• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 721

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
eb154f69bb464531873e8e7fd24f7a0e.gif

Better late than never I suppose.

Dr Pears

Sep 9, 2018
Should I play this game before the Remake? How hard is the Platinum trophy?

Also I found a cheap copy of Crisis Core for PSP and bought it. Should I play that before or after FF7?

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina

Also I found a cheap copy of Crisis Core for PSP and bought it. Should I play that before or after FF7?
Honestly if you don't have nostalgia for it just wait for Remake. Or play it and enjoy all the changes and similarities between the 2. Im assuming you know the plot at this point? And honestly you might not want to play a game with the same general plot so close together.

PARAdoja

Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit, finally! And I've just finished Death Stranding to boot.

I'll be getting that Platinum now, thank you.

Dr Pears

Sep 9, 2018
if you want to play one, play the original
Honestly if you don't have nostalgia for it just wait for Remake. Or play it and enjoy all the changes and similarities between the 2. Im assuming you know the plot at this point? And honestly you might not want to play a game with the same general plot so close together.
I don't really know the plot too well. I'm just worried when I play FF7R, that the gap between Part 1 and Part 2 and any subsequent parts would be too long and I lose interest.

Ryuman

Nov 1, 2017
Okay, Square. You win, I promised. I'll buy your remasters again

Edit: Nevermind. Deal is off lol

Last edited:

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Don't wait for the remake that won't be finished for years, play the guaranteed good game right now.

Play now. Very easy Platinum. Only IX has a tough plat, because of the mini games.

CHC

Oct 27, 2017
So wait, are Final Fantasy 9 and 7 both fixed on PS4 and Switch? Or are there still versions with the loop glitch?

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
I knew this was a problem on the Switch too; did that version ever get fixed?

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
lol easiest thing to patch and it took how many years

meanwhile a new game with complex game breaking bugs gets patched in no time

Wandu

Oct 27, 2017
Got my plat a month after this came out. Looks like its time to update it to play again.

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I wonder if they're going to have a bundle with FF7 and the remake (honestly, adding the OG as an unlockable would be awesome but I'm assuming they won't do that).

Transistor

Outer Wilds Ventures Test Pilot
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
I didn't know there were issues with FF8 too :(

Is it music related? And does it only affect the PS4 version?
It's more a UI issue. The battles run at 15 FPS, just like the original. However, in the original, the battle menus went at 60 FPS. For some reason, in the remaster, the battle menus also run at 15 (or 30) FPS, making them feel sluggish and cause some missed inputs sometimes.

logash

Oct 27, 2017
Think I'm going to try a clean run with no cheats after I beat part one of the remake. This will certainly make that a more pleasant experience.

Deleted member 49770

Banned
Nov 20, 2018
I'm glad they fixed it, but I'm surprised at how game changing this seems to be for so many people. I played through it fairly recently and I didn't even realize it was a bug, though it makes sense in retrospect as the song is so long and I only ever heard it all when I turned off encounters. It certainly didn't hamper my experience at all. I guess it's different for those who grew up with it.

Ryuman

Nov 1, 2017
I'm glad they fixed it, but I'm surprised at how game changing this seems to be for so many people. I played through it fairly recently and I didn't even realize it was a bug, though it makes sense in retrospect as the song is so long and I only ever heard it all when I turned off encounters. It certainly didn't hamper my experience at all. I guess it's different for those who grew up with it.
The overworld music is just a really silly issue that has somehow remained for a long, long time. But sure, not the biggest thing ever. What's more egregious is the glitch breaking the special music moment in one of the most important scenes in the game. Still probably unnoticeable to most, but that's the real victory here to me.

EDIT: Nevermind it seems like it's still broken WTF

Last edited:

Deleted member 49482

Banned
Nov 8, 2018
This is awesome. I was psyched when I bought my PS4 last month and got surprised when I randomly saw FF7 in the PS4 Store. But then I got a little bummed when I read about some of the glitches and problems that make that version a downgrade to the PS1 version in certain ways.

It sucks when your two choices are:
1. Play a re-release with cleaner graphics for modern TVs.
2. Play the old version without bugs and other assorted annoyances.

This is going to go a long way in making me feel better about opting for choice #1.

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
This is why I still hold a small hope that the PC and PS4 versions of Final Fantasy XII will one day get patched to add the extra features from the Switch and XB1 ports. (And a microscopic hope that X/X-2 HD on PS4 will get Pro support...)