• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Beje

Oct 27, 2017
Are these versions fixed in any way from the original? Like, translation, bug fixes and all of that or is it literally the same with pretty much changed button prompts over an emulated PSX game?

OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Are these versions fixed in any way from the original? Like, translation, bug fixes and all of that or is it literally the same with pretty much changed button prompts over an emulated PSX game?

Basically the old games but with some minor fixes.
The big changes are the addition of cheats like 2x speed and such.

Gavin Stevens

Team Blur Games
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Telford, Shropshire
So is this essentially the same as the PlayStation 4 release? The PC release? Or what?

Like, what resolution will it run in? What aspect ratio changes are there? Etc etc

Granted it's an old game, and one of my faves even. But I would still like to know it's at least 1080p. I'm not expecting 4k hdr lol.

Makoto Yuki

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
So is this essentially the same as the PlayStation 4 release? The PC release? Or what?

Like, what resolution will it run in? What aspect ratio changes are there? Etc etc

Granted it's an old game, and one of my faves even. But I would still like to know it's at least 1080p. I'm not expecting 4k hdr lol.

Pretty sure it's the PS4 version, which I don't even remember what changed other than the introduction of "Boosters."

Gotta love that it's finally on a Nintendo Console after all these years.

Gavin Stevens

Team Blur Games
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Telford, Shropshire
I read that it's "upscaled to 1080p" on PS4.

Now doe sthat actually mean it's running at PS1 resolution upscaled? Or does it mean 1080p...? They can't release it that low res surely?

Edit: ahh it's 1080p but you can't stretch the aspect ratio. That makes more sense, I would have been shocked if it was classic ps1 res lol.

Last edited:

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
Considering the history of this game with Nintendo, having FF VII been done and dealth with in like 5 seconds within the Direct was kinda funny.

Should be Play Anywhere for Xbox as well.

Alent

Oct 28, 2017
Finally time for me to upgrade from the PS1 disc i've been using all this time!

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Will there be a physical release or is this just digital? I'll pick it up either way.

And those Switch IX and VII tweets have been overrun by VIII fans. :( Dam, let these games have their moment, especially IX, good lord.

Deleted member 9857

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
kinda surprised it's not up for pre-order on eShop when Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon did go up after the Direct