• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rpgmonkey

Oct 25, 2017
Let's go!

Of the whole collection this is the one I've been looking forward to the most. It's my favorite in the series but I haven't played it in a while.

From the screenshots it looks decent visually, mainly curious to see what kind of gameplay adjustments they've made to this one.

Welkins

Apr 7, 2021
YESSSSSSSS FINALLY I CAN PLAY V

Fuck tho. 9 days before Endwalker..... I think 8 days is doable

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Finally! First one worth giving a shit about (for meeeee). Excited to tackle this. Not sure if I'll buy it on mobile or PC though. Wish Crossbuy was a thing but that's never going to happen.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if FF6 will be out by the end of the year. At this rate, seems like it'll be January.

adz2ka

Nov 1, 2017
Based on current timings we could expect FF6 just before Christmas? Great Christmas present if so.

Oct 25, 2017
I've asked this before but.....FFIV vs FFV.... People are often split in terms of which they prefer, right? One has a better story and the other had better gameplay and exploration?

Euler007

Jan 10, 2018
Noice. Only have a few achievements left on 1-4. My FFIV team is getting bored on hitting Zeromus for 9999 and taking 1 damage.

aett

Oct 27, 2017
Northern California
One of my favorite FFs, but I'm not going to get this until I know for sure that it's not going to have several-minute-long title screen loading times on my PC like FFIV still does. Not sure what's causing it, but it's affecting a small percentage of players.

Allard

Oct 25, 2017
I've asked this before but.....FFIV vs FFV.... People are often split in terms of which they prefer, right? One has a better story and the other had better gameplay and exploration?

They are very different games. One is extremely narrative focused with minimal side content and no party customization (Characters come and go with only a hand full really there most the time) so your experience is going to made or broken based on if you enjoy the story. The other still has a good story but its focus is on the world and the gameplay. The characters are there to fulfill the journey and defeat the evil. They have very limited background or personal motivations save for one character. But the world and the content is king, and its got a higher focus on lighter/fun content pacing, its not overally serious outside of content directly dealing with the story.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
Nice. Shame that VI is likely early next year but tbh they should take all the time they need with that one so it looks and sounds as good as it can. I really want it to be as uncompromised as possible. Still sucks about the lack of additional GBA content these games have but oh well. At least 5 and 6 should look better than the mobile/steam versions.

Deleted member 81119

User-requested account closure
Banned
Sep 19, 2020
V and VI are the ones I've been most excited for. I think the soundtrack is gonna be transformative for V, potentially more so than even FF3. Vs story is underrated.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I want to replay this so damn bad. I wanna participate in a fiesta, I've never done it before.

It really isn't a spoiler until you bring attention to it. :\

Krile existing isn't even a spoiler too. She's been all over the promotional art for the game for literally years…

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
I wonder if FF6 will be out by the end of the year. At this rate, seems like it'll be January.

God I wish, but its looking to be more like Jan.....

So if i already own the steam version will i get this for free or do i gotta buy it again?

Nope, you'll have to buy it again.

People always sleep on this game. I've played the GBA one and it's damn good.

I beat the SNES version at least 3 times, the PS1 version once, the GBA version once and currently playing the original FFV steam release right now lmao.

Not nearly as good as 4 or 6 but It Is enjoyable at some parts.

Yep , my least favorite of the SNES trilogy but its still a good game.

@OT - Hoping GMG gives a good sale discount like the rest cause that is where I'll be getting mine to add to my FF collection on Steam.

tOucM5W.jpg

DevilPuncher

Aggressively Mediocre
Oct 25, 2017
As someone who generally doesn't care for the franchise, FFV is excellent. Looking forward to hearing the OST, especially Battle at the Big Bridge

Apr 19, 2018
Hoping they go with the excellent GBA localization.

And please, please, PLEASE provide us with some form of the original's mode 7-based end credits, instead of the generic in-space credit roll that's been featured in all of the Pixel Remaster titles to date.

FFV ending/credits sequence:

Status
Not open for further replies.