes, not photomode)

Videogames.

Last edited:

Chibs

Nov 5, 2017
Belgium
There hasn't even been a patch for major bugs in the game (at least, it seems many texture related problems are bugs, considering they recently found out that the correct textures are there, they're just not loading), so I'm not surprised at all that a photo mode isn't out. It's actually pretty baffling when you think about how they put it out there and haven't supported it after the release. Of course, Covid is probably to blame for this and that is a perfectly reasonable explanation, but even then it's still pretty strange.

Sawyer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Not every developer wants a photo mode in their game. They highlight blemishes.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
1. There is likely gonna be a re-release for next-gen consoles by March of next-year with these kind of features.

2. There is a ww pandemic going on and adding Photo Mode might not be the No. 1 priority for every developer right now.

Izzard

Banned
Sep 21, 2018
Not gonna lie, I stopped playing very early in to the game to wait for the door texture bug/possible photo mode patch to come out. Still waiting..

ekka4shiki

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 31, 2017
That's saved for FFVIIR: Royal/Ultimate Hits/GOTY/whatever where they'll include all the update PC ver. get.

Oct 27, 2017
Seems like a natural addition for a next-gen/PC version, and I bet they'll want to charge an upgrade fee or outright charge again.
I partially agree with this. I think if Sony have been astute with their deal PlayStation players will get the updates for free to next-gen and Xbox and PC players buy it with patches or graphics updates for the first time. I do highly suspect a full-price launch on both those platforms though, despite a year's gap in release. Although, I do wonder how much resource has gone into further updates given the insistence of Nomura to move all development to part 2.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
I wonder how much Covid has affected potential patches for this game (not that I expect a photo mode, at least not anytime soon).

Arex

Oct 27, 2017
Indonesia
Do we really have no patch/ update yet since launch? I haven't played since I finished the game so I don't know if there has been any update. I guess the door texture is gonna stay huh :P

Calabi

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah I'm saddened by this as well, the game looks amazing to me and I've taken loads of pics it would be great if I could do it without the UI. It's incredible there's been no update so far.

Personally I think they are waiting to resell the definitive remake edition on PS4 when the improved Xbox version comes out with all the updates and extras. People seem to love this strategy of Squares.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
There's no excuse for the vent bug still being there.

Photo mode will probably come when the PC/Xbox releases.

Oct 28, 2017
Game seemed relatively bug free to me, played through to completion didnt pick up on anything major. Photo mode would be nice but not every game has to have one.

Steiner_Zi

Oct 28, 2017
Haha, It really did!
Aerith is mad!

tenor.gif

Tetsujin

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I don't think it'll get a photo mode, at least not in the same vein as a lot of Sony first party titles. FFXV and KH3 ended up having a photo feature and both times they went down a completely different route with it.

Also, I think it's funny that there is still no patch for VII Remake, but OG VII has received another one in the meantime.

Tiago Rodrigues

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 15, 2018
Forget about that photo mode.

Does the game still downgrade before our very eyes to the point even cardboxes don't show the way they should?

I just played FFXV after this one and it looked better (except for the first few chapters and character models). And it was open world.

shinken

Oct 27, 2017
Still 1.0? Wow, that is kinda unhead of for games nowadays. So, they still haven't fixed those ugly ass lowres textures?
But I guess for Square Enix it's not that uncommon. Has Nier PC ever gotten its first patch?

Trafalgar Law

Nov 6, 2017
massive missed opportunity
the photo mode should be a focus by sony, it did wonders for ghost of tsushima, it dominated sm with that for weeks