• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Oh wow, they actually patched it on PS4. Maybe I will do another playthrough before the remake after all.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This is why I still hold a small hope that the PC and PS4 versions of Final Fantasy XII will one day get patched to add the extra features from the Switch and XB1 ports. (And a microscopic hope that X/X-2 HD on PS4 will get Pro support...)
The remasters will be ported to the PS5, you will buy them and you will love it.

Anaron

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lol @ "wait for the remake"

Why? The entire perfect original game should be played first instead of 1/4 of it in HD

TheDarkKnight

Oct 25, 2017
Wow I never thought they'd fix it.

did the ps4 ff12 get those extra features I heard the Xbox ver apparently got? Need to look into it some more

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
I assume this fixes were already on the Switch version right?

100mega

Oct 27, 2017
Now fix the button lag on all versions. Also fix the frame rate on menus to make Tifa's limit break work correctly.

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Wait, FFIX also got patched to fix its music bug? On the Switch?

I may finally pick that game up if that's the case. That would be fantastic.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
It's more a UI issue. The battles run at 15 FPS, just like the original. However, in the original, the battle menus went at 60 FPS. For some reason, in the remaster, the battle menus also run at 15 (or 30) FPS, making them feel sluggish and cause some missed inputs sometimes.
They're not fixing that, it's an issue from the PC port.

Basically any issues still remaining in VIII Remastered are due to the PC version, they can't do much about that.

Zephy

Oct 27, 2017
They fixed it NOW ? Thought this had been dealt with months ago. It's the kind of thing that should be patched during the first week.

tolman

Oct 29, 2017
Wonder if we got this patch due to Final Fantasy games being relaesed on xbox/gamepass. Maybe Square had some cash to spare on fixing while porting.

Nerokis

Oct 25, 2017
Why on earth did this take so long?!?!

Probably moved on from FFVII to FFIX to FFVIII, didn't intend to provide much post-launch support in general, but internalized enough of the criticism that the impetus provided from the highly publicized Switch releases was enough to put the PS4 versions back on the radar.

And FFVII:R means FFVII is a subject of constant discussion again.

The fact that these remasters released with these issues and then abandoned for so long continues to be mind-boggling, but otherwise, the timing of these fixes kinda makes sense?

Wonder if we got this patch due to Final Fantasy games being relaesed on xbox/gamepass. Maybe Square had some cash to spare on fixing while porting.

This, too.

Jan 11, 2018
I will never understand this from developers/publishers. Just make them all as equal as possible ya fuckers.

Same. Especially when we're talking about remasters. For a game like Dragon Quest XI, the PS4 version should have included orchestral music to begin with and I think it's fair game to think that should have been patched it. I'm fine with new additional features in general coming to a much later port of a same gen game to make up for the delay (although in every single case, being an early adopter of a Square Enix means you'll end up with quite a significantly inferior version to the point where it kind of feels like you're being treated like a beta tester). Heck, even Konami kept patching the latest Bomberman game on Switch with the new stuff added in the PS4 and Xbox One ports. But indeed, you'd think they'd work on making remasters as equally definitive as possible. And certainly not come with broken RNG and music bugs on disc, for example.

So the incorrect music during the Cloud's past cutscene and the overworld music starting over after each battle have both been corrected?

No idea about the flashback music. People need to report in on that. I think we also need a confirmation on whether or not the scene with President Shinra after a major event in Midgar still has music from a prior event bleeding into it or not.

But it would at least seem that getting into battles no longer reset whatever music is playing when triggered (and not just on the overworld).

Tetsujin

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
The overworld music is just a really silly issue that has somehow remained for a long, long time. But sure, not the biggest thing ever. What's more egregious is the glitch breaking the special music moment in one of the most important scenes in the game. Still probably unnoticeable to most, but that's the real victory here to me.

That one's still not entirely fixed. The music doesn't loop properly and cuts out too soon. At least it doesn't play the Mako Reactor theme at that point anymore, but still.

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I'm surprised they remembered they needed to fix this thing.

THANKS SANTA

Deleted member 3010

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Better late than never I guess. I dropped my playthrough a long ass time ago because this was really irritating.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
I was literally looking at comparison vids of the different versions last night, as I assumed this bug was patched already, and was gonna buy it until I found out it wasn't the case.

I do have it on PS1, but it's a pain to hook my CRT and PS2 up of I want to play, and where I was up to (I remember being at the Palmer fight in Rocket Town, although when I loaded my save I was back outside Nibelheim, so I mustn't have saved since getting Vincent) I was super underleveled, and I was missing a load of enemy skills and materia, and hadn't really bothered levelling materia etc., as I hated the battle system on it. A fresh playthrough might be enough to get me through the game, and if it has fast forward features, that's perfect to get back up to speed.

Obviously I'm not gonna fast forward the staircase route though.