• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Choco Chick doesn't look as bad in motion.

Fucking Megamind Carbabuncle needs fixing though. His head is way too big.

Earthed

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Sep 26, 2019
I really do hope they keep some of those extended summoning animation things on some of the more iconic ones.

Pankratous

Oct 26, 2017
Playing FFXV right now and the summons in that are absolutely insanely huge and epic, this looks so lame in comparison lol.

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Playing FFXV right now and the summons in that are absolutely insanely huge and epic, this looks so lame in comparison lol.
Those summons were just stupid instant win buttons and their activation required absolutely no skill or planning on the part of the player. Summons are the second-worst thing about Final Fantasy XV, behind its dumbfuck narrative.

Death Penalty

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
They look a lot better than I was expecting after the renders, nice stuff.

I think that Chocobo Chick is using flare, Boko style!

Pankratous

Oct 26, 2017
Those summons were just stupid instant win buttons and their activation required absolutely no skill or planning on the part of the player. Summons are the second-worst thing about Final Fantasy XV, behind its dumbfuck narrative.

Doesn't mean it's not cool as hell though. Cool ass cutscenes.

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
Too bad I'll probably never use them because I don't pre order and won't pay a cent for them

Also, I wonder if if cactaur won't be a regular enemy in the game since he is a summon.

Oct 31, 2017
AWWW CARBUNCLE IS SO CUTE

Why the fuck is it a pre-order bonus I'm so annoyed

The grand total of 4 summons are also one of the only things about XV with any hint of cinematic flair. And only the summon sequences, as 2 of those 4 also have genuinely embarrassing "set piece" boss fights.

CortexVortex

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Yeah I have to agree with most here that I found the summons in XV extremely disappointing. I still remember being in awe when I first saw Bahamut Zero in FF VII but in XV every summon was more like "meh, kinda nice cutscene I guess".

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
Is there anyway to even get the carbuncle with a disc copy in the UK? Got to pay bloody £80 to get cactuar.

Oct 28, 2017
I loved the summons in XV and wished there were more. I mean, it was mainly Ramuh... but the old geezer kicked ass anyway!

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017
These summons look more fun than the trash that was in FF15. Seems like you retain control over when to use them.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Carbuncle is just horrible, not sure what they were going for.
I wanna see this in Remake.

hqdefault.jpg

Spacejaws

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
Kinda reminda me a bit of how FFXII did summons which was lame until the Zodiac Edition let you control them and even then they were still kinda wank.

Can you control the summons? Kinda wish they were back to cinematic high damaging attacks tbh.

Deleted member 7883

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Now that I see it in motion, Chocobo Chick doesn't look too bad. I might even start liking big brain time chocobo. Same for Carbuncle.

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
The chocobo chick is actually really, really cute in game. That render is just horrible. Carbuncle on the other hand still looks bad and the Cactaur looks hilarious.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
They look a lot better in motion, since I don't notice how horrid they look. (Carbuncle and Chick. Cactuar is fine)

......They still look horrid though.

Nama

A Big Deal
Nov 2, 2017
Are these going to be the only summons you can use anywhere because they are the smol ones lol? Correct me im wrong but i thought they said summons were limited to boss fights?

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Is the deluxe edition going to come with the original case and boxart? I have no interest in the steelbook really but want the other extras like the summons.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Sweet baby Jesus that looks incredible. Just imagine what they'll be doing with Neo & Zero Bahamut, Odin, and Knights of the Round

I feel like that system kind of ruins Odin and the bigger summons. Having Odin derp around the battlefield pathetically whacking enemies with his sword instead of showing up and murdering everything instantly just kinda misses the whole point of that summon.