• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Moogle

Top Mog
Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif

long-suffering Vincent fans your support group is here please hang in there he will arrive soon

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
"Next winter" would also be start 2024, no? Which would be the reason for saying that, rather than just "winter 2023"?
Yep.

Winter Starts: Thursday, Dec 21, 2023 10:27 pm EST

Winter Ends: Tuesday, Mar 19, 2024 11:06 pm EDT

So, March 19, 2024 is your release date.

...until they delay it to September 2024.

ThreePi

Dec 7, 2017
Anyone else disappointed that the best title in the FFVII universe, Ehrgeiz: God Bless The Ring, didn't even get a mention?

Arthoneceron

Oct 27, 2017
Minas Gerais, Brazil
It was okay. Not really feeling how they will put the events of the end of 1st disc of Final Fantasy VII and put it in a way as impactful as it was on the past, but I can guess that they felt the 2nd disc was too much a filler if compared with the 3rd.

It's been almost fifteen years since I played the old game, so I can be wrong, but in the beginning of the 2nd disc, we have Cloud broken, the awakening of the Weapons, the Wutai and the Vincent's Mansion, some fights against Shinra, and then... what?

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
Regarding that leak it did know the title was REBIRTH hmm

Why did you have to post that lol

If they kill off cloud that's the dumbest, most obnoxious thing S-E will have ever done to one of their key franchises

Gaia Lanzer

Oct 25, 2017
REBIRTH? They're gonna retcon the shit out of the storyline aren't they.

Wouldn't the appropriate titie be Remake Part 2?

Still, although we've seen very little, it looks great!
The first game, FFVII Remake WAS the "Remake". It remade the Midgar portion of the game (which from the reaction of FFVII fans here at the time, is the greatest part of that game anyway), and it remade the events within the timeline to technically be considered as a sequel to the original game and Compilation. As other theories have popped up, including my own, Rebirth will likely signify a diverging timeline. It's like in Loki, the meddling that occurred in FFVII Remake resulted in a variant branch of FFVII history being created.

Anyone else disappointed that the best title in the FFVII universe, Ehrgeiz: God Bless The Ring, didn't even get a mention?

Because Ehrgeiz isn't a FFVII game. It's a game that has FFVII characters in it, like KH.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
I hope that "leak post" is fake. Might need to spoil that given they're giving away "potential spoilers that majorly change things." If it's real then fuck, if not then it's a joke.

I wish I didn't see that lmao.

P-Bo

One Winged Slayer
Jun 17, 2019
Not gonna port-beg, but I really hope Ever Crisis isn't bound to mobile.

Gibson

Oct 29, 2017
If that leak is real a part of me is IN because it is such a mad departure from the plot and I can't help but admire the balls to do that.

I guess Aerith being 'used by Minerva as a vessel' kinda makes sense, which is why Aerith has some awareness about the timeline stuff.
Genesis also went into slumber prior to the events of the game, only to awaken when a threat came to the planet (Sephiroth/meteor?)
This ending also gives Zack a redemption after his original death (and would be fitting he takes more a central role with the Crisis Core remaster)
Cloud gets killed but then is reborn again in the third game (Sephiroth brings him from the alternate timeline)

Luneth

Aug 5, 2020
There was this leak a few days back...
1655417939983.png
As much as I loved the remake, this would be awful. I have always thought the power of ffvii's story was the pain of the loss and dealing with it, it was a serious and mature game. This leak is purely anime drama and kingdom hearts time traveling nonsense again.

I doubt the leak is accurate given that the game is at minimum one year and a half away, but I really, really hope they won't go in that direction. I mean, I can accept story changes of course. If I want the original experience I can play ffvii. But just respect the tone of the game, which was what made ffvii so special.

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
Cid being not playable when they already had a spear using character (albeit non playable) in Intermission screams fake.

And Warrrior of Light😂
Right. The only thing is that they knew it was called Rebirth. Which imo gives it lots of legitimacy. No one was guessing it would be called that, wasn't even on the radar. We assumed Remake part 2.