• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 426

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This would be valid perhaps if they didn't also fix the Xbox version, but they did. I can't even imagine how much less it will sell on Xbox compared to any other system on Earth.
Yeah but it'll have been the same team porting the Switch and Xbox version. So that actually does make sense. Not that it's an excuse, it just isn't a total FU to PS4 owners. It's just stupidity.

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
Yeah but it'll have been the same team porting the Switch and Xbox version. So that actually does make sense. Not that it's an excuse, it just isn't a total FU to PS4 owners. It's just stupidity.

Maybe, but I was under the impression that they are all 3 just the exact same port of the PC version so who knows. Regardless it should be patched, hell I don't even care I already platinumed it and won't play it again for years if ever, but I'm personally just sick of PS4 being left out of all this extra shit they keep doing. Just seems like a stupid business move to keep leaving stuff out of the console that has sold more than the other two combined.

Edit: Same for PC.

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know if FFX has any issues?

FFX doesn't really have any technical issues AFAIK; however, no version except PC has the various QoL mechanisms (fastforward, encounter toggle, boosters).

I just replayed the Switch version, and personally found the lack of QoL features pretty frustrating. It's one of the more encounter dense Final Fantasies.

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Holy fucking shit! Why not on PS4 too? That version has been out since 2015 for fuck's sakes! I've been putting off buying it because if that! I demand this patch for PS4 as well!

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I'm so hyped on the remake I think I'm going to pick this up on Switch later tonight. In the mood for it

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Was there always a Dotemu logo on startup? I don't remember noticing that before.
Wait what? Did they hire these guys to patch the game? If so they better be working on this patch for PS4. I bought it in 2015 (had I known about the bug earlier I wouldn't have) and I've refused to play it because of it. I also won't reward Square with an additional sale from me because they've refused to patch the ps4 version for 4 fucking years.

Us gamers can easily get very entitled with only a few of those times being legitimately justified. This is one of those rare times. I was an early buyer of the first console rerelease, if I get shafted in favor of the newer switch and XB1 releases ill get pissed. As is it's already there wasn't any excuse not to have fixed this earlier.

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Needing to patch a port of a 22 year old game that already had that very same bug in the very same port patched... Truly what a time to be alive!

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Now you know what Nintendo users feel like when they get shafted for the n-th time. Not a feeling people mainly playing on Playstation experience often relating to their platform of choice.
But yeah, it's pretty damn stupid. There's no reason for this update to not hit PlayStation 4 as well - even if it happens to come later on, not having this ready at the same time is really, really dumb and unnecessary and paints a very bad picture.
I'm a Nintendo fan too but I unfortunately bought FFVII on PS4 and I'm not too eager on paying again for the Switch version when a patch could have easily been applied to the PS4 version as well. It's completely unfair that Square Enix decides to withhold one version, especially when this has been a recurring problem in all their releases.

Grapezard

Nov 16, 2017
Well I can't exactly say thanks, it shouldn't have been an issue for so long and the fix is missing in a few versions. This will get me to pull the trigger on switch, though.

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm a Nintendo fan too but I unfortunately bought FFVII on PS4 and I'm not too eager on paying again for the Switch version when a patch could have easily been applied to the PS4 version as well. It's completely unfair that Square Enix decides to withhold one version, especially when this has been a recurring problem in all their releases.
Also it's a matter of principle. I also bought this on PS4 back in 2015 years before we had even heard about the NX for the first time, let alone the Switch. I am not rewarding Square with an additional sale by buying it on switch because they've refused to patch my PS4 copy for almost 4 fucking years.

If they hired this French developer to patch this on XB1 and Switch they better be working on the PS4 right now. I can see them giving priority to those versions first because they've just come out and the hype around the PS4 is not as big anymore but they still better make that patch for all.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
So just to confirm...

FF7 and FFXII are safe to buy on Switch.

FF9 and FFX - hope for patches?
(FFX for QoL updates from PC)

Cheezeman3000

One Winged Slayer
Jan 5, 2018
So just to confirm...

FF7 and FFXII are safe to buy on Switch.

FF9 and FFX - hope for patches?
(FFX for QoL updates from PC)
Mostly correct, except FFX has almost a 0% chance of being patched to add the PC features so Switch already has the "best" console version. At least the QoL features aren't bugs so it's not like you're missing anything that the original had.
FFIX has a good chance of being patched now I'd say.

PARAdoja

Oct 27, 2017
I don't have any social media, what can we do to shout out to Square to patch it for PS4 too? is there a mail to spam?

JCal

Oct 27, 2017
Los Alfheim
Fuck off, Square!

I ran through VII on PS4 a month ago. Sure could have used a patch then. Ran VIII this month, and now it's time for IX. Even if they patch the Switch version, I'll be damned if I end up double dipping. Assholes! I'll never buy another port of VII or IX. I shouldn't have bought the pair for PS4 in the first place knowing the bugs existed.

flyover

Oct 26, 2017
I'm sorry but those character models on the field look like crap. In battle they still look out of place but not as bad, in the field they look like shrunken down humans. Horrible.
Yeah, I have say I prefer the stubby original character models to all the more realistically-proportioned mods. The mod versions are fine on their own, but in context, they don't fit with the backgrounds. Look like old action figures or something. I'm more interested in modding the blurry backgrounds to match the fidelity of the current character models. Though maybe that's not as big a deal when going portable on the Switch. Guess I'll find out this weekend!

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
I know I called out patch begging SE games before (and rightfully so) but wtf all versions really do need this fix.

Scythesurge

Oct 25, 2017
This update is pretty much what I needed for me to be interested in buying this version of FF7, glad it finally happened! Please do the same for 9 next (also analog control), and I'd also love 10's extra features from the PC version and I'll buy those two.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
ps4 is broken. Cant believe square is not fixing the ps4 version. The switch is pratically the same game of the ps4, but the sound is now fixed. ps4 isnt.

I can believe it. They didn't fix the PC version of Nier Automatta, either. If the fix was going to come, they'd have done it near release.

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
Lol, SE keeps fucking PS4 owners with their old games. I was thinking about doing another run few days ago, but I guess won't until they have the decency to patch it.

Fuck off Square

Zen Hero

Oct 25, 2017
Finally Square Enix is showing some respect to their classic games. Seriously these games deserve better.

Now do FF9 please. It's one of the all time classic RPGs and really doesn't deserve to have such a shoddy port.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
The irony of not patching the PlayStation version of a game that started on PlayStation...

Now that there's a social media post about it, maybe enough people can flood it to get them to follow up with the other versions and FF9.

Jan 11, 2018
I quickly put together this comparison, if anyone's curious to see how the console ports stack up to the Steam version. No mods. The console versions have a blur filter applied to the pre-rendered backgrounds.

https://cdn.knightlab.com/libs/juxt...html?uid=946b4b10-78d7-11e9-8e74-0edaf8f81e27

EDIT: In case the link doesn't work:

Steam:
CKJuBtc.jpg

vs.

Consoles:
wKrR8AG.jpg

Oct 30, 2017
I quickly put together this comparison, if anyone's curious to see how the console ports stack up to the Steam version. No mods. The console versions have a blur filter applied to the pre-rendered backgrounds.

https://cdn.knightlab.com/libs/juxt...html?uid=946b4b10-78d7-11e9-8e74-0edaf8f81e27

EDIT: In case the link doesn't work:

Steam:
CKJuBtc.jpg

vs.

Consoles:
wKrR8AG.jpg
I always wondered why they added that stupid VERY BLURRY filter to the consoles version.... it's seriously VERY BLURRY!

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Just to double check, which music is supposed to play in that scene? I didn't notice anything odd, but maybe I just didn't notice that the wrong music is playing.
In the reactor flashback when Cloud chucks Sephiroth after being stabbed it plays the field music toward the end of the scene instead of looping the cutscene music.